Announcement: Remember: you are giving away your fantastic ideas for free, and somebody else might even make money from them (or appear to). That's just how the world works! If you're worried about it, maybe you shouldn't post your ideas here.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Semi-Breakable Walls
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Pinnacle
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1129
IP: Logged
icon Semi-Breakable Walls (0)  
OK. A semi-breakable wall has an arrow engraved on it, and it is only breakable when Beethro is facing in the direction of the arrow.

Am I making sense?

12-19-2005 at 03:08 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
AlefBet
Rank Points: 979
icon Re: Semi-Breakable Walls (+1)  
Interesting idea, but it seems to me like it has about the same puzzle power as a door and orb.

++Adam H. Peterson
12-19-2005 at 04:04 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Pinnacle
Rank Points: 1129
icon Re: Semi-Breakable Walls (0)  
Oh.
Didn't think of that.
You're definately right though.

12-19-2005 at 04:10 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
The spitemaster
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 354
You could make a strenght potion that let you break stronger walls. It could also help kill stronger enemies then normal. Kill wabbas, but that has put up before. I would time limit it.

I wish that man would stay away
12-19-2005 at 09:48 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
Seems to me that the original idea was that you have a breakable wall where your sword has to be in a certain direction in order for you to break it. As such, I'm not entirely sure why that's the same as a door/orb combination, especially if you have a bunch of "semi-breakable walls" with all different orientations in the same area.

However, that's a pretty limiting idea. I'd be more inclined to think about "sword arrows" which only let your sword onto them if your sword is pointed in the correct direction. So you either have to step on these arrows making sure your sword doesn't touch them, or you have to be facing the right way. There are actually lots of possibilities with that, which allow for more dynamic sword control than just a mimic in an orb area that was popularized in A Quiet Place. But I think that "sword arrows" were suggested before, a long time ago.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
12-19-2005 at 10:09 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Someone Else
Rank Points: 1300
Still, "sword arrows" seem to be a good idea
12-19-2005 at 11:24 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Semi-Breakable Walls
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com