Announcement: To see an overview of all the holds in this forum, see this page. You cannot directly add your hold by attaching it here - you must get your hold approved by Hold Administrators. Check this thread for details.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : Beethro and the Secret Society (Winter 2005/6 Smitemasters Selection)
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Your Rating
Average User Rating
Difficulty:
Overall:

8.7/10 (42 votes)
σ 1.68
Author Name:Jacob Grinfeld
Submitted By:Jacob
Hold Name:Beethro and the Secret Society
Theme:Winter 2005/6 Smitemasters Selection
Author's Difficulty:
Number of Levels:8
Number of Rooms:73
Number of Monsters:702
Version:DROD: Journey to Rooted Hold
High Scores:View High Scores
Hold Karma:112 (+112 / -0)
Poster Message
Tahnan
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2459
IP: Logged
icon Re: Beethro and the Secret Society (0)  
Hmmm. So I've finished this hold (at long last!), conquered everything, gone Beyond the Master Wall. Enjoyed it thoroughly.

What I wonder is this: I've apparently only explored 91% of The Entrance Hall, 85% of The Rebellion, and 94% of The King's Secret Labyrinth. Is there an inaccessible (but non-secret) room in each of these levels, or is there some way to get to them that I've missed?
10-30-2006 at 12:59 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
NiroZ
Rank Points: 1302
icon Re: Beethro and the Secret Society (+1)  
Tahnan wrote:
Hmmm. So I've finished this hold (at long last!), conquered everything, gone Beyond the Master Wall. Enjoyed it thoroughly.

What I wonder is this: I've apparently only explored 91% of The Entrance Hall, 85% of The Rebellion, and 94% of The King's Secret Labyrinth. Is there an inaccessible (but non-secret) room in each of these levels, or is there some way to get to them that I've missed?
They're secret rooms in very sneaky places.
Click here to view the secret text

[Last edited by NiroZ at 10-30-2006 01:12 AM]
10-30-2006 at 01:12 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Tahnan
Sneaky doesn't do it justice. I wouldn't mind a PM offering help on this; I can't even imagine where there's another room in The Entrance Halls.
10-30-2006 at 04:21 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
eytanz
Rank Points: 2708
Tahnan wrote:
Sneaky doesn't do it justice. I wouldn't mind a PM offering help on this; I can't even imagine where there's another room in The Entrance Halls.

10-30-2006 at 04:24 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
coppro
Rank Points: 1308
In fact, I don't see any that are unrequired, except the northernmost two (which have no monsters) How'd you manage that?
10-30-2006 at 04:25 AM
View Profile Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Tahnan
coppro wrote:
In fact, I don't see any that are unrequired, except the northernmost two (which have no monsters) How'd you manage that?

That's...a really good question. But I didn't make up the number; I definitely saw it at 91%. (Now it's back to 100% again. So I can't even really tell how it happened.)

Even so, I still wouldn't mind a PM on the other two. :-)
10-30-2006 at 04:48 AM
NiroZ
which other two exactly?
10-30-2006 at 07:04 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Tahnan
NiroZ wrote:
which other two exactly?

The Rebellion; and The King's Hidden Labyrinth. Both seem to have a non-secret, non-required room that I haven't managed to find.
10-30-2006 at 07:06 AM
NiroZ
Tahnan wrote:
NiroZ wrote:
which other two exactly?

The Rebellion; and The King's Hidden Labyrinth. Both seem to have a non-secret, non-required room that I haven't managed to find.

Hmmm, are you sure it isn't a bug? Because there are no rooms in The Rebellion that are non required/non secret. Maybe you should check if you have completed 1N, and 1N2E.

As for the the King's Hidden Labyrinth, that's where the master door is, thus there are extra rooms.
10-30-2006 at 07:27 AM
Tahnan

File: secret-society.jpg (34 KB)
Downloaded 163 times.
License: Public Domain
NiroZ wrote:
As for the the King's Hidden Labyrinth, that's where the master door is, thus there are extra rooms.

No, seriously, I've finished the rooms past the master door. That's not it--well, unless there are more than
, but that's how many jbluestein found.

As for The Rebellion, well, here's a screenshot. The map shows seven rooms explored; the info says that this is 85%, with 0/0 secrets conquered. If there's another room, I can't find it, and if there's a bug, well, let me know so I can go report it.
10-30-2006 at 07:37 AM
NiroZ
Tahnan wrote:
NiroZ wrote:

No, seriously, I've finished the rooms past the master door. That's not it--well, unless there are more than
, but that's how many jbluestein found.

As for The Rebellion, well, here's a screenshot. The map shows seven rooms explored; the info says that this is 85%, with 0/0 secrets conquered. If there's another room, I can't find it, and if there's a bug, well, let me know so I can go report it.
Well if you've dropped the master doors, then I would say that its a bug.
10-30-2006 at 07:39 AM
Tahnan
NiroZ wrote:
Well if you've dropped the master doors, then I would say that its a bug.

It's not necessarily a bug, and the status of the master doors doesn't really tell me anything. There could be another room that simply isn't marked "required" or "secret"--much like, for instance, rooms beyond a master door. That room may not even be accessible from within the game (for instance, in Veere's dungeon, once you've been everywhere you can go, the status will say "Explored: 94%").

What I'm asking is, does anyone (a) know for a fact that there is another room (and if so, can they please, I beg them, tell me where, so I can rest easy tonight), or (b) know for a fact that there is not, i.e. either because they built this hold or because they see "100%" and not "85%" when they go to this level with the same seven rooms explored (and if so, can they please tell me where, so I can report the bug and rest easy tonight).
10-30-2006 at 07:48 AM
NiroZ
Well I know that there isn't any inaccessible, useless rooms, because I checked and it shows up as 100% for all of the levels.

I have also only found 7 rooms in 'The Rebellion', and 17 rooms in 'The kings hidden labyrinth' including the 2 behind master walls.
10-30-2006 at 08:05 AM
rillmena
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 11
where can I find this hold to download?
08-30-2011 at 09:41 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Jatopian
Rank Points: 1842
icon Re: Beethro and the Secret Society (+1)  
You must obtain a Smitemaster's Selection credit if you haven't (by purchasing, usually), then download it from the Purchases tab on your forum profile page.

08-30-2011 at 09:44 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
enzi666
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 162
icon Re: Beethro and the Secret Society (+3)  
What a fantastic hold! Not a single room was a stinker. Just great puzzles and then The King's Hidden Labyrinth came along. I think I have a new favourite level. The rooms with multiple re-entries were so fun to solve.

DROD AE: Finished - KDD2: Mastered
JTRH: Mastered
TCB: Mastered - RPG: Finished
GatEB: Mastered - TSS: Mastered
12-01-2022 at 01:50 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
bobkberg
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 20
Am I missing something? I can't seem to find the download link for this hold.

Note: I've been away from DROD for some time due to r/l interfering.

Thanks,

Bob
10-06-2023 at 05:29 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
NoahT
Rank Points: 1132
Did you already purchase the hold?

My stuff:

10-06-2023 at 05:30 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : Beethro and the Secret Society (Winter 2005/6 Smitemasters Selection)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com