Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : How have you know Drod ?
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Jason
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1076
IP: Logged
icon Re: How have you know Drod ? (+1)  
My dad said one day, Hey! Here is a cool game! I played through the demo and then googled DROD.

FORUM!!!!

Then I started playing and making holds!

GO DROD!

07-27-2006 at 03:00 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Neather2
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 406
icon Re: How have you know Drod ? (0)  
Not memory exactly, my first one drod is be king dugan's the Dungeon, however drod fortunately, when I have bought my computer 2-3 years ago, the store of the PC has inserted many games of which drod, then playing to us I have learned and from a situated one of Internet with my sister we have unloaded the integral version, drod appeals to and king the Dungeon very to me also, thus has known and played drod :D

Conspiracy, my new hold, has just been released.

[Last edited by Neather2 at 07-27-2006 03:53 PM]
07-27-2006 at 03:52 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
NiroZ
Rank Points: 1302
I found it on a website somewere, but the thing that really got me hooked was when i saw the exit screen. I was expecting yet another "buy this game, it has X features, Look at the screen's!"
I was suprised to find "the worlds greatest salesman" raving on about the possiblites of this game.
It would have to be the first advertisment i have enjoyed in years. Of course, a website that was actually friendly instead of the usual mechaical feel(complete with overbearing staff and signs everywere saying "we respect your right to be here, but for gods sake, behave yourself OR ELSE") Helped quite abit.
ok, chances are i am exaggerating, but you get the idea.

07-28-2006 at 06:05 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
NekoIncardine
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 127
I was going through Sourceforge'sopen-source games repository, and found the open-source release known as DROD: Architect's Edition. (Anyone everrealize the multidirectional nature of the name?) The site was linked to ccaravelgames.com,which included the JtRH Demo. A few months and a few fan holds later, and I bought JtRH and CaravelNet.

Now of course I ALMOST want to redo KDD in Architect's Edition to see how different that ending was from 2.0. :)

08-03-2006 at 09:47 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
AtkinsSJ
Rank Points: 107
I think I followed the link from Dumb the Game. I'm glad I did, too.
08-03-2006 at 12:37 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Snacko
Rank Points: 448
Syntax wrote:
Banjooie wrote:
Underdogs, I was like 'bah, I need a game' and then HEY HERE IS ARCHITECT'S EDITION.

Then I was like 'wtf, why are there no levels for this or community' because I kept googling 'deadly rooms of doom'.
Same here... On a long day at work back in 2005 I decided to look up some games on hotu, and I believe AE was recommended as it was freeware and a a great game.

Never looked back.

[now I must try and get a job though]

Yup, same here. I got JtRH a few days later, downloaded KDD 2.0 with a CaravelNet subscription, still playing today.

08-03-2006 at 01:52 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Snacko
Rank Points: 448
Neather2 wrote:
Not memory exactly, my first one drod is be king dugan's the Dungeon, however drod fortunately, when I have bought my computer 2-3 years ago, the store of the PC has inserted many games of which drod, then playing to us I have learned and from a situated one of Internet with my sister we have unloaded the integral version, drod appeals to and king the Dungeon very to me also, thus has known and played drod :D

What?

08-03-2006 at 01:53 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Ezlo
Rank Points: 1224
I think he got a CD with a bunch of free games on it, one of which was Webfoot DROD. Then he googled it and found the new Dugan's Dungeon and bought it. Am I correct?
08-03-2006 at 02:00 PM
golfrman
Rank Points: 165
one day my dad had this game called DROD, i started playing it, my dad told me about how to get more holds, and here i am, haven't even been playing for a month...

08-03-2006 at 10:28 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Chaco
Rank Points: 3640
Oneiromancer is a only rarely-active member of a forum I go to, and while some of the members there were discussing DROD, I chimed in and complained about how the Architect's Edition was not available for Macintosh.

Then Oneiromancer posted and brought me over to play the JtRH demo for Mac.

08-03-2006 at 10:41 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
Schik has posted on the N forums too. He and I used to be able to get pretty decent high scores during the beta-testing and after that version was first released, but then the competition just got too fierce. Well, he almost always could beat me anyway, but I had a few scores that lasted a while. Not anymore as far as I know though.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
08-03-2006 at 11:28 PM
Niccus
Rank Points: 308
Was in the N forums too (mapmaker), but from the sounds of it, I was there much later than you guys...

Trib4l's just beginning to get nudged off his throne, from the looks of it.
08-03-2006 at 11:40 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : How have you know Drod ?
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com