Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : AE Holds (when viewing rooms in hints/challenges)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
geomatrx
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 339
IP: Logged
icon AE Holds (0)  
If the hold was made in (and only in) DROD: AE, would it be possible to view the rooms images as they would appear in the DROD version (i.e. all nine styles and AE graphics).

Its just that the breakable walls are more obvious in JtRH when the holds are converted for display, and not how the architect had orignally designed (Palace theme for example).

g

MetDROiD Echoes
Deadly Gold Mine of Death (Architecture)
02-28-2006 at 10:15 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
eytanz
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2708
icon Re: AE Holds (0)  
Well, but the assumption is that most people will be playing the holds in JtRH (definitely that'd be Caravel's preference), so the hints & solutions match the normal players' experience. This seems a bit more important that the intention of the hold creator.

In general this will be an issue - it's already been confirmed that TCB will allow easier addition of custom styles. But obviously, the forum won't be set up to use them - if there's a hold which will be paired with a special style, the forum will never be able to match it. It's just something we'll have to live with.

[Last edited by eytanz at 02-28-2006 11:51 AM]
02-28-2006 at 11:50 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Schik
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5381
icon Re: AE Holds (+2)  
eytanz wrote:
In general this will be an issue - it's already been confirmed that TCB will allow easier addition of custom styles. But obviously, the forum won't be set up to use them - if there's a hold which will be paired with a special style, the forum will never be able to match it. It's just something we'll have to live with.
Obviously? Where did you hear this? As the one who will be updating the code to draw rooms, I fully plan on using any custom styles that a hold may use, as long as the styles are accessible.

02-28-2006 at 01:23 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
geomatrx
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 339
eytanz wrote:
Well, but the assumption is that most people will be playing the holds in JtRH...

In that case, will TCB styles replace JtRH styles when previewing rooms when released, and most users play that instead?

g

MetDROiD Echoes
Deadly Gold Mine of Death (Architecture)
02-28-2006 at 03:28 PM
Schik
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5381
geomatrx wrote:
will TCB styles replace JtRH styles when previewing rooms when released, and most users play that instead?
I can't say for sure at this time, but it's very possible.

02-28-2006 at 03:44 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Dali
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 174
Oh, talking about TCB: I would like to know how many different styles will have TCB.
03-01-2006 at 04:00 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Mattcrampy
Rank Points: 2388
As many as you want. TCB will have custom styles as standard. (I don't know how many will come with the game, but people are able to make new styles and have them downloaded for holds that use them.)

03-03-2006 at 07:24 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
coppro
Rank Points: 1308
And, supposedly, you can include them in your holds, so you have a very easy way to force people to look at the crap you drew! Methinks there will be an option to disable it somewheres.
03-03-2006 at 02:22 PM
View Profile Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Chaco
Rank Points: 3624
Will these styles be able to include custom music too?

03-05-2006 at 02:28 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : AE Holds (when viewing rooms in hints/challenges)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com