Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Beethro and the Secret Society : The King's Hidden Labyrinth : 1 North
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
talund
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 95
IP: Logged
icon Beethro and the Secret Society : The King's Hidden Labyrinth : 1 North (0)  
I am finally in position to clear this room but am stuck trying to drop the traps. I seem never to be able to get the mimic into position to drop the middle square of traps in the lower trap maze. I have tried a number of routes but, without fail, if I get halfway through the upper portion with Beethro, I have managed to miss the middle square with the mimic.

Unless there is an easy hint that will set me on the right path, I imagine what I need is a demo.
03-17-2006 at 06:43 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
michthro
Level: Smitemaestro
Rank Points: 679
icon Re: Beethro and the Secret Society : The King's Hidden Labyrinth : 1 North (0)  
I'm not sure what you mean by the middle square of traps, but if I understand correctly,
Click here to view the secret text

03-17-2006 at 06:56 PM
stigant
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1182
icon Re: Beethro and the Secret Society : The King's Hidden Labyrinth : 1 North (0)  
I'm stuck in the same place. When I get to the checkpoint (2), my mimic is always at 1.

I can get the mimic to 3 while clearing the SW section, but then I'm trapped in the orb room and have to move E.

03-17-2006 at 06:56 PM
talund
Stigant has captured my dilemma precisely.
03-17-2006 at 07:19 PM
stigant
Rank Points: 1182
icon Re: Beethro and the Secret Society : The King's Hidden Labyrinth : 1 North (+1)  
Ah, I finally got it. The mimic should be at 1 when beethro is at 2. Work on what michthro said. There's a way through the SW area without advancing the mimic past the valley.

03-17-2006 at 07:35 PM
talund
icon Re: Beethro and the Secret Society : The King's Hidden Labyrinth : 1 North (+1)  
Finally got it. Now the mud is killing me. I've tried to let it grow to help me but that hasn't worked so far. I've also tried taking the babies on without any growth and keep dying....

As usual, post then figure it out....

[Last edited by talund at 03-17-2006 11:09 PM]
03-17-2006 at 09:37 PM
robin
Rank Points: 842
stigant wrote:
I'm stuck in the same place. When I get to the checkpoint (2), my mimic is always at 1.

I can get the mimic to 3 while clearing the SW section, but then I'm trapped in the orb room and have to move E.

I can get the mimic one square south of 3, and then Beethro is on the first arrow. so I'm stuck :~(

[Last edited by robin at 03-20-2006 07:37 PM]
03-20-2006 at 07:36 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Briareos
Rank Points: 3516
robin wrote:
I can get the mimic one square south of 3, and then Beethro is on the first arrow. so I'm stuck :~(

np: Metamatics - 4am On Spectra Canal (3 Jak And Dive (Disc 2))

03-20-2006 at 08:19 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
talund
You are moving the mimic too fast. Check out Stigant's post about positioning when you bring Beethro to the arrows.
03-20-2006 at 08:21 PM
Ezlo
Rank Points: 1214

Okay, I promise this will be the last hint I ask for today! Promise. I just want to finish a Jacob hold so much it's killing me!

I can get a bit farther than most. I can get from Beethro one point one and the mimic on point two to Beethro on three and mimic on four. Any hints on how to continue and/or where I went wrong?
05-12-2006 at 10:58 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Tuttle
Rank Points: 1545
Now you're moving the mimic too slow. :) When Beethro was on three, I had the mimic here:

[Last edited by Tuttle at 05-13-2006 04:24 AM]
05-13-2006 at 04:22 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Ezlo
Rank Points: 1214
Thank you.
05-13-2006 at 12:23 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
techant
Rank Points: 854
While I wait for a new contest to start, I thought I would try a hold, but now I am stuck.

I figure that I have to go through this room and double back on myself like in most of the rooms here, but I can't figure out how to get through the first time. I have only found a way to get in by the lower right corner, from the entrance and I have finished most of the rooms.

I have tried two things:
1. First using both the mimics I tried to access the lower buttons, marked as #1. I also skipped setting off the fuse until I got through. I got stuck because after striking the orb to leave what is at #4, I couldn't get to the orbs.

2. So Second, I tried using one mimic to open the gates by the blue tar and the second orb to walk the upper tiles and get to the buttons. I got the to the orb and dropped all the tiles and set off the bombs but that last section of tar is not possible to break, so this can't be the way either. I am still locked in.

Image:

If anyone sees this and can give me hints or outright directions Please Do, thanks.

[Last edited by techant at 01-15-2010 05:18 AM]
01-15-2010 at 05:16 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Briareos
Rank Points: 3516
IIRC...

[Last edited by Briareos at 01-15-2010 02:42 PM : Compass directions need further study yo...]
01-15-2010 at 09:19 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
techant
Rank Points: 854
Thank you I will try it. I had forgotten about that trick.

01-15-2010 at 10:17 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
JoMax
Rank Points: 65
Having same problem as talund.

Cannot clear mud babies.

Don't think there is sufficient space between orb and doors to let mud grow around E doors.

Managed to kill 2 babies ...

Think I've tried striking orb from every direction and stepping off in every subsequent direction

Even tried getting babies close to bombs but cannot do that either...

11-04-2014 at 01:42 AM
Tuttle
Rank Points: 1545
icon Re: Beethro and the Secret Society : The King's Hidden Labyrinth : 1 North (+2)  

11-04-2014 at 02:28 AM
cinera
Rank Points: 34
Hello!!! This is my 3rd round in this room. And I am having problems. By the time I have the mimic at (11,27) I always have Beethro on the arrows ex (12,17). Then I cant have the mimic turn left. Somewhere along the way I am sure I am doing something wrong. But what is it?? Please help
Thks
Cinera

[Last edited by cinera at 07-31-2016 05:57 AM]
07-31-2016 at 04:13 AM
cinera
I am still stucked.Have tried everyway,but mimic always get stucked at (11,27) or (11.28) and no way to turn. Any Hint somebody??
08-01-2016 at 03:18 AM
cinera
I am still stucked.Have tried everyway,but mimic always get stucked at (11,27) or (11.28) and no way to turn. Any Hint somebody??
08-01-2016 at 03:27 AM
cinera
What is it I am missing??
08-01-2016 at 04:28 AM
cinera
I finally figured out
08-01-2016 at 04:57 AM
JLE
Rank Points: 46
Are you supposed to be able to achieve anything at all if you enter this room from the south?
03-13-2017 at 06:30 AM
Dragon Fogel
Rank Points: 2434

03-13-2017 at 07:32 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Beethro and the Secret Society : The King's Hidden Labyrinth : 1 North
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com