Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Wonderquest : New WQ 2.3 Patch released.
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
googa
Level: Moderator
Rank Points: 282
IP: Logged
icon New WQ 2.3 Patch released. (+3)  
Thread terminated.

Download the newest version here.

[Last edited by googa at 06-05-2006 12:03 AM]
04-09-2006 at 09:11 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
googa
icon Download the newest quest file here. (0)  
No quest file available at this moment.

[Last edited by googa at 04-09-2006 09:13 PM]
04-09-2006 at 09:12 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
googa
icon Re: New WQ 2.3 Patch released. (+2)  
New Version 2.3 Quickly released. Reasons:

*A few bugs fixed.

*Some rooms that need Jax's special became impossible due to latest changes(Fixed).

*New speed optimization.

*Quest file improved.
04-12-2006 at 09:30 PM
skell
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3734
icon Re: New WQ 2.3 Patch released. (0)  
Well, I've patched the game. But the game started to work r-e-a-l-l-y slow :?. Well, not "THAT" much, but slower than in 2.1 (If I remember correctly - I had this version before). This might not be fault of the game, but 30 mnutes ago I've finished complete Windows reinstallation. If it will help, I'm using Windows XP, AMD Athlon XP 1800+ 1,51 GHz, 512 ram :D. And by the way, how can I quickly do the Hard Restart? I mean that I don't have to go to the restore screen so I can begin the level from entering, not from last Checkpoint?

Well, that's all (I think).

PS. I've just noticed it, but I think the more I play, the slower the game is. Maybe a not needed data is being kept in the memory? Well, I'm not sure :).

[Last edited by skell at 01-29-2012 08:42 PM : Going to the keep]
04-17-2006 at 04:27 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
googa
icon Re: New WQ 2.3 Patch released. (0)  
To restart from the room entrance point, hold -R- key for about a second. ;)

Do you have the latest DirectX Release installed? This is weird, because some people that have low-end computers (not your case), aren't having the same problem as yours.
04-17-2006 at 07:26 PM
skell
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3734
icon Re: New WQ 2.3 Patch released. (+1)  
Well, right now everything seems to work normal. Strange. And I have at least DirectX 8.1 (Game Maker 6.1 is not running on lover DirectX's). I think the problem gone. Maybe there were some very Memory Eating process. But I didn't noticed that. Well, I think the problem disappeared. Well, I've never encountered such thing before with WQ (And I'm playing it a lot - I'm now near the end of 11th level). So thanks for curiosity and help, but I hope that this problem will not happen anymore :). And sorry for bothering you :).

04-17-2006 at 10:37 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
googa
icon Re: New WQ 2.3 Patch released. (+1)  
No problem bro! :) The more you guys write here, the more I feel encouraged to improve the game. Keep writing (about anything), It's good to have something to read at the end of the day.

When I run WQ in my Notebook using battery, it becomes very slow. This can also be one reason for slowdowns.
04-19-2006 at 07:27 AM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Wonderquest : New WQ 2.3 Patch released.
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com