Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Journey to Rooted Hold : Seventh Level : 1 South, 1 West (Solution)
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
bateria
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 14
IP: Logged

File: JtRH Seventh Level 1S1Wfinished.demo (2.7 KB)
Downloaded 165 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Journey to Rooted Hold : Seventh Level : 1 South, 1 West (+1)  
After reading the hints on this board, was able to solve this room.
Impossible for me to figure w/out this forum! Was stuck!!
Use the demo wisely as it is finished. just play it until you find particular problem hint!

04-11-2006 at 04:19 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Percy16
Rank Points: 10
icon Re: Journey to Rooted Hold : Seventh Level : 1 South, 1 West (0)  
bateria wrote:
After reading the hints on this board, was able to solve this room.
Impossible for me to figure w/out this forum! Was stuck!!
Use the demo wisely as it is finished. just play it until you find particular problem hint!
[

What type of file is the DEMO file JtRH Seventh level 1S1 Wfinished.demo you refer to? I cant open it!!!!
04-24-2006 at 07:44 PM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Alneyan
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 622
icon Re: Journey to Rooted Hold : Seventh Level : 1 South, 1 West (+1)  
The demo files recorded in DROD aren't opened by double-clicking on them. Instead, launch the game, hit the F6 key while playing or in the Restore screen, and click on Import. Select the .demo file you wish to watch, import it, and now you can watch the demo while in the room it was recorded in.

The DROD help has more information about demos (and not only recording them) under the "Recording demo" section.
04-24-2006 at 07:50 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
bateria
Alneyan wrote:
The demo files recorded in DROD aren't opened by double-clicking on them. Instead, launch the game, hit the F6 key while playing or in the Restore screen, and click on Import. Select the .demo file you wish to watch, import it, and now you can watch the demo while in the room it was recorded in.

The DROD help has more information about demos (and not only recording them) under the "Recording demo" section.

Thanks Alneyan for your explanation.
:D
04-25-2006 at 02:38 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
philb
Rank Points: 11
I can't kill the first queen and reach a potion before the clock reaches 30. Am I missing something ?
06-07-2006 at 02:30 PM
zaubberer
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 251
icon Re: Journey to Rooted Hold : Seventh Level : 1 South, 1 West (+1)  
philb wrote:
Am I missing something ?

seems so. check the direction where your sword pointing. and adjust it careful!

zaubberer
:wizard
06-07-2006 at 02:48 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
FROST
Alneyan wrote:

For some reason on my PC, demo files imported from the forum do not go to JTRH - they open The City Beneath but cannot find them in that game either. Can anyone give me some guidance on correcting this...? would be greatly appreciated.
10-29-2013 at 11:05 PM
Nuntar
Rank Points: 4590
icon Re: Journey to Rooted Hold : Seventh Level : 1 South, 1 West (+2)  
Whenever you install a new DROD game, it gives you the option to automatically associate demo files with that game. Which is all very well, but a tad inconvenient when you want to download a demo for one of the earlier games. What you can do is click on the download link, then select "Save" rather than "Open". Choose somewhere on your computer to save the file, then open JtRH, restore to the correct room, press F6, click "Import", and navigate to wherever you saved it.

10-29-2013 at 11:12 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
FROST
Nuntar wrote:
Whenever you install a new DROD game, it gives you the option to automatically associate demo files with that game. Which is all very well, but a tad inconvenient when you want to download a demo for one of the earlier games. What you can do is click on the download link, then select "Save" rather than "Open". Choose somewhere on your computer to save the file, then open JtRH, restore to the correct room, press F6, click "Import", and navigate to wherever you saved it.

Thanks but no cigar. Did try but get "error" message and can't find file. Tis weird as clicking "Open" did work through first few levels. Did manage that room though, Thanks again.

[Last edited by FROST at 10-30-2013 11:24 AM]
10-30-2013 at 11:09 AM
Elboy522
Rank Points: 9

File: JtRH Seventh Level 1S1W the HARD way.demo (2.6 KB)
Downloaded 38 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Seventh Level : 1 South, 1 West Finished the "Hard" way (-1)  
Hello all, Im a brand new member of this forum, and after becoming very annoyed at how people like to offer very cryptic advice for completing rooms, ive decided to just post my demo of JtRH seventh level 1 south, 1 West. Unlike every other demo that has been posted for this level, MY way is done by going to the arrow FIRST, and the citizen never tells me "Hah, you're new to this delver thing, aren't you?" When someone just wants a damn demo so that they can move on with the level, JUST GIVE THEM ONE!

Enjoy!:thumbsup

[Last edited by Elboy522 at 06-11-2016 11:25 PM : demo wasnt uploaded with message]
06-11-2016 at 11:23 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Nuntar
Rank Points: 4590
icon Re: Journey to Rooted Hold : Seventh Level : 1 South, 1 West (+2)  
The people here tend to offer cautious hints because, most of the time, that's what the person who is stuck wants -- a gentle prod in the right direction, not a complete solution. That said, when someone has specifically said they want a demo, they will generally be given one. This is the first thread for JtRH L7 1S1W, and a demo was posted just over an hour after one was requested.

06-12-2016 at 12:48 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Journey to Rooted Hold : Seventh Level : 1 South, 1 West (Solution)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com