Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Illumination : One More Piece of News. (A rare addendum to the April Illumination.)
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Doom
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3226
IP: Logged
icon Re: One More Piece of News. (+1)  
Syntax wrote:
If someone could confirm the deadline on the SS holds, that would be great.
Erik in the first post O:-

There's a little over 2 weeks time left to get CaravelNet with all released Smitemaster's Selections.
04-14-2006 at 07:25 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
coppro
Rank Points: 1308
icon Re: One More Piece of News. (0)  
The deadline is April 30, as said in the first part of this news article.
04-14-2006 at 02:02 PM
View Profile Show all user's posts Quote Reply
NiroZ
Rank Points: 1302
ErikH2000 wrote:
If you become a CaravelNet member before May 1st, then you will receive the following CaravelNet-exclusive holds
-Erik

Oh, and Syntax, the membership is 12 bucks USD, and that is the only thing that is changing.
04-16-2006 at 03:38 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
jmpava
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 41
Heh, quite an endorsement, Syntax. :lol

But yes, I already had seen that message at the top of this thread - In fact, that was the primary reason for me going ahead and finally actually activating the account. And seeing that the trial version didn't include them, I went ahead and purchased the full account anyway.

So if that was the intent for doing this in the first place, at least it worked on me :->

Right, I'll stop spamming the news forum now.

04-17-2006 at 12:29 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Syntax
Rank Points: 1218
icon Re: One More Piece of News. (+3)  
Yes... I guess that was my intent.

But this was only reasoned with the forepredicted hindsight that, upon looking back on this day, you shall realise that through purchasing the full membership, you did *the right thing*

My recommendation now though is to surround yourself by very supportive people. The next few months could cause serious backlashes, such as loss of job, home and friends.

Bethro will always be there, that's true, but occasionally the people who tend to walk past the window on the side of your house have better scripting. For one, there's actual AI interaction... I went to the shop today. The shopkeeper spoke to me, and replied with contextually precise sentences.

I was impressed.

Obviously, dealing with those brought added complexity which I don't think is necessary to a tile based world. No wonder children are told not to step on the cracks... they're *boundaries*, not valid moves.

The other great thing about DROD is the atmospheric graphics. On the way to the shop, I saw shadows from trees and the such. Did it bring anything new conceptually? No... it was overkill.

Though I must admit that the outdoor resolution was pretty high, it was uneccesary. As were the textures. Must have been ray-traced...

DROD and Caravel.Net have got all (and everything) that's required, and necessary... Full stop.

:)
04-17-2006 at 01:16 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
jamie
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 365
Syntax wrote:

the value for money is by far the most ridiculously unmarketable price I can think of. 250 GBPs? That's more like it.

I'm almost at the point where I would say that I'd pay for the subscription, and you pay me in 3 months if you find it, as I predict, the best addition to any (and especially this) game ever conceived. As it stands however, I know you will so it's unnecessary for the extra step.

YOU ARE DANFORTH STROUT AND I CLAIM MY 5 POUNDS.

[Last edited by jamie at 04-17-2006 01:53 AM]
04-17-2006 at 01:52 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
VodkaAndCoke
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 26
Having only just got round to reading my beloved's post....felt I had to put my bit in.

Not only has he introduced me to an absolutely great game but also insisted on getting me a caravelnet account and am seriously loving everything about it.

Access to the SS holds (which needed to be explained to me) has been great and I think anyone interested in DROD (by interested I mean has played it and is now a fanatic) should have access to all previous holds. SO SO Worth doing!!!!!

JOIN NOW!!! (but not if you have to fight over who owns the computer....we were happy before now lol!!)
04-17-2006 at 10:52 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
karcher
Rank Points: 22
Another tech support type question I'm afraid. I've just purcased a full Caravel Net subscription, and its still April, but the only SS hold that became avaliable to me in the in game downloads was KDD2 (which incidently I purchased separately earlier anyway). Does anyone know why the other SS holds aren't appearing?
04-18-2006 at 01:16 AM
Schik
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5381
karcher wrote:
Another tech support type question I'm afraid. I've just purcased a full Caravel Net subscription, and its still April, but the only SS hold that became avaliable to me in the in game downloads was KDD2 (which incidently I purchased separately earlier anyway). Does anyone know why the other SS holds aren't appearing?
Hey karcher,

We had a technical problem on our side of things. I've fixed your account, you should be able to download all of the holds now. Sorry about that!

04-18-2006 at 02:00 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
karcher
Rank Points: 22
OK cheers. Thanks for that, and thanks for an awesome game! Im truning into quite the addict...
04-18-2006 at 03:16 AM
pawjlf
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 11
icon Re: One More Piece of News. (0)  
karcher wrote:
I'm having the same problem - I can get the newer SS holds but not the old ones. Help?

04-22-2006 at 01:22 AM
Schik
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5381
pawjlf wrote:
karcher wrote:
I'm having the same problem - I can get the newer SS holds but not the old ones. Help?
It should be fixed now. Sorry about that.

04-22-2006 at 01:55 AM
pawjlf
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 11
All fixed.
Thanks!
04-22-2006 at 03:38 AM
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Illumination : One More Piece of News. (A rare addendum to the April Illumination.)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com