Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Can't export player file (Is a scores file enough?)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Tim
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1979
IP: Logged
icon Can't export player file (0)  
I'm sorry if this question has been asked multiple times, but after reading the posts I've found I'm still too unsure about it.

I'm trying to export my player file today, but all it does is crashing (no interesting things in the error log). I was able to save my scores file though.

Now my question, if I reinstall JtRH with an very old player file, and the latest scores file, will I have everything back then? (I guess I could do another drod installation, but I've got some disk space problems at the moment, and I'm sure someone has done this before :))

-- Tim

11-25-2005 at 06:35 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5058
icon Re: Can't export player file (+2)  
Tim wrote:
I'm sorry if this question has been asked multiple times, but after reading the posts I've found I'm still too unsure about it.

I'm trying to export my player file today, but all it does is crashing (no interesting things in the error log). I was able to save my scores file though.

Now my question, if I reinstall JtRH with an very old player file, and the latest scores file, will I have everything back then? (I guess I could do another drod installation, but I've got some disk space problems at the moment, and I'm sure someone has done this before :))
Yes, this should work. However, if your DROD is crashing, then there's possibly a bug I'd like to fix. Would you post or email me all your .dats except for data.dat? Also, I worry about the possibility that the saves file also isn't exporting correctly if the regular export is crashing.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
11-25-2005 at 10:43 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Tim
icon Re: Can't export player file (0)  
mrimer wrote:
However, if your DROD is crashing, then there's possibly a bug I'd like to fix. Would you post or email me all your .dats except for data.dat? Also, I worry about the possibility that the saves file also isn't exporting correctly if the regular export is crashing.
I'll send it to you sometime tomorrow as I'm currently a bit busy at the moment. Can you post/PM me an address to send to please?

11-26-2005 at 01:33 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Tim
icon Re: Can't export player file (+1)  
mrimer wrote:
Tim wrote:
Yes, this should work.
Just wanted to say that my DROD is finally working again. As an added bonus, I am able to use CaravelNet as well!

Thanks Mike!

-- Tim (should be busy playing Smitemaster Selections :cool)

[Last edited by Tim at 11-29-2005 07:49 PM]
11-29-2005 at 07:49 PM
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5058
icon Re: Can't export player file (0)  
Tim wrote:
mrimer wrote:
However, if your DROD is crashing, then there's possibly a bug I'd like to fix. Would you post or email me all your .dats except for data.dat? Also, I worry about the possibility that the saves file also isn't exporting correctly if the regular export is crashing.
I'll send it to you sometime tomorrow as I'm currently a bit busy at the moment. Can you post/PM me an address to send to please?
I used your .dats and exported your player profile. It worked fine. Either it was a system-specific idiosyncracy or something that has been fixed in 2.0.11.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
11-29-2005 at 08:39 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Can't export player file (Is a scores file enough?)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com