Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Wonderquest : Bug Tracking. (If you're having problems running Wonderquest, post here..)
Page 3 of 8
4567>>
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Fanka
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 38
IP: Logged
icon Re: Bug Tracking. (0)  
In level 10, the entrance you can enter the room with the scientist from northwest and then have two scientists (that will behave strange when the active one changes from swimming to walking and back).

A sort of "trivial" solution for level 15.
Click here to view the secret text

02-16-2006 at 02:00 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Maurog
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1501
When switching character by moving to a blue/red square, the old character's direction is used for hitting with weapon once, from the new character's location. Example:
      I                    II
. . . . . . .        . . . . . . .
. _ . . . | .        . S . . . | .
. S . . . B .        . . \\ . . B .
. . \\ . . . .        . . . . . . x

The Scientist facing Southeast enters a blue square. He switches to the Beggar facing North, *but* in the process the square marked by x gets hit.

02-16-2006 at 04:38 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
RoboBob3000
Rank Points: 1978
In level 9 1e4s, there are a couple of errors. First of all, the boat can travel directly south before the completion of the room to easily find the secret. Secondly, the roach behind the red door can be killed with the archer, meaning you can clear the room without destroying all of the volcanic terrain (if you exit via the other boat icon).

Also, level 9 2w3s is the room with several eyes placed on volcanic terrain. The placement of the arrows leads me to believe that you intended this to be a red door room, but there is no red door anywhere. It's a lot easier at the moment knowing that I don't need to drop a red door.

Likewise, level 9 4s contains blue pressure plates, but no blue door.

[Last edited by RoboBob3000 at 02-17-2006 01:06 AM]
02-17-2006 at 01:04 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
RoboBob3000
In level 10 1n, if you complete the room and exit to the south as the archer, you can return to the room and play with two archers at the same time.

Also, in level 10 there are a few places (where you're guiding a roach onto a blue pressure plate) where you you can clear the room and exit through the incorrect exit, forcing a restore.

02-17-2006 at 06:28 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
RoboBob3000
Not sure if this is supposed to be a red herring, but level 10 4e3n is completable without inverting any arrows.

Click here to view the secret text

02-17-2006 at 06:10 PM
RoboBob3000
Level 10, 1e1n, the boat can trigger Pandora's Box.

02-17-2006 at 10:07 PM
googa
Level: Moderator
Rank Points: 282
It's not a bug, the monsters are also able to trigger it.
02-17-2006 at 10:26 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
Level 2, 1N, the scroll refers to Davon the Archer but his name seems to be Nikolay the Tracker. Name change but scroll not updated, I guess?

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
02-18-2006 at 04:18 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
RoboBob3000
Speaking of which, there is a scroll with Rick as a speaker one level before he even shows up.

02-18-2006 at 04:39 AM
googa
Bugs fixed:

-Sailor Invisible sword. (Killing Elementals)
-Monsters over closed doors are also "raised".
-Character switch attack bug. (Maurog)
-All the others in this page.

About the red herring, RoboBob, I think I’ll change that room.

Thanks for the help guys.

[Last edited by googa at 02-18-2006 11:20 PM]
02-18-2006 at 07:38 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
asmussen
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 188
I think I found a bug while doing level 8 3E 1S. The first time I killed both of the roaches, I did it by killing the east roach first, and then killing the west roach by causing it to be hit by a ray after going back across to the west. However, after I killed the second roach, the room still wasn't 'finished'. I had no monsters left, but the doors didn't drop. I then did the room as I think it was intended to be done, and everything worked as expected.

02-21-2006 at 01:32 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
googa
Weird. Are you sure you moved a second time after killing the second roach? (When a monster is killed by the ray, the roomclear variable is updated only in the next move).
02-21-2006 at 03:23 AM
asmussen
Hmmm... I don't recall if I moved afterwards or not. I didn't know about the 1 move delay thing, so I may have just restarted the room when I thought that it wasn't going to register the room clear.

02-21-2006 at 03:40 AM
RoboBob3000
In the southwest-most room in level 12, the fire on the eastern border doesn't match up between rooms.

As a side note, levels 11 and 12 are fantastic!

02-21-2006 at 03:48 AM
Maurog
Rank Points: 1501
In level 9 1E 2S you can switch to Jax the Beggar and exit the room to the north. This makes you stuck as you can't go back through 9 1E 1S, and cannot do the 9 1E 2S starting as Jax.

02-21-2006 at 01:15 PM
googa
Bug fixed Maurog.

As a side note, levels 11 and 12 are fantastic!

Thanks RoboBob, I think the best levels are 11-15. (I was more experienced when I designed them).
02-21-2006 at 05:20 PM
asmussen
googa wrote:
Got the bug, you switched from berk to the scientist on 1w 2s. You should only do that before cleaning all the level.

FYI, you can also use the scientist from 1w 1s to get to the penitence room where the exit path begins without ever using any of the character switchers from 1w 2s.

02-22-2006 at 04:51 AM
RoboBob3000
If you're standing on a square left vacant by trimming away a bush (a secret square) and hit the restart button, the square will remain vacant once you've returned to the start.

Note: I discovered this when using the restart button to return to a checkpoint, so I'm unsure if it will occur when returning to the start of the room entirely.

02-23-2006 at 05:56 AM
googa
asmussen wrote:
FYI, you can also use the scientist from 1w 1s to get to the penitence room where the exit path begins without ever using any of the character switchers from 1w 2s.

How do you go there? Taking the scientist on 1w1s and going north?

Ps: I realize now it's a pain to debug WQ Multi-characters rooms. :)
02-23-2006 at 07:03 PM
asmussen
googa wrote:
asmussen wrote:

How do you go there? Taking the scientist on 1w1s and going north?

Ps: I realize now it's a pain to debug WQ Multi-characters rooms. :)

Yes, you start out by taking the scientist north from the island on the top left side of the room. It'd be a pain in the neck to describe the exact path, but the rooms you take the scientist through in order are: 1w, The Entrance, 1s, 2s, 3s, 1w 3s, 1w 2s, 2w 2s, 2w 3s, 1w 3s, The Penitence.

BTW, in case I haven't mentioned it yet, it's a really good game! Thanks for writing it. I think the multiple character aspect was your best idea, although not the only good inovation you came up with.

02-24-2006 at 03:12 AM
RoboBob3000

XX......C
XxC......
XX.......

X = wall
x = secret wall
. = empty square
C = character swapper

Okay, imagine Jax is on the leftmost character swapper with his sword pointing anywhere but west. If another character steps onto the rightmost character swapper while facing west, the secret wall will break.

[Last edited by RoboBob3000 at 02-24-2006 03:19 AM]
02-24-2006 at 03:18 AM
googa
icon Re: Bug Tracking. (+1)  
Thanks RoboBob and Asmussen, both the bugs are fixed. :D

I believe in a few weeks we’ll have a stable game to play. No more betas.

The only problem why I don't release the version 2.1 (With all the bug fixes since version 2.0) is because of the statistics. The older system had a bug counting the number of conquered rooms. In the new version, there is a new statistics system. The new secret system is cumulative. Now you can restore earlier levels to seek for secrets.

The problem: If someone installs the new version, the statistics will be restarted. (I don’t think it’s a big problem because of the “room conquered“ bug, the statistics won’t be real).

The good side: The new campaign has now 50 secrets. Plus, All the bugs fixed.

So, how important is are the statistics for everyone? If it’s really important, I suggest finishing the game with the old version (2.0). If you guys don’t bother with this problem, I can release the new version.
02-24-2006 at 04:16 AM
eytanz
Rank Points: 2708
icon Re: Bug Tracking. (+1)  
I'd much rather play a bug-free version than worry about the statistics. Besides, the longer you wait, the more people there will be who will suffer from the statistics not matching.

[Last edited by eytanz at 02-24-2006 01:24 PM]
02-24-2006 at 01:24 PM
googa
RoboBob3000 wrote:
If you're standing on a square left vacant by trimming away a bush (a secret square) and hit the restart button, the square will remain vacant once you've returned to the start.

Note: I discovered this when using the restart button to return to a checkpoint, so I'm unsure if it will occur when returning to the start of the room entirely.

Bug fixed.

Ps: It occurs only when you restart from the checkpoint.
02-24-2006 at 05:16 PM
googa
googa wrote:
Thanks RoboBob and Asmussen, both the bugs are fixed. :D

I believe in a few weeks we’ll have a stable game to play. No more betas.

The only problem why I don't release the version 2.1 (With all the bug fixes since version 2.0) is because of the statistics. The older system had a bug counting the number of conquered rooms. In the new version, there is a new statistics system. The new secret system is cumulative. Now you can restore earlier levels to seek for secrets.

The problem: If someone installs the new version, the statistics will be restarted. (I don’t think it’s a big problem because of the “room conquered“ bug, the statistics won’t be real).

The good side: The new campaign has now 50 secrets. Plus, All the bugs fixed.

So, how important are the statistics for everyone? If it’s really important, I suggest finishing the game with the old version (2.0). If you guys don’t bother with this problem, I can release the new version.

Good News! I fixed the "room conquered counter" bug. Now, if someone installs the 2.1 patch, the new version will convert the old statistics system into the new one, and automatically fix the bug. The most important: The statistics won't be lost, and will match the reality.

[Last edited by googa at 02-26-2006 01:01 AM]
02-25-2006 at 11:20 PM
asmussen
Level 10 4e 2n:

I'm assuming that this room is intended to be done by Sophie, but it can be done trivially just by luring the roach into the fire using the ship.

02-27-2006 at 01:30 AM
asmussen
Level 10 3e 2n:

Scroll refers to Sophie as 'Meg'.

02-27-2006 at 01:37 AM
googa
Both the bugs are fixed Asmussen.
Thanks.
02-27-2006 at 04:34 AM
googa
I need some of you guys to help me with the following:

I’m testing the new Version 2.1 Patch, so I need some files from players that are from level 8 on. I want to make a lot of tests before releasing the patch.

All you have to do is:

1: Open WQ folder.
2: Open the Players folder.
3: Compress your player name’s folder (winzip or winrar).
4: Send to alienleader-at-gmail.com

Thanks for the help. I want to test if the statistics system will work properly when patching the game.

[Last edited by googa at 02-27-2006 10:39 PM]
02-27-2006 at 10:11 PM
googa
Thanks Asmussen. I think I need to test a few more files from other people. (Everything running OK).

Got your email Eytan, no problems with your file either. Thanks.

PS: I placed a new checkpoint in the new version in the butterfly room.

[Last edited by googa at 02-28-2006 05:30 PM]
02-28-2006 at 06:11 AM
Page 3 of 8
4567>>
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Wonderquest : Bug Tracking. (If you're having problems running Wonderquest, post here..)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com