Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Why Hello There! (Attempt by newbie to make friends)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
chowyunbrent
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 54
IP: Logged
icon Why Hello There! (+6)  
Hello everyone. I read about DROD in a monthly games magazine in Britain and decided to check it out. After playing both the demos of King Dungan's Dungeon and Rooted Hold and really enjoying them, I decided to buy the first game in full. Well I'm now on level 16 and am absolutely loving it. I have never played such an addictive and challenging game before and never one as superbly executed as this (and I play a lot of games). I can't wait to finish the dungeon (if i can) so I can get started on JtRH.

I also love the sense of community that there seems to be here and look forward to joining it.

So yeah thats it.. Hi!

-Dan

- www.myspace.com/wintermuteband
- www.myspace.com/ilovetheisles
03-10-2006 at 03:31 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Bombadil
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 509
icon Re: Why Hello There! (0)  
chowyunbrent wrote:
I also love the sense of community that there seems to be here and look forward to joining it.

You've already done it!

Welcome to the forums...
03-10-2006 at 07:34 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Ezlo
Rank Points: 1214
Nice to meet you!
03-10-2006 at 11:35 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Mattcrampy
Rank Points: 2388
Hi there! I guess our shady dealings in midnight alleys to get some column space paid off!

Good places to start are the 'Questionaire' and 'What Kind of Arnold Are You?' topics in the Anything board - they're good for letting us getting to know you and get you to be creative. Creativity is useful, because we tend to enjoy people who do nifty things a whole lot.

I have no idea why they still keep me around.

03-10-2006 at 11:36 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Alneyan
Rank Points: 622
icon Re: Why Hello There! (+1)  
Mattcrampy wrote:
I have no idea why they still keep me around.

Well, they don't want to unleash you on the world, so they keep you where you can do the least harm.

Be warned we don't like them noisy newbies. Back in my days, you could be *shot* for a minor offence. Now you have it easy, what with all those graphical whatchamacallit and whatnot. Men were men back then, and bad code was called just that, and not obscufated or some such. I sweated on them cursed punch cards, I can tell you!

Erh, okay, welcome aboard, and mind the ceiling.
03-10-2006 at 12:07 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5058
Hi, Dan! I'm glad you're enjoying the game! You're welcome to join in or contribute anything you like on the Forum as your DROD adventures continue :)

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
03-10-2006 at 03:49 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
ErikH2000
Rank Points: 2794
chowyunbrent wrote:
Hello everyone. I read about DROD in a monthly games magazine in Britain
I gotta know which magazine was it?

-Erik

03-10-2006 at 04:34 PM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
jamie
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 365
*Greetings from Wales* !

03-10-2006 at 10:33 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
chowyunbrent
ErikH2000 wrote:
I gotta know which magazine was it?

-Erik

It was a magazine called games(tm), it was mentioned in one of the regular collumns. I'll have to dig out the issue...

And thanks everyone for making me feel welcome. Right! I'm off to tackle that hold again...

-Dan

03-11-2006 at 04:59 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
ErikH2000
chowyunbrent wrote:
It was a magazine called games(tm), it was mentioned in one of the regular collumns. I'll have to dig out the issue...
Oh, cool. You mean Games magazine with "games" spelled in big red boxy letters on the cover? Which issue? I may try to locate a copy for myself and clip the mention since I've been a fan of the mag. (Although I really wish the middle section of pencil games hadn't grown so much.)

-Erik

03-11-2006 at 08:19 PM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
chowyunbrent
icon Re: Why Hello There! (+1)  
I think thats a different magazine. Games(tm) (the (tm) is part of the name) is a British mag, not sure if its exclusively British though. http://www.gamestm.co.uk/ Is that the same logo?

I'm still trying to find the issue... I'm sure I put it somewhere round here....

03-13-2006 at 06:25 PM
ErikH2000
chowyunbrent wrote:
I think thats a different magazine. Games(tm) (the (tm) is part of the name) is a British mag, not sure if its exclusively British though. http://www.gamestm.co.uk/ Is that the same logo?
No, I think it is a different publisher.

The "GAMES" magazine that is distributed in the US is published by the Kappa Publishing Group. The "games" magazine you have is apparently published by Imagine Publishing Limited. Unless one of the companies is a subsidiary of the other, they are probably only related by publishing a similarly-named magazine with similar content.

I'm still trying to find the issue... I'm sure I put it somewhere round here....

I don't want to make you root around too much. It looks like I won't be able to pick up a copy of the magazine easily. One thing is that if you see an e-mail address for the writer responsible for the mention or an editor, I would like to have it so I can send a quick "thank you" for the coverage. But if it is much trouble to find the mag, please don't worry about it.

-Erik

[Last edited by mrimer at 03-13-2006 07:16 PM]
03-13-2006 at 07:09 PM
bandit1200
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 290
ErikH2000 wrote:
The "games" magazine you have is apparently published by Imagine Publishing Limited. Unless one of the companies is a subsidiary of the other, they are probably only related by publishing a similarly-named magazine with similar content.
-Erik
From what I've just been reading, it seems GamesTM belonged to Highbury Publishing and went down the pan 2 or 3 months ago. It has just been resurrected by Imagine Publishing, with their first issue coming out near the end of February.
03-13-2006 at 08:05 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Why Hello There! (Attempt by newbie to make friends)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com