Announcement: Why not try our official idea generator for inspiration when making puzzles?

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : New Hold: Ketchup and puppies.
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
zex20913
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1723
IP: Logged

File: KETCHUP AND PUPPIES.hold (1.4 KB)
Downloaded 440 times.
License: Other
icon New Hold: Ketchup and puppies. (+1)  
This is probably the easiest hold you will come across. I meant for it to be funny, and to give you guys a break from all of the hazards from the minds of all. So, without further ado, here's...ketchup and puppies. (Build 26)

07-14-2003 at 11:04 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
agaricus5
Rank Points: 1838
icon Re: New Hold: Ketchup and puppies. (0)  
:huh

What was that? :huh

:D

Edit: After having returned to this thread after nearly a year, I finally understand the true relationship between ketchup and puppies.

Therefore, the above no longer applies. :)

[Edited by agaricus5 at Local Time:09-26-2004 at 11:57 PM]

07-14-2003 at 11:06 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
StuartK
Rank Points: 564
zex20913 wrote:
This is probably the easiest hold you will come across. I meant for it to be funny, and to give you guys a break from all of the hazards from the minds of all. So, without further ado, here's...ketchup and puppies. (Build 26)

About the most unique hold yet :) Yup, unique.

Are you ready yet, to join my campaign for trapdoor squares to appear as red on the minimap?

Innovative solution to the ketchup=red problem BTW I might be forced to steal that :D

BTW Whoohoo! I are now a MASTER Delver. Note how I did not make a new post to proclaim this fact, Shick ;)

[Edited by StuartK on 07-15-2003 at 12:09 AM]
07-15-2003 at 01:01 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
zex20913
Rank Points: 1723
Ag, it was ketchup and puppies!

Stuart, did you also like how I implemented that newfangled "green ketchup" too?

07-15-2003 at 03:34 AM
lucretia
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 32
Brilliant. Those scrolls were such a surprise..I certainly wasn't expecting them to say that...
07-15-2003 at 12:59 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Zmann
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 241
Wow. That's just... wow.
07-17-2003 at 01:19 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
The_Lucky_Mutt
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 35
That was deep. The relationship you showed between katchup and puppies open up new areas in my mind. It freed my soul into a world I didn't think existed. This isn't some little hold about katchup and puppies, this is about the deeper meanings of life that are always out of reach. This is about the delacate dance kachup and puppies play as they expand through time into infinity and forevers alter the pattern of humanity.

-TLM

PS in case you were wondering, it's only because I'm at 38 hours without sleep.
08-13-2003 at 10:38 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Swivel
Rank Points: 236

File: KETCHUP AND PUPPIES 2-point-0.hold (3.9 KB)
Downloaded 115 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Re: New Hold: Ketchup and puppies. (+1)  
Ketchup and Puppies, like all holds, has been filled up with monsters. Seeding has been ruled out, because there were no monsters in the hold to begin with.

So who has been filling up the hold with monsters? You must bring down the Master Door to find out!

You can edit the hold once you master it.

Oh, yes: this is the paragon of the bringing up old topics.

[Last edited by Swivel at 12-12-2005 01:46 AM]
12-12-2005 at 01:45 AM
Swivel
NOTE:
This hold is not serious; I'm not releasing it.
But comments, if you have any, would be nice.
12-13-2005 at 05:21 PM
Tahnan
Rank Points: 2459
Swivel wrote:
NOTE:
This hold is not serious; I'm not releasing it.
But comments, if you have any, would be nice.

Actually, it's not at all a bad hold. Which, given that it's Ketchup and Puppies, is almost kind of a shame. :-)
12-13-2005 at 05:47 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Chaco
Rank Points: 3626
Literally. Ketchup. And puppies. And puppies and ketchup.

I'm kinda stuck on ketchup and puppies, however - I have to flee the roach, then I put my mimic at the upper left. I then can't get the mimic back up towards the middle snake without hitting a bomb, so I then have to defeat the ketchup bottle. But then I can't put the decoy in both the lower left and the middle.

Overall, I'd much prefer two decoys :)

EDIT:

Nevermind. I never knew you could kill serpents with ketchup. ;)

[Last edited by Chaco at 12-13-2005 10:20 PM]
12-13-2005 at 10:01 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Swivel
Chaco wrote:
I'm kinda stuck on ketchup and puppies, however - I have to flee the roach, then I put my mimic at the upper left. I then can't get the mimic back up towards the middle snake without hitting a bomb, so I then have to defeat the ketchup bottle. But then I can't put the decoy in both the lower left and the middle.
You know, sometimes I create rooms and solve them later. It's maddening. This one, though, has a complicatedly freaky sense of purpose.

Chaco: your solution, apparently, was different than mine. I just (TACTICAL SPOILER)
Click here to view the secret text

Yes, it is a little complicated.

Oh, and thanks for playing, too! :) The secret rooms are good too, maybe.

[Last edited by Swivel at 12-13-2005 10:48 PM : Typo, typo, on the wall... who is the worst typer of all?]
12-13-2005 at 10:41 PM
Chaco
Eyes don't wake up when monsters go in front of them. That eye was the problem, getting a mud baby out and in was a piece of cake. So I used the decoy potion at center and lured a mud baby into the ortho-square pen at lower-right.

You can also kill the eye-seep combination with the mimic early, though you still have to unlock the final snake cage to get at the eye and snake.

[Last edited by Chaco at 12-14-2005 01:35 AM]
12-14-2005 at 01:35 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Swivel
Wow, thanks Chaco!

Acutally, having the mimic kill the eye/seep was part of my original plan for the room, although it is tedious. I don't know whether I should keep the "alternate" solution or not.

Oddly enough, I planned to have poeple use the decoy to awaken the eye in order to lure it into the ortho snake cage. I didn't mean that the roach would wake up the eye, even if I seemed to state it that way.

Maybe having multiple solutions for the Entrance room is good.

This makes me wonder:
Should I actually release this hold as a "Hold" on the Holds board? I'm working on another more involved hold, but if I dress this one up enough, I might be able to release it.

I probably won't, anyhow.

-Swivel
12-14-2005 at 02:03 AM
bandit1200
Rank Points: 290
I enjoyed that room to, solving it in my usual inefficient way, but basically the same way as Chaco. I did spend some time restarting the room as I worked out which way to do it, so a checkpoint or two wouldn't go amiss.

This room is the type of puzzle I like, where I need to work out what order to perform a sequence of events, rather than having to work out which exact square I need to be stood on, and which way the sword must be pointing, 93 moves in front.

12-14-2005 at 08:00 AM
Chaco
Yeah, the lack of checkpoints for that one was irritating.

I figured I had to kill the snake and eye in one go.

So, yeah. I figured the plan was to unlock the black door, then kill the eye and the seep, then you could kill the other eye. But it was easier to use the mimic :)

Choices are good...

12-14-2005 at 09:01 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : New Hold: Ketchup and puppies.
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com