Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Challenges : The Eyeball 500 (KDD Level 5's most tedious room...)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Lardarse
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 56
IP: Logged
icon The Eyeball 500 (+1)  
C h a l l e n g e !
 King Dugan's Dungeon : Fifth Level : 1 North, 2 West 

Complete the room (and I mean in, all kills, and out) in 500 moves or less.

You can enter on any square, facing any direction.

Good luck!

LA
01-26-2006 at 08:18 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Doom
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3226
icon Re: The Eyeball 500 (+1)  
Just so you know, the high score for this room is 350 moves :)

Hmm... I just noticed that my 399-move demo still hasn't been uploaded to the high scores, even though I made that run over 6 months ago. :( I guess the upload your scores button isn't working as it should. I've definitely used it several times after last summer.
01-26-2006 at 08:30 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Lardarse
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 56
icon Re: The Eyeball 500 (0)  
Bummer. No I didn't know... :selftwak Where can I find this information?

But I did know that I wasted over 100 moves in my 649 move completion...

Is that 350 both in AND out?
01-26-2006 at 08:50 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
With CaravelNet your high scores are uploaded to the server and you can download the top ones in-game once you've completed a room. There is a high score list on the forum, reached via the link under the banner at the top. KDD2.0 is located here, although I'm not sure how much you can see without CaravelNet, since it is a Smitemaster's Selection hold and thus at least the secret rooms might be hidden from those who haven't reached that far in the game yet.

Is that 350 both in AND out?
The high scores are for a complete victory demo, so yes, that would be entering the room, conquering it, and then leaving.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams

[Last edited by Oneiromancer at 01-26-2006 08:56 PM]
01-26-2006 at 08:55 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Alneyan
Rank Points: 622
I wasn't sure about what you could see either; it appears you have no access to the list if you do not have a CaravelNet subscription. I'm none too sure about secret rooms, though it would make sense if those were hidden from view.
01-26-2006 at 09:41 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Tahnan
Rank Points: 2459
Well, that wasn't so hard. :-)
02-02-2006 at 05:19 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Banjooie
Rank Points: 1645
You know what would have made that room awkward? A red door at the very beginning.
02-02-2006 at 05:49 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Tahnan
Rank Points: 2459
Banjooie wrote:
You know what would have made that room awkward? A red door at the very beginning.

About halfway through the room, I suddenly said, "Oh, Jeebus, I didn't miss a red door, did I?" No, no, I didn't, but I too had realized that oh my gob a red door would make that harder.
02-02-2006 at 08:19 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Rabscuttle
Rank Points: 2460
icon Re: The Eyeball 500 (+1)  
*cough*
Hrmm.. if you don't have JtRH (or haven't yet visited the room in question) the picture won't show up. But I think you can guess what's there :)

The red door doesn't make it more awkward to solve - you can always play it safe and just step, kill wakened eyes, step, kill wakened eyes, etc. The red door does change the nature of speed-play though - the need to step on every trapdoor means you want to minimise the number of moves where you don't drop a trapdoor - i.e. sword swings and waiting. Check out michthro's awesome optimal no-waiting no-swinging demo of the JtRH room.

[Last edited by Rabscuttle at 02-02-2006 08:48 AM]
02-02-2006 at 08:46 AM
eytanz
Rank Points: 2708
As far as the original KDD room goes, a red door wouldn't make it more awkward, it would make it totally impossible. There's one trapdoor there that cannot be dropped without getting stuck (the one in the NE corner, the first time the corridor turns to face south).

[Last edited by eytanz at 02-02-2006 01:41 PM]
02-02-2006 at 01:39 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Chaco
Rank Points: 3624
I noticed that at one point when I decided to have a bit of fun with the room on my third pass through it. :?

02-02-2006 at 08:33 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Challenges : The Eyeball 500 (KDD Level 5's most tedious room...)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com