Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Journey to Rooted Hold : Sixth Level : 4 North, 1 East (Room Preceding Level 8 Warp)
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
nickcoffey
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 27
IP: Logged
icon Journey to Rooted Hold : Sixth Level : 4 North, 1 East (0)  
Hello.

In Level 6, before arriving at [what I suppose to be] a warp to Level 8 (a room that shows up in my lower-left map as having been visited by me, though I don't know how because I have yet to get past 4N1E), you first must depress all the trapdoors. To do this, you also have to kill the Golems on their originating spots.

My question isn't how to kill the Golems on their originating spots (because I'd like to figure that out on my own), but is there a way to get credit for having found 4N1E and 4N (the warp room), without actually having to warp? In other words, can I kill the Golems and go back the way I came, despite the arrow? Or is there a way, once having jumped to Level 8, to go back to Level 7? I don't want to skip a level.

I'm currently about to finish Level 6 and move on to Level 7, but I just thought I'd toss this question into the forum; no rush on an answer.

Cheers!
-Nick

[Last edited by Schik at 03-04-2012 08:27 AM : Room id fix]
04-20-2006 at 07:18 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Alneyan
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 622
icon Re: Journey to Rooted Hold : Sixth Level : 4 North, 1 East (+1)  
Note that you may conquer secret rooms at any moment of your liking. So, you could finish the whole hold without conquering any secret, and take care of them afterwards; you would still get the credit for solving the secrets.

If you do not wish to use the Warp Room, you can leave that room and bypass 4N 1E on your way back, bringing you back to the rest of the level. So, there is no need to use the Restore screen for this particular room.
04-20-2006 at 10:19 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
ChrisB
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 58
icon Re: Journey to Rooted Hold : Sixth Level : 4 North, 1 East (0)  
I've only three rooms left to complete 100% and this is one of them. I've tried everything I can think of to kill the Golems on their squares without success - hints or spoilers welcome.

Chris

05-01-2006 at 09:18 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
jbluestein
Rank Points: 1670
icon Re: Journey to Rooted Hold : Sixth Level : 4 North, 1 East (+2)  
ChrisB wrote:
I've only three rooms left to complete 100% and this is one of them. I've tried everything I can think of to kill the Golems on their squares without success - hints or spoilers welcome.

This is kind of a 'what works best' type of room. There's no clever trick to it.

I will note that it should be possible to keep almost all of the golems from moving off of their start squares if you plan your movement correctly, but you can't keep all of them from moving. At least one will have to be lured back onto the proper square.

Planning this so you get all the golems in exactly the right spot and still manage to have space to drop all of the trapdoors is, well, tricksy.

If you need a demo, I can probably scare one up.

05-02-2006 at 11:48 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Tuttle
Rank Points: 1545
There are some more hints in this thread, including a suggested golem-killing order in the last post.
05-02-2006 at 11:54 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
ChrisB
jbluestein wrote:
ChrisB wrote:

This is kind of a 'what works best' type of room. There's no clever trick to it.

I will note that it should be possible to keep almost all of the golems from moving off of their start squares if you plan your movement correctly, but you can't keep all of them from moving. At least one will have to be lured back onto the proper square.

Planning this so you get all the golems in exactly the right spot and still manage to have space to drop all of the trapdoors is, well, tricksy.

If you need a demo, I can probably scare one up.

Hi jb (hope it's not too personal to call you jb, but it saves mistyping your id)

I can get down to one golem, but he always gets me. Grateful if you send demo - PM if necessary.

Thanks

Chris

05-02-2006 at 07:11 PM
jbluestein
Rank Points: 1670

File: JtRH Sixth Level 4N1E Victory.demo (2.3 KB)
Downloaded 202 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Re: Journey to Rooted Hold : Sixth Level : 4 North, 1 East (+2)  
ChrisB wrote:
I can get down to one golem, but he always gets me. Grateful if you send demo - PM if necessary.

Thanks

Chris

Hi Chris --

I don't seem to be able to attach a demo to a PM, so I'm putting it up here.

Hope it helps!

05-04-2006 at 08:38 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
ChrisB
Thanks JB

That helped me get through and you deserve my one and only mod point - only two to get through now!!

Cheers
Chris

05-04-2006 at 09:23 PM
Coolspot
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 14

Hi Chris --

I don't seem to be able to attach a demo to a PM, so I'm putting it up here.

Hope it helps!

Ammmm... What is PM and where is "HERE"?
O:-

11-02-2006 at 10:48 AM
NiroZ
Rank Points: 1302
Coolspot wrote:
Ammmm... What is PM and where is "HERE"?
O:-

here is here

and PM is a Private Message, which is similar to email.

[Last edited by NiroZ at 11-02-2006 10:56 AM : Private, not personal]
11-02-2006 at 10:55 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Coolspot
Rank Points: 14
Thank you very much.

:thumbsup

11-02-2006 at 11:09 AM
straight_up
Rank Points: 10
How can I open the demo? I'm on OS X, and the demo doesn't seem to be openable by DROD or as plaintext.
01-22-2007 at 04:06 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
NiroZ
Rank Points: 1302
straight_up wrote:
How can I open the demo? I'm on OS X, and the demo doesn't seem to be openable by DROD or as plaintext.
Go to the room that the demo is for, hit F6 ingame and then select the import button, then select the demo. Kinda non obvious I know.
01-22-2007 at 06:15 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Kalin
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 189
nickcoffey wrote:
but is there a way to get credit for having found 4N1E and 4N (the warp room), without actually having to warp?
Yes, you don't need to warp to get credit for finding it (and even solving since it's an official secret room).

In fact, you can reach it without solving 4N1E (and it seems you did in fact do that), but in that case you won't be able to warp.
Click here to view the secret text

03-29-2021 at 06:56 PM
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Journey to Rooted Hold : Sixth Level : 4 North, 1 East (Room Preceding Level 8 Warp)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com