Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Hints & solutions - Hold & Room Selection (A small thing)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Mouse
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 246
IP: Logged
icon Hints & solutions - Hold & Room Selection (0)  
If you select a Hold that has no rooms to view (such as The Fools Errand) whatever Hold you had selected before remains.

This is quite deceiving and potentially confusing.

I'd suggest changing it so that if a Hold has no viewable rooms a message such as "No rooms to select" displays instead.

And on a related note: how do you ask for a hint on a room that you can't select?

02-01-2006 at 10:54 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
icon Re: Hints & solutions - Hold & Room Selection (0)  
For a hold like The Fool's Errand, with such a devious trick to it, we wanted to keep it hidden from casual viewing that could spoil it. So the only people that can see the room images are those who have CaravelNet and have their progress uploaded so that the forum knows that they have already seen that room in-game. Or maybe this one is hidden to everybody; I can never remember.

In any case, you should be able to choose the room from the minimap, you just can't see the elements of the room in full detail. If not, use the regular Search function of the forum.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
02-01-2006 at 10:57 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
rowrow
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 432
icon Re: Hints & solutions - Hold & Room Selection (0)  
About the Fools errand.Spoiler:
Click here to view the secret text

02-04-2006 at 01:22 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Hints & solutions - Hold & Room Selection (A small thing)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com