Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : zero-move high score? (bdwing finished a level in 0 moves?)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Chris
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 144
IP: Logged
icon zero-move high score? (+1)  
This shows a 0-move high score:
[Schik edit: I removed the picture.]
Surely some mistake?

[Last edited by Schik at 05-10-2006 05:37 AM]
03-18-2006 at 04:06 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Pinnacle
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1126
icon Re: zero-move high score? (0)  
The spider should get to it soon.
0-move scores happen, but they are deleted by the spider.
You can't see it, but you can't smite it either :)

EDIT: December 2005?
That's unusual. You'd think it would be deleted by now.
I see your point.

[Last edited by Pinnacle at 03-18-2006 04:37 PM]
03-18-2006 at 04:35 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Syntax
Rank Points: 1218
Well bdwing is obviously an excellent player!

Just because you can't beat him, doesn't mean you should consider it a bug. It's just very... erm... optimised.

All you need to do is work out how to complete the room without entering it but (more importantly) complete it without entering from the *furthest* away. That should no doubt give you a better score...

;)
03-18-2006 at 05:01 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Chaco
Rank Points: 3623
icon Re: zero-move high score? (+2)  
Maybe there's a bomb with a fuse in the adjacent room? :)

03-18-2006 at 11:10 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Chris
icon Re: zero-move high score? (+1)  
The demo is still there, in first place, showing "0 moves".

I downloaded the demo, and it really takes 324 moves. It's a legal recording, so the spider doesn't delete it, but somehow caravelnet thinks it's 0 moves, not 324.
03-21-2006 at 11:29 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Tahnan
Rank Points: 2459
OK, so, zero-move high scores happen; I've come to terms with that.

What I don't understand is how I got credited with two zero-move scores. And how they're from yesterday, and for "Perfection", a hold I haven't looked at for a few weeks. And for L4-2S, which I completed on 4/23, and haven't returned to.
05-09-2006 at 07:44 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
eytanz
Rank Points: 2708
I get 0-move demos every once in a while when playing. They don't normally seem to go away on their own, I have to get a new demo for the same room by replaying from the start.

05-09-2006 at 01:21 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Syntax
Rank Points: 1218
eytanz wrote:
I get 0-move demos every once in a while when playing. They don't normally seem to go away on their own, I have to get a new demo for the same room by replaying from the start.
Second that... I wonder how many points a 0-move room is worth however. Might keep hold of them ;)
05-09-2006 at 02:04 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Tahnan
Rank Points: 2459
eytanz wrote:

In this case, though, I didn't get it for a room I had just finished. And, perhaps even more strangely, my 6th-place, 816-move score is still listed.
05-09-2006 at 08:13 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Schik
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5381
icon Re: zero-move high score? (+1)  
I'm looking into this. I'm not sure why it's happening, so I've put some logging in specific to this problem. It will probably take a few iterations of adding more logging before I figure out what's happening.

05-10-2006 at 05:49 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
mrimer
Rank Points: 5056
0-move scores happen, but they are deleted by the spider.
Schik wrote:
I'm looking into this. I'm not sure why it's happening, so I've put some logging in specific to this problem. It will probably take a few iterations of adding more logging before I figure out what's happening.
Just in case, I've added a guard into the 2.0.15 game code to never upload 0-move demos.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
07-25-2006 at 09:38 PM
Chris
mrimer wrote:
Just in case, I've added a guard into the 2.0.15 game code to never upload 0-move demos.
I don't think that is enough to stop the problem happening again. The 0-move score I saw listed was really not 0-moves at all, it was several hundred moves. Caravelnet just listed it as being 0 moves.
07-25-2006 at 10:15 PM
mrimer
Rank Points: 5056
Chris wrote:
mrimer wrote:
I don't think that is enough to stop the problem happening again. The 0-move score I saw listed was really not 0-moves at all, it was several hundred moves. Caravelnet just listed it as being 0 moves.
Yeah, I know. At least this will ensure isolating the problem to a single source.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
07-25-2006 at 10:28 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : zero-move high score? (bdwing finished a level in 0 moves?)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com