Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Modding up my own posts (I thought this was impossible?)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Chalks
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 267
IP: Logged

File: modding.jpg (35.2 KB)
Downloaded 102 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Modding up my own posts (+1)  
So, wasn't it made so that no one could mod up their own posts? I created a poll in the anything board and after I made it, this showed up on my screen (see attached pic).

I didn't click on the "good" button, but I was tempted to. ;)

My point is, is this a bug?

edit: whoopsy, forgot to attach the file.

[Last edited by Chalks at 03-15-2006 04:17 AM]
03-15-2006 at 04:09 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Schik
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5413
icon Re: Modding up my own posts (0)  
Yeah, it's a bug... not sure why it happens. Did this just show up once, or is it still there? If it's there, go ahead and try clicking Good, see what happens.

Edit: Another good question is what is that grey bar between the votes and the posts? I don't see that in IE or Firefox.

[Last edited by Schik at 03-15-2006 01:31 PM]
03-15-2006 at 01:30 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Chalks
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 267
icon Re: Modding up my own posts (+1)  
uh, I don't know why the grey bar is there. I may have accidently copy/pasted it wrong. Regardless, I tried to mod it up... and it worked!

here's the thread in question (modded up by me): http://forum.caravelgames.com/viewtopic.php?TopicID=9577
I also modded this thread down 1 point. ;) http://forum.caravelgames.com/viewtopic.php?TopicID=9604

The second thread I list here I was just testing. I wanted to delete it after I finished seeing if I could reproduce the bug. I could. But, once I had modded it, trying to edit it results in "ERROR! you do not have permission to modify this thread" :huh

edit: oh, I remember why the grey bar is there. That's what it looks like before I cast my vote.

edit3ish: Hmm, looking at the thread creator of those two threads they are created by "chalks". Every other thread I've ever made is listed as being created by "Chalks". I have my computer set to automaticly log me in whenever I visit the forum.

[Last edited by Chalks at 03-15-2006 11:41 PM]
03-15-2006 at 11:31 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Schik
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5413
icon Re: Modding up my own posts (+1)  
Aw man, I saw your post in email and didn't see the edits until just now. I also discovered the "chalks" thing, and yeah, that's what caused it. I'm not exactly sure how... I created a poll and it came up as by "Schik", not "schik".

Regardless, I at least fixed it so that the case doesn't matter for moderating.

03-16-2006 at 03:01 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Modding up my own posts (I thought this was impossible?)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com