Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Beethro and the Secret Society : The King's Hidden Labyrinth : 1 South, 1 West
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
Mikko
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 276
IP: Logged
icon Beethro and the Secret Society : The King's Hidden Labyrinth : 1 South, 1 West (0)  
I can kill all the eyes except the one furthest to the east. There doesn't seem to be enough decoys to lure that one out. Could someone help me? Without explicit spoilers, please, if possible.
03-20-2006 at 03:55 PM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
stigant
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1182
icon Re: Beethro and the Secret Society : The King's Hidden Labyrinth : 1 South, 1 West (+2)  
There's another eye that you can lure at the same time (with the same decoy) as the one farthest east.

Click here to view the secret text

[Last edited by stigant at 03-20-2006 03:59 PM]
03-20-2006 at 03:58 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Mikko
Rank Points: 276
icon Re: Beethro and the Secret Society : The King's Hidden Labyrinth : 1 South, 1 West (0)  
Oh, I see I had a completely wrong approach for this.

03-20-2006 at 04:20 PM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
coppro
Rank Points: 1308
icon Re: Beethro and the Secret Society : The King's Hidden Labyrinth : 1 South, 1 West (0)  
I'm sorry, but I don't get this at all. How do I keep the eyes from getting stuck?
04-22-2006 at 01:53 AM
View Profile Show all user's posts Quote Reply
coppro
Rank Points: 1308
Need I say it? Law of H&S!
04-22-2006 at 01:53 AM
View Profile Show all user's posts Quote Reply
jemann
Rank Points: 160
Mikko wrote:
Oh, I see I had a completely wrong approach for this.
You and me both. It's certainly a novel use of decoys.
10-13-2006 at 12:34 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
JLE
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 46
Completely stuck in this room. To wake up, the eyes must see something in their line of sight to the north: and then to not go north onto the arrows, the eye (having woken up) must see a closer decoy that is luring it in a non-north direction.

Which means the only place I can put the decoys to attract an awakened eye is in the inaccessible southern corridor...

And then they STAY attracting the eyes. I can't actually destroy the last decoy in that corridor, and make the eyes follow *me*.

Except by getting round to the north of them and getting closer in, which means they go on to the arrows.
03-14-2017 at 03:12 AM
Movac
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 24
icon Re: Beethro and the Secret Society : The King's Hidden Labyrinth : 1 South, 1 West (+1)  
Decoy attraction has a limited range, which you can see as a darkened area around the decoy while placing it.

03-14-2017 at 05:17 AM
JLE
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 46
Yay! Thanks - got it.
03-15-2017 at 01:12 AM
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Beethro and the Secret Society : The King's Hidden Labyrinth : 1 South, 1 West
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com