Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Possible bug - editing holds.
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
krammer
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 904
IP: Logged
icon Possible bug - editing holds. (0)  
Several problems here

1. Create a hold, with checkpoints in, and more than one room - the more you have the easier to reproduce it is - all with monsters in.

2. Play in normal mode (not testing), and step on checkpoints. DO NOT complete the hold.

3. Now edit the hold a bit, just changing one square will do.

4. Choose Restore (Choosing Continue will restart the hold).

If you edited the first room you have to restart the hold. If you edit a room which you hadn't completed, checkpoint saves have been abolished.

And any rooms you had conquered before the edit are shown as white on the map, but clicking on them still displays the previously selected room as the main screenshot.

Not sure how reproducable this last bit is, it may be my hold, but the rest is definitely reproducable. It requires a bit of messing around to see the full extent of the problems. I seem to recall in previous builds that editing rooms maintained mid-room saves - this no longer happens.

I think if this cannot be solved, then the first time you play a hold you have edited, you should get a message like "If you later edit this hold, some of your save games may be lost." This at leasts alerts the user and may stop them playing until the hold is finalised.

[Edited by krammer on 07-16-2003 at 03:07 PM GMT: Spleling mitsakes]

"Oook!"
07-16-2003 at 03:07 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Possible bug - editing holds.
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com