Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Journey to Rooted Hold : Sixth Level : 2 East (As stuck as I can get)
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
wiseoldman
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 50
IP: Logged

File: stuck in L6 3E.jpg (161.5 KB)
Downloaded 58 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Journey to Rooted Hold : Sixth Level : 2 East (0)  
I am really stuck in l6 2e. no matter how I move I can't seem to figure out a way to get around the 5th rock golems :weep

A bit of help would certainly be appreciated.
03-02-2006 at 12:49 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
dividendD
Rank Points: 44
icon Re: Journey to Rooted Hold : Sixth Level : 2 East (+1)  
From what I see, that trapdoor would be VERY handy........
03-02-2006 at 01:16 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
stigant
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1182
I think you let the 6th golem get too far up the n/s corridor. I think you need to restart the room.

03-02-2006 at 01:16 PM
wiseoldman
icon Re: Journey to Rooted Hold : Sixth Level : 2 East (0)  
stigant wrote:
I think you let the 6th golem get too far up the n/s corridor. I think you need to restart the room.

How do you not lure the 5th golem north on the n/s? The only way I can get around 2nd & 3rd requries me to pass over the n/s column enough times so 5th rises to the e/w corridor.
03-02-2006 at 07:54 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
wiseoldman
dividendD wrote:
From what I see, that trapdoor would be VERY handy........

I can use the trapdoor by me to kill 5th golem but then the evil slayer is just behind me and the 5th golem is now blocking the passage. So, what does one do in this case.

By the way, this is the first room I needed help with and, like others, it is driving me "nuts" :lol
03-02-2006 at 07:56 PM
wiseoldman

File: stuck in L6 3E still.jpg (92.9 KB)
Downloaded 53 times.
Please see the graphic to see where I get stuck, i.e. the 5th golem in the ns corridor will always get in the ew corridor.

Thank you.
03-02-2006 at 08:28 PM
stigant

You should be able to kill the first of the 2 golems without moving past 1.

Then, you should lure the second golem out by stepping on 2 once, then back East, and then back to 2 and then west. You'll only spend 2 turns on 2, so the troubling golem only moves up twice

[Last edited by stigant at 03-02-2006 08:38 PM]
03-02-2006 at 08:36 PM
wiseoldman
stigant wrote:

You should be able to kill the first of the 2 golems without moving past 1.

Then, you should lure the second golem out by stepping on 2 once, then back East, and then back to 2 and then west. You'll only spend 2 turns on 2, so the troubling golem only moves up twice

Sorry, but your graphic doesn't show. Only the standard error graphic. Can you please attach it or display it again? thank you.
03-02-2006 at 10:06 PM
stigant
Leave the room, exit JtRH and restart. Then make sure you have a connection to Caravel.net (to which you should have a subscription if you are this far in JtRH). Return here. You will see the image.

03-02-2006 at 11:21 PM
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
wiseoldman wrote:
Sorry, but your graphic doesn't show. Only the standard error graphic. Can you please attach it or display it again? thank you.
I see that you have the Trial version of CaravelNet, so if you are logged in you should be able to see the image. You need to have the "Connect to CaravelNet" option checked, and if you have never requested a key, you will need to enter your forum name and click on the Request New Key button, which will send a key to your e-mail address which you can copy and paste into the Settings screen. Then click on Upload My Scores for good measure, and the forum should be updated with your progress. This will enable you to see the proprietary images that are hidden to those who can't prove they bought the game. And then you can check out the other CaravelNet options, such as downloading user-made holds from in-game and viewing other people's demos after you've solved a room.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
03-02-2006 at 11:22 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
wiseoldman
Oneiromancer wrote:
wiseoldman wrote:
I see that you have the Trial version of CaravelNet, so if you are logged in you should be able to see the image. You need to have the "Connect to CaravelNet" option checked, and if you have never requested a key, you will need to enter your forum name and click on the Request New Key button, which will send a key to your e-mail address which you can copy and paste into the Settings screen. Then click on Upload My Scores for good measure, and the forum should be updated with your progress. This will enable you to see the proprietary images that are hidden to those who can't prove they bought the game. And then you can check out the other CaravelNet options, such as downloading user-made holds from in-game and viewing other people's demos after you've solved a room.

Game on,

Man! I feel like a real idiot :huh What is "caravelNet" and where is it? And what is the "Trial Version"? Do you mean the game itself? No, I have purchased the game but I requested that they cancel the CD version as it was just $13 extra. Saw no reason for that as the download version did just fine.

Perhaps I could see your graphic if you were to include it as a file rather than online in the forum.

I really hate to be a "pain in the butt" but I am sure you know how frustrating the game can be at times. And this is one of those times. There doesn't seem to be a way around 5th and 6th golems.
03-03-2006 at 12:56 AM
wiseoldman
Well, I did remember seeing a "key" in an email and found the email (fortunately I saved all the Drod emails). So, I signed in and changed the screen setting to use my name and the key I was given. Sadly, I still can't see your graphic.

I guess things are not too easy for a "wise old man" :lol
03-03-2006 at 01:01 AM
Oneiromancer

File: JtRH Sixth Level 2E Victory.demo (2.1 KB)
Downloaded 95 times.
icon Re: Journey to Rooted Hold : Sixth Level : 2 East (+2)  
You can find the CaravelNet FAQ here. You will probably need to click the Upload My Scores button on the Settings screen in order for the forum to recognize your progress. Note that the top name can be anything you want, but the CaravelNet name needs to be the forum one. If it works, then you will see a green checkmark in the antenna on the title page of the game. Sometimes you also need to quit the game and start it up again for the forum to recognize your in-game progress.

As for that room, it is difficult to explain without pictures. Just in case you aren't able to get the trial CaravelNet working, here is a demo. Download this to, for example, DROD - Journey to Rooted Hold/Data/Homemade, then in the game press F6 to bring up the demo screen. Click Import and navigate to this demo, then OK to import it. Then you can Watch it when you have the room for that demo selected.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
03-03-2006 at 01:10 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
wiseoldman
Thank you very much for the time and effort you put forward in making the demo. I see now what was required. It, like all things, is quite easy once you know the key.

I am trying to setup the forum so I can see the posts on the screen. Hopefully, this will work in the near future.

The game is very "thoughtful" in that one's mind must always be alert for possibilities. I am learning but, being a "wise old man", I see that I have much to learn.

Again, my thanks to you. I really appreciate your effort.

Dave :~(
03-03-2006 at 11:43 AM
Oneiromancer
Ah, it wasn't so much "time and effort" as checking the "Save victory demos" box on the Settings screen. ;) This makes it easy to go back and export a victory demo for every room I've ever beaten. Most of us on the board prefer to give written hints instead of demos, but some rooms are too hard to describe, especially without pictures.

Game on,

03-03-2006 at 02:32 PM
DarkFenix
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
Friends!
i'm not finishing this stupid level!
i really didn't know, how is it do.
please, send me a screen (or repeat from game) on my e-mail.
alex@stopgame.ru
sorry, but my english is bad, because i am from russia :(
please, help me. thanks.
03-19-2006 at 01:31 PM
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Journey to Rooted Hold : Sixth Level : 2 East (As stuck as I can get)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com