Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Forum Games : Mafia for DRODiacs (A structured game for once!)
Page 2 of 12
3456>>
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Ezlo
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1214
IP: Logged
icon Re: Mafia for DRODiacs (0)  
Nah, you would lynch me first. I'm always the first one to get lynched. Don't know why, but I am.
01-30-2006 at 06:51 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
asmussen
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 188
What the heck. I'll give this a try...

I'm in!

01-30-2006 at 09:24 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Swivel
Rank Points: 236
As the date of game-starting draws near(er), I would like to ask if the healer (or bodyguard) can heal himself/herself. Also, there are 2 points I would like to make:

1. Let's minimize the mod points for this thread. If you want to give coppro mod points, or put mod points on the last post of someone who is dead, feel free to do that. But suppose someone types, "Lynch Swivel!" and they receive a shower a mod points. This might not be fair. If someone writes "I am a member of the Mafia! Lynch me!" and they are subsequently lynched, then you can give them mod points. Please, no negative mod points.

2. You are allowed to lie as a part of the game, but don't contradict yourself. Also, don't lie in an "official" way ("Coppro sent me a PM that said that I was a citizen").

3. Thanks for joining, asmussen! This isn't an official point. Do not be alarmed.

01-30-2006 at 09:28 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
trick
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2580
Nillo wrote:
I suggest that we let Schik and trick in again, partially because they're nice guys and wouldn't do anything immoral, and partially because we would reach the 12 players limit and start playing already.
Hey, thanks! Sure, I'm here if you want me .. You won't not unfail to not regret it.

- Gerry
01-30-2006 at 11:13 PM
Ezlo
Stay! We want more people!
01-31-2006 at 12:31 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
coppro
Rank Points: 1308
We will begin as soon as Schik confirms either in or out.
01-31-2006 at 03:55 AM
View Profile Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Schik
Rank Points: 5381
Okay guys, I'll jump back in. Thanks.

01-31-2006 at 04:12 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
coppro
Swivel wrote:
As the date of game-starting draws near(er), I would like to ask if the healer (or bodyguard) can heal himself/herself. Also, there are 2 points I would like to make:

1. Let's minimize the mod points for this thread. If you want to give coppro mod points, or put mod points on the last post of someone who is dead, feel free to do that. But suppose someone types, "Lynch Swivel!" and they receive a shower a mod points. This might not be fair. If someone writes "I am a member of the Mafia! Lynch me!" and they are subsequently lynched, then you can give them mod points. Please, no negative mod points.

2. You are allowed to lie as a part of the game, but don't contradict yourself. Also, don't lie in an "official" way ("Coppro sent me a PM that said that I was a citizen").

3. Thanks for joining, asmussen! This isn't an official point. Do not be alarmed.

Well, saying "I am citizen" is equivalent to saying "Coppro sent me a PM saying that I am citizen". But generally, you may say anything. Just remember that I won't (Or I'm saying I won't :shifty) go out of my way for anyone. Also, the BG cannot protect himself.

As soon as the random number generates the roles, the game will start. FYI, there will be 3 mafiosi, 1 BG, 1 PO, and 8 town.

[Last edited by coppro at 01-31-2006 04:20 AM]
01-31-2006 at 04:18 AM
coppro
icon Re: Mafia for DRODiacs (+1)  
All roles have been assigned!

It is now Night 1.

DO NOT POST!

Night 1 will end at Local Time:02-02-2006 at 03:43 AM.
That is in negative 950 weeks, 5 days.
01-31-2006 at 04:42 AM
The Stew Boy
Rank Points: 247
The Stew Boy wrote:
I'll join
01-31-2006 at 08:15 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
coppro
Erhmm, not my fault O:-. Turns out I had actually had a role assignment, so the game should not be affected.
01-31-2006 at 11:18 PM
coppro
icon Re: Mafia for DRODiacs (+1)  
It was a difficult time. The middle of Trisuary, and yet the annual floods had not yet stopped. Even worse, the only ground for miles that was not soaked was King Dugan's castle. As you took refuge, it quickly became apparent that you had little food. Slowly, you had to eject a few people *coughKingDugancough*. Even so, the prospects looked grim.

One day, as you sat discussing The Empire with the legendary Beethro Budkin in the castle, a black shape flew by the window. A large shriek followed, and Beethro jumped to his feet. From above you, you heard a loud cry "Wraithwings!". Beethro rushed upstairs, and killed the Wraithwings, and the pondered to himself how they got there.

"There's no way they flew that far, unless..."

You last saw him rushing into the dungeon.

Since then, Wraithwing attacks have continued. Now, there are only three left. However, they are somehow disguised within the thirteen of you, and so you do not know where they are. Also, you have reason to believe that there is a smitemaster and an architect among you, the former being able to defend you against the Wraithwings, and the latter being able to identify the Wraithwings. However, you have no idea who they are, either. With only the thirteen of you left, it is imperative that you discover these threats as soon as possible.

At dawn, you knew that the continuing Wraithwing attacks could not have stopped. And indeed they had not, for it was apparent that someone was missing, as you searched the castle, you found the body of the dead. Chaco was vaguely compaining about a noise in the night, when, suddenly, he rushed over to the disfigured corpse and stuttered, "Ez.. Ez.. Oh, Ezlo!". Investigation revealed it to in fact have been Ezlo, a distinguished newcomer. He had been killed in his bed, however, and so you agreed that he had not been doing anything last night.

Ezlo is dead. As a consolation for dying on the first night, and to celebrate the irony of that death ("I'll be the first lynched"), he may post a maximum 50 word post, which may or may not be awarded rank points.

It is now Day 1

With 12 alive, it is 7 to lynch
02-01-2006 at 12:10 AM
RoboBob3000
Rank Points: 1978
Well, I suppose for starters it would be terrible to remove a player who was highly interested in playing the game but had an unlucky draw in the first go-round.

So I say that all players who are still committed to playing a strong game post a reply saying so, and we vote to lynch those who don't.

Fair enough?

02-01-2006 at 04:06 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Schik
Rank Points: 5381
Hmm, but then we get no closer to figuring out who's in the mafia.

Either way, umm, I'm committed to playing a strong game.

02-01-2006 at 04:15 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
TripleM
Rank Points: 1373
Yeah, its quite likely that at least one person who signed up forgets about it, or something, so we may as well get rid of them. But like Schik said, they wouldn't be mafia.. so maybe getting rid of them is the worst idea. Anyway.
02-01-2006 at 04:18 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
asmussen
RoboBob3000 wrote:
Well, I suppose for starters it would be terrible to remove a player who was highly interested in playing the game but had an unlucky draw in the first go-round.

So I say that all players who are still committed to playing a strong game post a reply saying so, and we vote to lynch those who don't.

Fair enough?

Of course, if you were in the mafia, and knew that your fellow mafiosos would say they were still committed, then that's exactly the sort of thing we'd expect you to say, hmmm? :?

02-01-2006 at 04:37 AM
TripleM
Ooh, and if they saw what I said above, all the 'mafiosos' could stay quiet pretending they aren't really in the game at all and we *wouldn't* lynch them.. ah, what fun. How about we lynch Robobob for posting first? :D Nah, I'm all for lynching a small player.
02-01-2006 at 04:40 AM
The Stew Boy
Rank Points: 247
What I'm confused about, is can we lynch anyone, or just a Mafia person, or just a citizen, or what?
02-01-2006 at 08:00 AM
Nillo
Rank Points: 548
Well, I cannot cast an accurate vote using only what has been said until now... and if I just randomly voted on someone, I'm guessing people would either accuse me of being wraithwing or believe I'm the architect and choose me as the target tonight. So I'll just stay quiet for a while.

What I'm confused about, is can we lynch anyone, or just a Mafia person, or just a citizen, or what?
We are supposed to lynch people who act suspicious, hoping that said people turn out to be the bad guys.

“Folks say that if you listen real close at the height of the full moon, when the wind is blowin' off Nantucket Sound from the nor' east and the dogs are howlin' for no earthly reason, you can hear the awful screams of the crew of the 'Ellie May,' a sturdy whaler Captained by John McTavish; for it was on just such a night when the rum was flowin' and, Davey Jones be damned, big John brought his men on deck for the first of several screaming contests.”
02-01-2006 at 12:38 PM
Ezlo
icon Re: Mafia for DRODiacs (+4)  
I'd like to thank all the people who made this possible today. I'd I respectfully ask coppro to do this game more than once. Because that was very short. I especial like to thank RoboBob for saying that it was terrible to kill me. And please give some modpoints. Being a goblin stinks.
02-01-2006 at 01:04 PM
stigant
Rank Points: 1182
Well, I'm still around, but pointing a finger at Someone Else would be completely random at this, err, point. And since I usually try to be completely random anyway, that's my nomination: Someone Else.

Click here to view the secret text

[Last edited by stigant at 02-01-2006 03:49 PM]
02-01-2006 at 01:18 PM
Swivel
stigant wrote:
Well, I'm still around, but pointing a finger at Someone Else would be completely random at this, err, point. And since I usually try to be completely random anyway, that's my vote: Someone Else.
I always hate the first round. Except for people saying things like, "I AM THE MAFIA! LYNCH ME!" you have absolutely no basis of accusation for anyone. So, yeah. I second that accusation.
02-01-2006 at 02:49 PM
krammer
Rank Points: 904
Just to point out - you probably ought to type Vote: person in bold (that's the usual rule for message board Mafia) as it makes it a hell of a lot easier for the mod to count votes. And the easier it is for him the better.

I'm not going to agree with the SE votes as I don't believe it's fair to accuse someone who hasn't yet had a chance to respond. (If they've been absent for a long period that's different). And yes, I agree there's not nearly enough info to make informed judgement at the moment, so not yet making decisions.

"Oook!"
02-01-2006 at 03:12 PM
stigant
Rank Points: 1182
you probably ought to type Vote: person in bold
Agreed. However, since we're not officially voting yet, I'll change my original vote to a nomination.

It seems like you could compensate for the first 2-3 eliminations by giving those people their choice of roles in the next round, then randomly assigning the rest of the roles.

[Last edited by stigant at 02-01-2006 03:52 PM]
02-01-2006 at 03:48 PM
Nillo
stigant wrote:
It seems like you could compensate for the first 2-3 eliminations by giving those people their choice of roles in the next round, then randomly assigning the rest of the roles.
But then you'd know for sure that they weren't citizens, which destroys the point of the game, yes?

Other than sympathy, I don't think we should be compensating anyone that loses early, because that would mean that it could be beneficial to die. Which would lead to people deliberately getting themselves lynched, just to get the role they want next time, for example.

“Folks say that if you listen real close at the height of the full moon, when the wind is blowin' off Nantucket Sound from the nor' east and the dogs are howlin' for no earthly reason, you can hear the awful screams of the crew of the 'Ellie May,' a sturdy whaler Captained by John McTavish; for it was on just such a night when the rum was flowin' and, Davey Jones be damned, big John brought his men on deck for the first of several screaming contests.”
02-01-2006 at 04:11 PM
RoboBob3000
Rank Points: 1978
Just to get the ball rolling then:

Vote: Someone Else

No hard feelings. And I'm definately up for unvoting if Someone Else or someone else makes a good pitch for it.

02-01-2006 at 06:39 PM
Nillo
He hasn't posted yet! He must be up to something.

02-01-2006 at 07:00 PM
Swivel
Look at this picture. Take a good look at the wraithwing's thumbs. They are clearly pointing up. Now, who has an avatar with thumbs pointing up? Yep. You guessed it.

But possible joking aside, I

But can be swayed.
02-01-2006 at 07:56 PM
TripleM
02-01-2006 at 08:17 PM
asmussen

02-01-2006 at 08:27 PM
Page 2 of 12
3456>>
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Forum Games : Mafia for DRODiacs (A structured game for once!)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com