Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Forum Games : Mafia for DRODiacs (A structured game for once!)
<<78910
Page 11 of 12
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
RoboBob3000
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1978
IP: Logged
icon Re: Mafia for DRODiacs (0)  
Woo for majority!

03-31-2006 at 05:47 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Ezlo
Rank Points: 1214
FINALLY!

The group argues for a REALLY long time, in fact, it takes them well into the night, the next morning, the next week or so, and a few more days. To make sure that the Wraithwing doesn't attack, they all stay together. But they decide that maybe, just maybe, Ezlo was cunning enough to put two monkeys on one team. They all are about to pounce on Krammer, when a lightning bolt comes from the sky and kills Krammer. A voice utters, "SORRY, I WAS JUST SICK OF ALL THE NEEDLESS TEARING OF LIMBS. KRAMMER WAS A CITIZEN, AND NOW YOU OTHERS HAVE ONCE LAST CHANCE, NIGHTY NIGHT." Suddenly everyone is in their room and fast asleep, except for the Wraitwing of course. Istead of sleeping, it plans it's next move.

NIGHT 20. DO NOT POST.
03-31-2006 at 06:11 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
coppro
Rank Points: 1308
Sorry for the night post, but could I please have a definitive list of how many people are alive? At the beginning of the day, krammer wasn't one of them. The post on page 5 says Someone Else is alive. Help me! (Also, the evidence shows that we have up to two more chances, so that's part of the reason.)
03-31-2006 at 06:20 PM
View Profile Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Ezlo
Stigant
Nillo
forrestfire
RoboBob3000
Coppro
Swivel

Am I missing anyone?

If not, two chances left for the citzens.

[Last edited by Ezlo at 03-31-2006 07:15 PM]
03-31-2006 at 06:27 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
krammer
Rank Points: 904
Well. I don't like to say "I told you so", but - I don't know, some people are a bit too suspicious. No hard feelings though, it didn't hurt. Much.

PS: Ezlo, forrestfire is missed off your list.

"Oook!"
03-31-2006 at 06:39 PM
Ezlo
Stigant is dead. Stigant was a citzen.

I'm getting over from a bad case of vomiting, so I hope you don't mind me not being as verbose as usual.

DAY WHO CARES. WITH 5 ALIVE IT'S THREE TO LYNCH.

[Last edited by Ezlo at 04-02-2006 01:42 PM]
04-02-2006 at 01:42 PM
coppro
AAAH! Day Who Cares!? How will we ever survive.

However, it seems that the floodwaters are getting higher. I propose we throw the next guy in. But, in the meanwhile, we still have no really good suggestions.

I'm suspicious, so Vote: forrestfire. He hasn't posted much.
04-02-2006 at 05:01 PM
Nillo
Rank Points: 548
Three to lynch? That's, like, nothing.

Swivel is still suspicious, but I'll Vote: coppro because he seems a little too careless.

“Folks say that if you listen real close at the height of the full moon, when the wind is blowin' off Nantucket Sound from the nor' east and the dogs are howlin' for no earthly reason, you can hear the awful screams of the crew of the 'Ellie May,' a sturdy whaler Captained by John McTavish; for it was on just such a night when the rum was flowin' and, Davey Jones be damned, big John brought his men on deck for the first of several screaming contests.”
04-02-2006 at 05:46 PM
coppro
As long as we don't get a second vote on anyone, then we're fine. Plus, the WW has to be careful, as we still get another lynch. As a result, I don't beleive I'm being careless.
04-02-2006 at 06:57 PM
RoboBob3000
I'm inclined to believe coppro. He cast an unvote for stigant back in the day.

Vote: forrestfire

04-02-2006 at 10:15 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
forrestfire
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 93
I beg for coppro and robobob3000 to take back your votes. I am a citizen. The wraithwing could come along at any moment and cast the final vote. Of course robobob3000 or coppro could be the final wraithwing although I highly doubt robobob is a wraithwing. If he is, he's a very good one.

04-04-2006 at 01:29 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
forrestfire
Sorry for the double post. I'm pretty sure that editing is against the rules. I had to look through the thread to find a good way to convince you of my innocence. :(
I was one of the first people to jump onto the lynch chaco train after nillo suggested him.
Anyway, I think swivel is the wraithwing, he's one of the few still alive that hasn't been one of the first to vote for a wraithwing.
vote: swivel

04-04-2006 at 01:40 AM
Swivel
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 236
forrestfire wrote:
I was one of the first people to jump onto the lynch chaco train after nillo suggested him.
Anyway, I think swivel is the wraithwing, he's one of the few still alive that hasn't been one of the first to vote for a wraithwing.
vote: swivel
To start off my defense, let me say this:
I real, non-internet games, often Wraithwings for vote to kill eachother in order to maintain a good-deed-doer savoir faire. Voting patterns, then, don't always reveal much. I'll look at my own voting patterns and allow you to conclude from them.

The only two people who initiated a wraithwing's demise was TripleM, who was the architect and thus had special powers, and Nillo. TripleM's death-vote was initiated by Schik, who you all know was a wraithwing.

I quote:
Ezlo wrote:
The next morning, Swivel is the first to come out of room. When he sees the bloody remains, he shrieks.
I was concerned about the death of trick, our smitemaster.

I wasn't the only innocent townsperson not to vote against Schik after his guilt was revealed. After and partially during the fact, I realized that my fellow citizens would take care of him anyway because his guilt was set in stone. Chaco I was unsure of.

Basically, singling someone (like me) out because of who I didn't vote for is a natural consequence of only checking the game thoroughly enough to get a scrap of an accusation instead of the truth.

For one, I didn't vote for Andy101, who was a citizen. Krammer, too, I did not vote for. Actually, I'm a very indecisive person. In the world that we live in (with potential wraithwings all around us), perhaps that's not such a good way to be born.

You, forrestfire, are perhaps too decisive. Lynching Chaco after he was suggested did turn out all right, but how do you know that that quality won't work against you in the future? After all, Nillo's vote was extremely non-sequitur-ish. You seconded it using an illogical and self-contradicting argument.
forrestfire wrote:
Most of his posts are just him saying who he is going to vote for and then trying to justify it.
Meanwhile, you were trying to vote for him, and then justifying it! If you can accuse Chaco of that, why can't I accuse you of it?

Overall, I voted less than I should have. Noting voting for the death of an innocent person perhaps has a negative impact upon my relationship with the citizen community, which I am a part of.

Unfortunately, I'm not voting now. But I will; I promise.

04-04-2006 at 02:15 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
coppro
Just realized that its 4 to lynch, what with 6 people left.
04-04-2006 at 02:35 AM
Ezlo
No, it's five with three to lynch.

RoboBob
Swivel
Nillo
Coppro
Forestfire
04-04-2006 at 03:09 AM
coppro
Oh wait nevermind. I hit my head again.
04-04-2006 at 03:32 AM
RoboBob3000
Hmm. Part of the reason I voted for forrest was because there was already a vote cast against him. I'll admit that I've had my suspicions of Swivel in the past and the fact that he wouldn't swoop in and cast the final vote here, wraithwing or not, smells like a plan to save face. So in that case:

Unvote: forrestfire
Vote: Swivel

*BONK*

04-04-2006 at 04:01 AM
Nillo
I'll give majority, then. I'm sure I'll be suspicious if he turns out to be citizen, but that's a risk I'm willing to take.

Unvote: coppro
Vote: Swivel

“Folks say that if you listen real close at the height of the full moon, when the wind is blowin' off Nantucket Sound from the nor' east and the dogs are howlin' for no earthly reason, you can hear the awful screams of the crew of the 'Ellie May,' a sturdy whaler Captained by John McTavish; for it was on just such a night when the rum was flowin' and, Davey Jones be damned, big John brought his men on deck for the first of several screaming contests.”
04-04-2006 at 09:30 AM
Swivel
Hmmm. If I were a wraithwing, the game would be over next morning (assuming that you lynch me). It’s hard for me to be happy about that, for two contradictory reasons:
1. I’m not a wraithwing, and my death won’t contribute to the cause of the citizens
2. If I were a wraithwing, my death would cause the citizens to win. I am a citizen, so I would happy about a citizen win. But my death will be in vain, then.

So either way, I wouldn’t want to die. And you probably wouldn’t want that either (at least in retrospect). But it’s your choice.

The chance is 1/5 this time. Next time, it’ll be 1/3. Hopefully next time you’ll get it.
04-04-2006 at 12:29 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Ezlo
This time, there is no heavenly voice coming from the hot-air-ballon. So the mob tears swivel limb from limb. Then they chop of his head for good measure, and gouge out his eyes. Then they throw everything out the window. But before the body goes, a peoce of paper falls out it's back pocket. It's the "How to recognize and lynch a Wraithwing" handbook everyone was given at the begining of the game! And it has Swivel's name on it! Everyone cries for the poor poor poor poor Swivel.

NIGHT LAST ONE BEFORE YOU DIE. DO NOT POST.

[Last edited by Ezlo at 04-04-2006 12:52 PM]
04-04-2006 at 12:52 PM
Swivel
icon Re: Mafia for DRODiacs (+2)  
Swivel Speaks With The Man In a Hot-Air Balloon
A Moving Drama for Children

Man in the balloon: Give a post-mortem speech.
Swivel: But I can’t. After all, I’m dead.
Man in the balloon: Well, that’s the idea. Now say something kind of important that might relate to Wraithwings and your death.
Swivel: Oh, I always love a fried Wraith Wing. Of course, maybe I ate them too much. They’re very fattening, and perhaps a blood clot in a coronary artery contributed to my death.
Man in the balloon: You do know how you died, right?
Swivel: What do you mean, I’m dead? I thought that I was alive.
Man in the balloon: You’re dead, I tell you. And obviously your cerebral cortex is screwed up. Your hippocampus, too. Maybe your entire brain was rewired.
Swivel: But I’m alive! I’m more alive than I ever was!
Man in the balloon: All right, you’re alive, even though you have no head. But you’re posting during night time, and that makes you disqualified.
Swivel: All right, fine. Should I now talk about who I know the last Wraithwing is?
Man in the balloon: Too late.
(Man in the balloon kills Swivel, again, just to make sure that he’s dead, and more importantly, silent)

04-04-2006 at 05:24 PM
Ezlo
In the morning, Nillo gets up, opens his door, and finds a pile of scrap metal right outside his door. Upon further investigation, he discovers it was the remains of poor RoboBob3000! A real robot after all!

ROBOBOB3000 WAS A ROBOT.

FINAL DAY! WITH THREE ALIVE IT'S TWO TO LYNCH. BE VERY VERY CAREFUL!
04-07-2006 at 02:37 AM
Nillo
So, one vote in the wrong direction means the WW's win. That's kinda unsettling.

Coppro has started two votes against innocents before, and his behavior has raised suspicion.

forrestfire helped us lynch Chaco in the past, but has been fairly quiet otherwise.

Myself, I didn't vote for TripleM who was the architect, I voted for Schik who was WW and I voted for Chaco who was WW.

My primary choice here is obvious, but I'd like to hear you others say something first.

04-07-2006 at 11:21 AM
Nillo
No one seems interested in discussion, so I'll go ahead and make my final vote.

Vote: coppro

04-09-2006 at 09:41 AM
coppro
icon Re: Mafia for DRODiacs (+1)  
That's too dangerous. If forrestfire is the wraithwing, then he could now just jump on top of us and make us lose. A move this blind shouldn't come from a citizen. Therefore, you must be the wraithwing. Vote: Nillo.
04-09-2006 at 02:49 PM
forrestfire
vote: coppro

04-10-2006 at 12:18 AM
Ezlo
The vote is closed, but I'm going to wait one more day. :devil To build suspence.
04-10-2006 at 01:25 AM
asmussen
Rank Points: 188
Ezlo wrote:
The vote is closed, but I'm going to wait one more day. :devil To build suspence.

What, because the game went too quickly?

04-10-2006 at 02:47 AM
Ezlo
No, to build suspence!
04-10-2006 at 12:25 PM
Nillo
To build suspenscscse? Are you in Britain at the time?

Insider joke

[Last edited by Nillo at 04-10-2006 01:41 PM]
04-10-2006 at 01:14 PM
<<78910
Page 11 of 12
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Forum Games : Mafia for DRODiacs (A structured game for once!)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com