Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Always having to request a new key
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
FredTheYounger
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 11
IP: Logged
icon Always having to request a new key (+1)  
Folks:
Seems that every time I have to do some real work while playing DROD and, perhaps, minimize either DROD and/or the internet, when I get back I've lost connection between the two (I get the dreaded red-exed antenna). Only solution seems to be requesting a new key. Is this normal?
Admitedly, I haven't tested all possible permutations of getting the "X-ed out" antenna, but I do know it happens quite frequently and reloading or even rebooting doesn't fix it (only requesting a new key does). I fear that I'm over working the poor elves at Caravel.net by constantly asking them to cut new keys because some tyrol keeps doing something ignorant.
I'm willing to buy the elves an extra rum ration or two if I've caused them more work; if its endemic to the site, well, the elves and I will all go out for drinks dutch.
Thanks,
Sean

03-10-2006 at 12:01 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
ErikH2000
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2794
IP: Logged
icon Re: Always having to request a new key (+1)  
Fred, are you running version 2.0.12 (the latest)? Some fixes were made for related problems. You can see the version number in topright-hand corner of your main menu screen. If it is lower than 2.0.12, then you'll want to grab the 2.0.12 patch for your O/S and either KDD or JtRH at the download page.

-Erik

03-10-2006 at 12:05 AM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Always having to request a new key
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com