Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Forum Games : Mafia for DRODiacs (A structured game for once!)
Page 3 of 12
4567>>
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Schik
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5383
IP: Logged
icon Re: Mafia for DRODiacs (0)  
Vote: Someone Else

02-01-2006 at 09:22 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
RoboBob3000
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1978
Connected to a wraithwing or not, these thumbs are mighty thumbs, and I guarantee that you shall be filled with regret should you ever choose to lynch them.

02-01-2006 at 10:38 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
trick
Rank Points: 2580
This seems awfully random. On the other hand, I don't have any reason to believe that Someone Else isn't a Wraithwing, so .. yeah, I'll just go with the flow for now.

Vote: Someone Else

Nothing personal. Better you than me, eh ?
02-02-2006 at 12:24 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
TripleM
Rank Points: 1373
Thats number 7, and a majority!
02-02-2006 at 12:28 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
trick
icon Re: Mafia for DRODiacs (+1)  
Way to make me feel guilty, TripleM.

- Gerry
02-02-2006 at 12:36 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
coppro
Rank Points: 1308
Everyone has spoken! As the frenzied mob closes in on someone else, (Note: I never capitalize his name if I can avoid it.) someone yells "Get him!". Without even the merest chance of a defence, a mob of Schik, trick, RoboBob3000, Nillo, Swivel, TripleM, and asmussen attacks. It is not long before someone else is completely helpless. "No! You can't! You're making a big mistake!". The mob ignores him. RoboBob starts to have second thoughts, but alas, someone else is thrown out the window. Searching through his possesions, the group becomes painfully aware that someone else was in fact an Architect, and the only one properly equipped to discover the Wraithwings. A small wail is heard, and nothing more. As the sun sets, everyone sets back to sleep, wary of the coming night.

It is now Night 1.

DO NOT POST

someone else has 24 hours to post a final speech
02-02-2006 at 02:29 AM
View Profile Show all user's posts Quote Reply
coppro
With utter silence, someone else passes without a single redundant word.

As the group wakes, there is once again disquiet. A pile of bones in the foyer indicates that the wraithwings did indeed feast last night. A quick headcount indicates that nothing else had happened. You all sighed in relief of not being dead. Until...

Next to the bones lay a sword. That, combined with a quick count indicated that the deceased was none other than RoboBob3000, Smitemaster. With no protection, the group had to act fast.

With 10 votes available, it is 6 to lynch.

I am writing this in a hurry and will be back Sunday. Please don't explode or do anything similar in that time.
02-03-2006 at 09:21 PM
RoboBob3000
Rank Points: 1978
icon Re: Mafia for DRODiacs (+4)  
Guh.... ah....

It was... it was...

*dies*

02-03-2006 at 09:31 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Nillo
Rank Points: 548
Seriously! Both architect and smitemaster died? Our chance of winning now is almost inexistent. But we can't give up now. Let's see what clues we have:

The first lynch was misdirected. Which means that many of the wraithwings probably voted for that lynch. The full list of voters:
RoboBob3000 (dead), Nillo, Swivel, TripleM, asmussen, Schik, trick

stigant was the one that suggested the lynch.

forrestfire hasn't posted at all since the game began.

I'll vote later and see if someone else has anything to add to this.

“Folks say that if you listen real close at the height of the full moon, when the wind is blowin' off Nantucket Sound from the nor' east and the dogs are howlin' for no earthly reason, you can hear the awful screams of the crew of the 'Ellie May,' a sturdy whaler Captained by John McTavish; for it was on just such a night when the rum was flowin' and, Davey Jones be damned, big John brought his men on deck for the first of several screaming contests.”
02-04-2006 at 10:23 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
trick
Well, we could lynch forrestfire just to weed out the last inactive player. On the other hand, getting rid of the Wraithwings first might be a better idea. We don't know who they will target next, after all -- could be me, could be you, and then that's Game Over for the one involved. Of course, forrestfire could be a Wraithwing himself, silently lurking in the shadows, hoping we see getting rid of Wraithwings as a higher priority than getting rid of the inactives. Also, RoboBob3000, who was the one who suggested we kill off the inactives first last round, got killed.

On the other hand, I've got a bad feeling about Nillo ..
02-04-2006 at 01:52 PM
krammer
Rank Points: 904
Just pointing out that forrestfire isn't the only inactive, Chaco hasn't posted anything either.

But as I said earlier lynching inactives is not usually the best policy, although some mafia may be lurking you don't often get many that way.

I think Nillo's post - "this list probably includes all wraiths!" - is a little off too. Does he perhaps think the inclusion of his own name is going to persuade us that he is innocent? And that we are guaranteed to go for one of the others? After all, voting when 3 or 4 others have done the same is not really supicious behaviour, it's called going with the crowd.

So current suspicions for me: forrest and Chaco for inactivity, stigant for first suggesting SE for lynch, and Nillo for reasons outlined above. But not voting - yet.

"Oook!"
02-04-2006 at 05:36 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Swivel
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 236
I have to say, I was initially suspicious of RoboBob3000 to be a wraithwing. But, now that he's obviously not, I'd like to apologize to him. I will place a mourning tar baby on your grave, Ryan!

But I have no accusations thus far.

02-04-2006 at 05:49 PM
TripleM
In my opinion it would be more fun for all those involved if we do get rid of an inactive person. There is of course exactly the same chance they are mafia as anyone else.. that would put it down to Chaco and forrestfire. I'd go with forrestfire for the fact that he hasn't actually posted nearly at all through the whole forum. But, I'll probably go along with the crowd on any other decision.

[Last edited by TripleM at 02-04-2006 08:25 PM]
02-04-2006 at 08:25 PM
asmussen
Rank Points: 188
TripleM wrote:
In my opinion it would be more fun for all those involved if we do get rid of an inactive person. There is of course exactly the same chance they are mafia as anyone else.. that would put it down to Chaco and forrestfire. I'd go with forrestfire for the fact that he hasn't actually posted nearly at all through the whole forum. But, I'll probably go along with the crowd on any other decision.

I'm opposed to the getting rid of an inactive person idea for the following reasons:

1) We seem to be going through turns relatively quickly, so I don't expect the game to drag on for an extremly long time, so the people who get knocked out can probably get back in fairly soon if we restart after this game is finished.

2) The assassination of Ezlo occurred less than 24 hours after the declaration of the first 'Night'. That suggests to me that all three wraithwings are actively playing, because otherwise I am guessing that the leader might have waited for a while longer to receive input from the other wraithwings before designating a target without having gotten any feedback from all of the others. That's just a guess of course, but it feels right to me.

3) There has been more than one suggestion for voting for inactive players. This originally made me suspect RoboBob3000, although that suspicion turned out to be groundless. However, even if none of the suggestions actually came from wraithwings, I think that with the emerging trend to want to vote for inactive players, all of the wraithwings will have at least made 1 comment, just to not be singled out as inactive.

4) Since I believe that all of the wraithwings are active players, then I think that selecting an inactive player will almost certainly result in lynching a citizen, so it seems like a bad tactical move to me at this point.

My suggestion is that we pick somebody who voted for Someone Else, because I'll bet that at least some of the wraithwings probably got in on that vote once the ball got rolling. Since they wouldn't stand out too much by joining in once it looked like the vote was going that way, I'm going to guess that wraithwings would be more likely to have been the later voters, than the early ones. The last person to vote for Someone Else was Trick. Before that was Schick, and before him unfortunately was me. However, to paraphrase the words of the immortal Richard Nixon, "I am not a wraithwing!" I know that this line of reasoning isn't the strongest of evidence, but we don't really have much to go on at this point...

02-04-2006 at 09:58 PM
Swivel
Off-game:
Click here to view the secret text

With this in mind, it's impossible to judge a wraithwing by certain characteristics. Many times, stuff is emulated.

02-04-2006 at 10:57 PM
coppro
Of course.

*remembers rule*

NO EDITS.
02-05-2006 at 02:18 AM
coppro
As a result, double posting is allowed ;)
02-05-2006 at 02:18 AM
The Stew Boy
Rank Points: 247
If you're back, Coppro, you should edit your first post. It's no longer night 2, and the game has started. Now, who will be lynched? Can we cast our votes yet?
02-05-2006 at 03:27 AM
coppro
I predict that someone will be lynched. *Edits first post*. There was nothing against voting, I was just in a hurry when I made that post.
02-05-2006 at 03:28 AM
The Stew Boy
Rank Points: 247
Ok, well, I vote trick, because he's got the most rank points, so therefore he must be the leader of the Mafia.
edit: Gah, forgot to close the bold tag

[Last edited by The Stew Boy at 02-05-2006 03:31 AM]
02-05-2006 at 03:31 AM
Schik
Rank Points: 5383
TripleM wrote:
Sounds good to me. Vote: forrestfire

02-05-2006 at 03:34 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
TripleM
Hmm.
Well, in light of the above posts, perhaps it isn't wise to vote for an inactive player. However, I still think that since forrestfire hasn't posted at all (unlike Chaco who has posted in other parts of the forum), then thats independent of whether or not he/she is a wraithwing.
But yeah. Just so that I can get a vote in tonight, I will
Vote: forrestfire
but I'll be changing that as soon as I agree with someone elses reasons for someone else.
02-05-2006 at 06:19 AM
Nillo
Rank Points: 548
krammer wrote:
Does Nillo perhaps think the inclusion of his own name is going to persuade us that he is innocent? And that we are guaranteed to go for one of the others? After all, voting when 3 or 4 others have done the same is not really supicious behaviour, it's called going with the crowd.

So current suspicions for me: forrest and Chaco for inactivity, stigant for first suggesting SE for lynch, and Nillo for reasons outlined above. But not voting - yet.
Well, innocent or not, I can't prove my status to you, so I'm not going to try.

I would have gone for stigant myself, but I see that people have started voting, and in order to get anything done half of us need to agree, so I'll change my initial intention and go with you others on this.

Vote: forrestfire

“Folks say that if you listen real close at the height of the full moon, when the wind is blowin' off Nantucket Sound from the nor' east and the dogs are howlin' for no earthly reason, you can hear the awful screams of the crew of the 'Ellie May,' a sturdy whaler Captained by John McTavish; for it was on just such a night when the rum was flowin' and, Davey Jones be damned, big John brought his men on deck for the first of several screaming contests.”
02-05-2006 at 07:51 PM
Swivel
No, Nillo, no! Us innocent citizens must take a firm stand! Those who express oscillation will be lynched! (Pat Robertson is my new role model. ;))

I don't know if you're innocent, though. I'll vote for or against forrestfire once he (she?) posts something. Meanwhile,

Vote: coppro :P

02-05-2006 at 08:01 PM
asmussen
Rank Points: 188
Vote: Trick

02-05-2006 at 08:03 PM
coppro
Vote Count:

trick (2):
The Stew Boy
asmussen

forrestfire (3):
Schik
TripleM
Nillo

coppro (1):
Swivel

Nice to know I'm appreciated.
02-05-2006 at 08:30 PM
stigant
Rank Points: 1182
I would have gone for stigant myself
Yeah, I almost threw myself out the window after we lynched SE. Sorry about that, guys. In fact, I expected a bit more backlash than what I got.

I'm kind of in agreement over killing off inactive players - I don't think we're going to get the WWs that way. I think the best idea was to vote for people who voted middle to late for SE.

VOTE: Trick

02-05-2006 at 08:34 PM
krammer
Rank Points: 904
Nillo, I'm by no means accusing you, I was just pointing out behaviour that was possibly suspicious.

trick did cast the deciding vote for SE though, so he's equally as suspicious as stigant. I'm happy to go with that for now. I'm still wary about killing off inactives.

Vote: trick

And look on the bright side folks - we can't accidentally lynch any more of our special roles. :)

"Oook!"
02-05-2006 at 08:44 PM
TripleM
I'm happy with that.
Unvote: forrestfire
Vote: trick
02-05-2006 at 08:53 PM
Swivel
In a game where the identity of everyone is told when they die, it takes away from the fun of someone lying about their role. Because then it's not as fun. Also, I wish the healer could heal him/herself. If this were to happen, then the healer could present him/herself without qualms.

But meanwhile, join me to kill coppro! If not, I'll need someone who's being accused to defend him/herself.

02-05-2006 at 08:59 PM
Page 3 of 12
4567>>
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Forum Games : Mafia for DRODiacs (A structured game for once!)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com