Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Journey to Rooted Hold : Tenth Level : 2 East
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
wiseoldman
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 50
IP: Logged
icon Journey to Rooted Hold : Tenth Level : 2 East (0)  
Whoa!!! I cleared this room of all tar but when I came back in the tab, with the exception of the babies in the squares, was back. What's the deal? Do you have to clear the room each time you come back? Odd to say the least :fun
03-16-2006 at 07:23 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Ezlo
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1214
icon Re: Journey to Rooted Hold : Tenth Level : 2 East (0)  
That's the idea. Just like Trapdoors and Wubbas, Tar isn't considered a monster, and will respawn no matter what. It is quite annoying.

[Last edited by Ezlo at 03-16-2006 07:58 PM]
03-16-2006 at 07:57 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Unbathed
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
Yeah, this is a bore. I remember during the demo level the scroll that said, in effect, if the room looked like a lot of dull junk, there would be a shortcut. Well, a shortcut would help here.
09-10-2006 at 03:08 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Chaco
Rank Points: 3624
icon Re: Journey to Rooted Hold : Tenth Level : 2 East (+1)  
Yes, there is a shortcut ;)

You don't have to clear all tar multiple times - just once, to get out of the box. You can go around the perimeter of the box if you'd like to solve the other rooms.

09-10-2006 at 02:31 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
Well, if it is the first time through the room, then there isn't a shortcut. But the room does serve a purpose in teaching you how to recognize when tar has been cut in such a way as to make it impossible to remove any further or not, which will be used again occasionally in the hold (but especially on this level).

The first two sections shouldn't be too hard, but the last one can be tricky. So my suggestion is to use the checkpoints wisely. Make sure you step on the first one after you clear the first two sections. Then step on the second one as you are confident you are clearing the third one well. If you aren't sure what to do, step on the checkpoint and do something, then see how it turned out. You can always restore back to the original checkpoint and save yourself some time instead of starting the whole room over.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
09-10-2006 at 03:43 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
disoriented
Rank Points: 2383
Just to be clear, the challenge scroll here is not for clearing the room; it's for clearing all tar without sword turning.

Best to PM me, since I might miss your message on CaravelNet chat.
02-09-2015 at 07:50 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
tempestadept
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 141
icon Re: Journey to Rooted Hold : Tenth Level : 2 East (+1)  
Though it's quite possible to clear all the room without turning.
02-09-2015 at 10:49 AM
Omegha
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 11
It seems you have to clear the room AND tar simultanously to complete challenge. I've completed room, exited it, then came back and clearedd tar without monsters. Challenge didn't popup in neither cases.
01-09-2017 at 03:34 PM
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Journey to Rooted Hold : Tenth Level : 2 East
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com