Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Forum Games : Mafia for DRODiacs (A structured game for once!)
<<6789
Page 10 of 12
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
stigant
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1182
IP: Logged
icon Re: Mafia for DRODiacs (0)  
Well, actually, I laid out my list of who I thought was a ww a couple of (in game) days ago: Chaco, Robobob and Andy101. So, on the strength of my first guess being correct (Chaco), and the fact that everybody else seemed to think Andy was a ww, I went along with the crowd.

So far, I've voted for both of the ww's that we've lynched. I've also voted for a number of the citizens that we've lynched, but only because I'm as in the dark as the rest of the citizens.

I'm inclined to vote for Robobob, but I'll listen to anybody else's argument first.

03-18-2006 at 02:44 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
coppro
Rank Points: 1308
Considering the meager amount of evidence we have to rely on these days, that's good enough for now. Still, you raise a little suspicion.

Unvote:stigant
03-18-2006 at 04:03 AM
View Profile Show all user's posts Quote Reply
RoboBob3000
Rank Points: 1978
Well, I'm not a wraithwing because I've been on vacation for a week, which is why I haven't posted or been on the "who's online" thing for a while. So there's that.

I guess I'll just throw it back at stigant, then.

Vote: stigant

03-19-2006 at 05:46 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
stigant
I'm not a wraithwing because I've been on vacation for a week, which is why I haven't posted or been on the "who's online" thing for a while.
You make a good point. Is your only reason for voting for me that I was going to vote for you?

03-20-2006 at 04:03 PM
RoboBob3000
Is anybody else going to vote ever? It would be awfully lame of us to let the game fizzle out this far in to it.

03-25-2006 at 06:51 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Ezlo
Rank Points: 1214
I was going to close the vote tomorrow. This time the highest vote will win. Sorry I did it wrong last time.
03-25-2006 at 08:09 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
stigant
Vote: Nillo

Because he hasn't posted in a while and that seems suspicious. I don't have any idea who the ww is. Its not me, I assure you.

03-25-2006 at 09:25 PM
Nillo
Rank Points: 548
I'm simply not posting because there isn't enough evidence. I was hoping that some discussion would arise, so I wouldn't have to vote randomly. But time is running out, so vote randomly I shall.

Vote: stigant

“Folks say that if you listen real close at the height of the full moon, when the wind is blowin' off Nantucket Sound from the nor' east and the dogs are howlin' for no earthly reason, you can hear the awful screams of the crew of the 'Ellie May,' a sturdy whaler Captained by John McTavish; for it was on just such a night when the rum was flowin' and, Davey Jones be damned, big John brought his men on deck for the first of several screaming contests.”
03-25-2006 at 10:23 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
krammer
Rank Points: 904
Well, we have another chance if it goes wrong, so Vote: stigant.

"Oook!"
03-26-2006 at 03:01 PM
stigant
I'm simply not posting because there isn't enough evidence. I was hoping that some discussion would arise, so I wouldn't have to vote randomly.

Well, you aren't making any effort towards that discussion. Some of us are here and have laid out our arguments. We're trying to get to the right answer. But we can't do it if nobody else talks.

Frankly, I don't care if you vote me off, but at least have some reason other than I'm pointing the finger at you. Otherwise next round (and there will be another round since I'm not the ww) you aren't going to be any closer to getting the right answer. And that's your last chance.

03-26-2006 at 06:25 PM
Nillo
Actually, you sound believable. But voting against you is the only logical choice here, because otherwise I'll get lynched instead, and that means 0% chance of getting a WW, as opposed to a small chance.

“Folks say that if you listen real close at the height of the full moon, when the wind is blowin' off Nantucket Sound from the nor' east and the dogs are howlin' for no earthly reason, you can hear the awful screams of the crew of the 'Ellie May,' a sturdy whaler Captained by John McTavish; for it was on just such a night when the rum was flowin' and, Davey Jones be damned, big John brought his men on deck for the first of several screaming contests.”
03-27-2006 at 08:54 AM
forrestfire
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 93
vote: Krammer

Krammer seems suspicious to me. Everyone else seems to be in the dark about who to vote on. Any reason not to vote for you, Krammer?

03-28-2006 at 02:19 AM
RoboBob3000
I think if forrest were the last WW, he would have swooped in and made the kill on stigant with vote #4. And I don't get the feeling he's using reverse psychology on us either.

Since Nillo has made it clear that he wants it to be anybody but him and stigant would probably be thrilled that people aren't going to vote him, I'll make the leap.

Unvote: stigant
Vote: krammer

I trust those other two to flop over now and make the majority.

03-28-2006 at 06:58 AM
Nillo
Sounds like a plan.

Unvote: stigant
Vote: krammer

03-28-2006 at 07:33 AM
krammer
forrest, I am as much in the dark as everyone else, I'm just making guesses in the hope we might actually get somewhere.

I am citizen, as it happens, and I also voted for the other WWs. I admit I was wrong about Andy, so sorry, but as now there were no leads.

Stigant has persuaded me too, perhaps wrongly, but Unvote for now.

Let's see, remaining players are:
Me
Stigant
Nillo
Coppro
forrestfire
Robobob3000
Swivel

Of these, stigant, Nillo and forrest seem unlikely. RoboBob makes a good point which he probably wouldn't if he was ww. That leaves coppro, who I thought unlikely earlier, and Swivel, who could be anything. So by process of elimination Vote: Swivel

"Oook!"
03-28-2006 at 10:04 AM
Nillo
I'll change my vote again, then. It might make me look suspicious, but it'll probably be night again soon, and I'd like to hear Swivel defend himself too.

Unvote: krammer
Vote: Swivel

03-28-2006 at 11:52 AM
Swivel
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 236
Nillo wrote:
...and I'd like to hear Swivel defend himself too.
At your service.

Right now I can't post anything excessively indepth, but in about 6 hours I will, assuming that I can get to a computer. You can vote for (against?) me meanwhile, which will cause me to remind myself that this is just a game. Having the citizens win in important to me, however, in the context of the game.

03-28-2006 at 01:26 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Nillo
I like how you avoided lying in that post, if you're a WW that is.

03-28-2006 at 06:12 PM
Swivel
I have no desire whatsoever to needlessly complicate anything by claiming that I’m a wraithwing when in reality, I’m not. Thus, my “avoiding lying” (as you said) is actually inherent in my claim to citizenship. Pure honesty seems so suspicious in this game, especially maintaining it in the face of supposedly ingenuous yet certainly desperate accusations. These accusations are well intended but anything but naïve.

I share your desperation, Nillo, assuming that you too are a citizen. You can’t know who is who, and I would like to communicate you as best as I can a sort of freemason-like bond of integrity, even though such bonds are always shifty in the face of ambiguous identities.

I hate to write in a hypothetically vengeful manner, but I do already have my death speech planned out. I plan on writing it just in case, of course; after that point, I will have no control over the random and potentially retrogressive whims of those who were previously my fellow townspeople.

03-28-2006 at 06:27 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
RoboBob3000
Let's take a look at Krammer's votes.

He voted for Schik first, immediately after the round he was logically outed as being a WW. Perhaps, knowing that Schik would be going down, he jumped on the train first?

Krammer voted for Chaco only after there were several votes against him, and it looked sure like he would go down the tubes.

Seeing the trend of the first vote setting the course for lynches, Krammer voted for Andy101 first and successfully got him removed.

I think Krammer's our wraithwing, boys.

03-28-2006 at 09:14 PM
Ezlo
A voice comes from the heavens:

"JUST LYNCH SOMEONE WILL YA??"

[Last edited by Ezlo at 03-28-2006 09:39 PM]
03-28-2006 at 09:39 PM
Swivel
And just why is this heavenly authority unable to lynch someone himself? Either that, or Ezlo is not really up in the heavens, but just in a helicopter.
Click here to view the secret text

03-28-2006 at 09:54 PM
Ezlo
A voice comes from the hot-air-ballon:

DRAT! YOU GOT IT!
03-28-2006 at 10:16 PM
RoboBob3000
A little vote summary to this point:

Nillo- Swivel
RoboBob- krammer
forrestfire- krammer
krammer- stigant
stigant- Nillo
coppro- *none*
Swivel- *none*

03-28-2006 at 10:58 PM
stigant
Well I'm torn... I can go ahead and vote for Krammer. If he turns out to be a citizen, I'll likely be accused of tipping the scales. On the other hand, if I don't vote for him, I could very easily find myself getting voted off instead. Of course, Krammer is already voting for me, so its not like I'm going to tick him off.

Unvote: Nillo
Vote: Krammer

As a side note, I'm not sure how interesting this game can possibly be. There just isn't enough information. WW's can act without any meaningful repercussions (ie they leave no real evidence of their comings and goings).

03-28-2006 at 11:09 PM
RoboBob3000
stigant wrote:
As a side note, I'm not sure how interesting this game can possibly be. There just isn't enough information. WW's can act without any meaningful repercussions (ie they leave no real evidence of their comings and goings).

Much more interesting game. :D

03-28-2006 at 11:25 PM
stigant
Well, I don't know about that. I enjoyed the survivor game, but it was so much work at times, that it really petered out at the end there. Besides, its different enough to be comparing apples and oranges. Primarily, in Survivor, everybody is nominally on the same footing. There aren't two different classes of people. There may be good players and bad players, but everybody has the same options for playing the game.

The problem, I think, with this game is that its too anonymous. If you play live games of Mafia, everybody can't help but be involved. You can read faces, glances, gestures etc. There needs to be some sort of observable effect of the lynching rather than just the body. Email Mafia just seems doomed to be a crap shoot because that effect is missing.

03-28-2006 at 11:38 PM
krammer
I'm running out of ways to convince people of my innocence, so the final plea: Lynch me and you're onto your last chance of winning. I'm getting paranoid now and not actually convinced of anyone else's innocence, but I leave my vote as it stands.

And about the game being dull - it can be made more interesting by giving all (or most of) the citizens various special roles, although care needs to be taken that it's still reasonably balanced. There are websites dedicated to playing mafia by message board, and they're very active, so it must appeal to some people quite a lot. :)

"Oook!"
03-29-2006 at 11:40 AM
Swivel
In my experience, realtime versions of this game (with actual physical people all in one room) are a lot more fun if special roles are introduced. (And if you don’t announce who someone is after they die. This allows lying.) The Vigilante is a fun role.

03-29-2006 at 01:29 PM
coppro
Rank Points: 1308
Sorry about my absence. I'm not sure where we should be going yet, but I'm just anxious to get this game over with. Vote: krammer. Sorry if this looks suspicious

And Swivel, I'm already way ahead of you for game 3.
03-31-2006 at 04:38 PM
View Profile Show all user's posts Quote Reply
<<6789
Page 10 of 12
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Forum Games : Mafia for DRODiacs (A structured game for once!)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com