Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Yay!
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Zmann
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 241
IP: Logged
icon Yay! (0)  
Horray! I just beat Dugan's Dungeon today and I feel special. :glasses

I know, I know, I'm awesome.

Levels 24 and 25 were by far my favorites. The 'Neather is a clever little man. 'Neatherville is a cool level too. I like the layout. It doesn't make you feel trapped in the little rooms like the other levels do.

Well anywho, DROD is a great game, and I can't wait for things that will come from future development.

In a fight between Beethro and Batman, Beethro would definatly win.

Wow, I need some sleep.

:) :D :) :D :D :P :thumbsup: ;) :devil

[Edited by Zmann on 07-16-2003 at 04:02 AM]
07-16-2003 at 04:01 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
billbuckner
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 57
icon Re: Yay! (0)  
Zmann wrote:
'Neatherville is a cool level too.

Yes... DROD does cause insanity.
07-16-2003 at 01:01 PM
Malarame
Rank Points: 220
Zmann wrote:
In a fight between Beethro and Batman, Beethro would definatly win.
I don't know...Batman is the coolest superhero. And he has that nifty utility belt, whereas all Beethro has is a really big sword. Now, if it were a fight between Beethro and Superman, Beethro could eaily kick that pansy's butt.

PS I got your email and your name is now on the list :)

"I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception."
-Groucho Marx
07-16-2003 at 06:24 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
ErikH2000
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2794
icon Re: Re: Yay! (0)  
Malarame wrote:
I don't know...Batman is the coolest superhero. And he has that nifty utility belt, whereas all Beethro has is a really big sword.
Oh, come on! Beethro wins against anybody except maybe Neo from the Matrix because he can think as long as he wants before making his move. And one hit from his sword basically kills anything. Don't underestimate the power of a really big sword.

-Erik

07-16-2003 at 07:50 PM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
trick
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2580
icon Re: Re: Re: Yay! (0)  
ErikH2000 wrote:
Beethro wins against anybody except maybe Neo from the Matrix because he can think as long as he wants before making his move.
Well, Neo is still restriced by time (at least so far).. So, Beethro might be able to win against Neo :D

- Gerry

07-16-2003 at 11:20 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Zmann
Ya, Beethro is awesome.
07-17-2003 at 01:09 AM
Mattcrampy
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2388
I concur with the above - I did like level 25 - it was an incredibly different challenge to the rest of the game and great fun - except for that one room at the bottom right that I only got out of luck.

As mentioned elsewhere, go the song. The credits were cool too, and I dread to ask if one of those names was a joke name.

Neatherville was mainnly tiring. It was HARD. Really, really HARD. There were some cool rooms but a lot of it was annoying.

Which reminds me of a good challenge that's probably already been declared...

Matt

07-17-2003 at 09:17 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
eytanz
Rank Points: 2708
I loved 'neatherville. Except for the tar rooms - which I enjoyed, but didn't really fit in all that great with the rest of it - I think it had some of the coolest rooms in the game. And it's far easier than level 25.

07-17-2003 at 11:19 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Zmann
I don't know why, but it seems like I breezed through Level 24 and Level 25. I beat Level 24 and 25 in the same day. I guess since I could see the end coming it gave me the motivation to keep playing. And I'm with Eytanz, I loved 'Neatherville except for the tar. The funny thing is, I never used to like tar, but now that I beat the game, I find it fun, as long as there isn't walls underneath it.
07-17-2003 at 04:09 PM
Malarame
Rank Points: 220
icon Re: Re: Yay! (0)  
Zmann wrote:
I don't know why, but it seems like I breezed through Level 24 and Level 25. I beat Level 24 and 25 in the same day. I guess since I could see the end coming it gave me the motivation to keep playing. And I'm with Eytanz, I loved 'Neatherville except for the tar. The funny thing is, I never used to like tar, but now that I beat the game, I find it fun, as long as there isn't walls underneath it.
I didn't breeze through level 25, but I certainly breezed through 24. I beat all of 24 in one sitting. It was probably my favorite level, too. And, unlike some of the other people here, I thought the two tar rooms were done very well. I loved how you had to solve them together, almost. They were the only two rooms in the entire game that were connected like that. I'm working on a hold right now that has two rooms just like that.

"I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception."
-Groucho Marx
07-18-2003 at 04:59 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
eytanz
Rank Points: 2708
I agree that the tar rooms were great - they just don't really fit in with the rest of the theme of 'neatherville, which was rooms made up of lots of different features combined.

On the other hand, I don't think there was anywhere else the tar could be placed (except perhaps level 8 which was already too big and difficult for such an early level), so I'm glad they were there.

07-18-2003 at 05:10 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Hitchhiker
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 17
I envy you. I love DROD, but sometimes I just want to get a sword, throw Beethro out of the dungeon and do the business myself...then I think it all over and see that I feel better in front of the screen. :D

Way to go!

Favourite Level so far: The Labyrinth on Level 13.
07-18-2003 at 07:01 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Yay!
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com