Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Development : 'Neather in user holds (as originally asked by yyw)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Pilchard VIII
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 392
IP: Logged
icon 'Neather in user holds (0)  
Hey hey hey. I was reading through some of the older posts and I came across a patch to get the 'neather into user holds. But It doesn't say how to work it. anyone got any ideas?

03-04-2006 at 01:27 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Doom
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3226
icon Re: 'Neather in user holds (0)  
I don't remember/know what's this patch you're talking about. Searched for it, but it doesn't seem that useful. If I understood it correctly, you wouldn't be able to use the Neather too freely with that fix.

Scripting is definitely the way to go. In DROD:JtRH, you can create your own Neather-like characters and make them do whatever you want quite easily.

[Last edited by Doom at 03-04-2006 01:43 PM]
03-04-2006 at 01:36 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Pilchard VIII
Do you have any ideas where I can either learn to do it or find a ready made patch or something cos I have no idea how the 'Neather acts.

03-04-2006 at 01:43 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Doom
Rank Points: 3226
icon Re: 'Neather in user holds (+1)  
Do you have any ideas where I can either learn to do it or find a ready made patch
I don't think there's one. I could be wrong, but there's not really need for one either.
I have no idea how the 'Neather acts.
This is because he's been scripted to act in a specific way in every room. This is hidden information and you'll just have to live with it.

If the problem is some of the rooms in KDD:L25 being too hard, you should try the Hints and Solutions board. Having Neather in the editor wouldn't help you with that.
03-04-2006 at 01:49 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Pilchard VIII
oh, no, no no. I was just curious, that's all. Thanks for your help.

03-04-2006 at 01:53 PM
Stefan
Rank Points: 2119
If you really, really want the 'Neather in your hold, you can easily get him if you have an editable copy of the original KDD (that is, if you've solved KDD). Just copy one of the rooms he's in to your own hold and move him around to where you want him. He won't be able to do anything though, he'll just stand there looking stupid.

03-04-2006 at 09:06 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Pinnacle
Rank Points: 1126
Stefan wrote:
If you really, really want the 'Neather in your hold, you can easily get him if you have an editable copy of the original KDD (that is, if you've solved KDD). Just copy one of the rooms he's in to your own hold and move him around to where you want him. He won't be able to do anything though, he'll just stand there looking stupid.
Like in Bad Evil Restaurant, for example. :P

03-05-2006 at 01:58 AM
Pilchard VIII
Pinnacle wrote:
Stefan wrote:
Like in Bad Evil Restaurant, for example. :P

Was the 'Neather in bad evil restaurant? I didn't know! Looks harder... Oh yeah, there he was!

[Last edited by Pilchard VIII at 03-11-2006 03:37 PM]
03-07-2006 at 01:40 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Development : 'Neather in user holds (as originally asked by yyw)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com