Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : IGF Audience Award - Vote Wildlife!
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
ajschatz
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 29
IP: Logged
icon IGF Audience Award - Vote Wildlife! (+2)  
Friends, Delvers, Wubbas! If you would be so kind as to take your squishy little wubba fingers over to

this link

and vote in the Audience Award for the 2006 IGF, I would appreciate it greatly. And if you happen to find yourself clicking on Wildlife Tycoon: Venture Africa, I will throw you a party. With a pinata. Which I will fill with the cutest kittens you have ever seen so that when the pinata bursts open, there will be an outpouring of cuteness the likes of which you have never seen. Even from Katie Couric. She hates kittens.

Vote!

02-23-2006 at 09:16 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Maurog
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1501
icon Re: IGF Audience Award - Vote Wildlife! (0)  
Throwing us a link to vote for indie games is ok, but encouraging us to vote for your favorite one it not!
C'mon mate, you know better than that.

02-23-2006 at 12:58 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
eytanz
Rank Points: 2708
icon Re: IGF Audience Award - Vote Wildlife! (+1)  
It's not his favorite, it's the game he wrote. And he's being pretty tongue in cheek about it.

Personally, I haven't played wildlife tycoon (I don't like resource management games), nor, in fact any of the other games on the list except Prof. Fitzwizzle (which I think has great presentation and interface, but the gameplay isn't much above average), and Dad and Me (which is fun but really short while at the same time feeling rather repetitive), so I'm not going to vote at all.

Braid sounds really interesting. Shame there's no link for it at all.

02-23-2006 at 01:43 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
icon Re: IGF Audience Award - Vote Wildlife! (+2)  
Andy Schatz is a good guy, Maurog, and has posted here many times, and is a colleague of Erik's, so ease up on him a bit.

I already had a Gamespot Basic membership, so I went and voted for Wildlife Tycoon: Africa. I hope you win, Andy, but that's a big playing field there, and the competition will be fierce.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
02-23-2006 at 03:42 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
gamer_extreme_101
Rank Points: 1939
I think we owe him one anyways after the Player's Choice victory anyways. I'll sign up and vote in a bit.

I think this should be moved to the Anything board though.

02-23-2006 at 04:34 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
ErikH2000
Rank Points: 2794
I'm moving this to the "Electronic Games" board.

Feeling guilty that I haven't played Wildlife Tycoon yet.

-Erik

02-23-2006 at 05:22 PM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
trick
Rank Points: 2580
I'm still waiting for the Linux version :)

- Gerry
02-23-2006 at 05:40 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
ajschatz
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 29
Sorry bout putting it in the wrong category...

Yeah, I expect this one might be a bit tougher than the GameTunnel Player's Choice, but hey, it's worth a shot ;)

02-23-2006 at 08:16 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
gamer_extreme_101
Rank Points: 1939
Crap. Professor Fizzwizzle in in the poll too. This makes it a bit more difficult now.

02-23-2006 at 11:07 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Maurog
Rank Points: 1501
I enjoyed Rumble Box more than anybody should. There is something about this kind of mindless action games.

02-23-2006 at 11:40 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : IGF Audience Award - Vote Wildlife!
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com