Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Wonderquest : Help Needed Level 6 Forest of the Dead Exit
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
googa
Level: Moderator
Rank Points: 282
IP: Logged
icon Re: Help Needed Level 6 Forest of the Dead Exit (0)  
Strike the orb with Lucas from (21,7) before maneuvering the crate in the left chamber.
06-13-2006 at 12:11 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
coppro
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1308
:bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin :bangin

[Last edited by coppro at 06-13-2006 12:36 AM]
06-13-2006 at 12:34 AM
View Profile Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Kevin_P86
Rank Points: 535
LOL coppro

06-13-2006 at 05:22 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Ezlo
Rank Points: 1214
Okay, I can't even seem to get past the first diagonal. I think I need to push up one box and let the ball push another one up, but I can't do it.
06-19-2006 at 05:46 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Kevin_P86
Click here to view the secret text

As a side note, I am rather annoyed that I have to beat this room again after getting the new version of the game...! It's TOO HARD! :angry

06-19-2006 at 06:43 PM
googa
Ezlo wrote:
Okay, I can't even seem to get past the first diagonal. I think I need to push up one box and let the ball push another one up, but I can't do it.

Here are the steps for the first and second diagonal Ezlo:

06-19-2006 at 06:44 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
googa
Kevin_P86 wrote:
As a side note, I am rather annoyed that I have to beat this room again after getting the new version of the game...! It's TOO HARD! :angry

You don't need to. :huh

You just have to restore it.

[Last edited by googa at 06-19-2006 06:57 PM]
06-19-2006 at 06:52 PM
Kevin_P86
I purposely didn't save my progress - I wanted to do it again. Besides, I just completed it again, and am almost back to the point I was with the Beta version (which wasn't very far - I think I was on level 8) :)

06-19-2006 at 07:37 PM
Ezlo
Rank Points: 1214
Okay, thanks. Got it.

BTW, there Chen's back-end of the staff seems to be longer while faced diagonally.
06-19-2006 at 07:41 PM
zex20913
Rank Points: 1721
I'm going through this game, and it's pretty darn cool. It's one of the games that has been recently slowing my maniacal DROD optimising. But I digress from the topic at hand, which is the room talked about. And I must say that, yes, it is a devious room, and I get the feeling that it might dissuade some less...dedicated...people from continuing the game.

I am enjoying the ways that the different elements act together. However, I think the learning curve is insane at some points. For example, the first time we meet up with orange doors is in that room with the eyes, barrels, and crates (unless there's a secret room before then, or my memory is failing). That's a pretty tough room to have a new element thrown at you. The item description is alright, but maybe adding some sort of a "testing area", like an orange button/orange door combo in a nearby room, with little to no effect on puzzle.

I still enjoy this game, and I'm looking forward to the new characters I'll meet, but some of the things are devious. Which can be good...but maybe I'd stick the forest of the dead in a later level. Even though it's self-contained.

I'm rambling. Take what you want from this post. It's tough, yet beatable without the hints, and I haven't found any alternate solutions.

As a total side note--I'm glad there's no high scores here yet...otherwise I'd be tearing my hair out, because I'd do a challenging room and then find out that larrymurk did it 100 moves faster. :)

07-05-2006 at 12:50 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
googa
I'm going through this game, and it's pretty darn cool. It's one of the games that has been recently slowing my maniacal DROD optimising. But I digress from the topic at hand, which is the room talked about. And I must say that, yes, it is a devious room, and I get the feeling that it might dissuade some less...dedicated...people from continuing the game.

Thanks Zex.

I am enjoying the ways that the different elements act together. However, I think the learning curve is insane at some points. For example, the first time we meet up with orange doors is in that room with the eyes, barrels, and crates (unless there's a secret room before then, or my memory is failing). That's a pretty tough room to have a new element thrown at you. The item description is alright, but maybe adding some sort of a "testing area", like an orange button/orange door combo in a nearby room, with little to no effect on puzzle.

Yep, that lone orange PP in the middle of level 6 is a bit strange. I'll make a tutorial room to introduce it.
07-07-2006 at 12:57 AM
Urvile
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 12
I am enjoying this game a great deal and I have sent it to my co-worker who is now likewise hooked on it - so first off, great game!
But, I think that on the version that I have this (level 6 exit) room is broken. I have looked carefully through all the hints in this thread and the pictures that are here show a different room than the one in my game: the first two chambers are the same, but after going through the second diagonal it is different, there being no wide yellow gate, an extra fire where the posted pictures show a switch, and a different design at the end of the third diagonal.
I have gotten the crate to the center of the four arrows, and gotten Jax, but there is no way for me to go get the crate and come back up in time to keep the ball from burning up. It is also possible that I am making some fundamental mistake, but I don't think so.
Could someone please advise me on how I can pass this room and get on in this excellent game?
Thanks
11-17-2006 at 01:45 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
googa
This room has changed a bit through the development of the game:

This is the updated image.

You can use the other hints, because only a few elements were subtracted for the sake of simplicity.

Thanks.

[Last edited by googa at 11-17-2006 05:17 PM]
11-17-2006 at 05:17 PM
Urvile
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 12
I just wrote a long post explaining why nothing worked, and then I figured it out - luckily I hadn't posted it yet. I hadn't realized that

I feel stupid now, which is how it goes in most cases, once you figure it out.
Thanks for your reply, and thanks for this excellent game. I'm really looking forward to what's next.
11-18-2006 at 06:51 AM
googa
Thanks Urvile! Any problem, just post again.
11-18-2006 at 04:57 PM
RayneStormRN
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 17
i can't even figure out how to get pushed diagonally on this one once, much less twice, i don't see how to get the ball onto the arrow that will divert it so that it will push me, without getting smooshed against the crate............DUH!!!!! let it push the crate first, blonde moment.

[Last edited by RayneStormRN at 05-01-2008 10:59 PM]
05-01-2008 at 10:49 PM
Milarion
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 24
Maybe someday I'll have the opportunity to respond to a help request for which the 'post and it becomes obvious' trick doesn't work. In the meantime, congratulations on your progress!
05-01-2008 at 11:23 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Wonderquest : Help Needed Level 6 Forest of the Dead Exit
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com