Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Inquiring minds wish to know! (What *is* the meaning of these runes?)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Alneyan
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 622
IP: Logged
icon Inquiring minds wish to know! (0)  
I have just really noticed about the somewhat rune-looking letters in DROD 2.0 main screen (I know, I play the game for four or five months, and only notice them now). I wonder if there is a hidden meaning somewhere in here? If you like no p0rn, cracking down this code should be a piece of cake.

Of particular interest are the empty cases (though they still feature a dot), and the unusual crossed-S letter right below Halph (and possibly the slightly odd T on the left column). Somehow, the S reminded me of a snake, so perhaps the new variety of serpents, but the "one letter = one monster" theory just doesn't seem to work for other monsters.

So, is there a particular meaning to the letters, beyond the obvious fact that I have too much free time on my hands?
11-24-2005 at 09:53 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
agaricus5
Rank Points: 1838
icon Re: Inquiring minds wish to know! (+1)  
I have just really noticed about the somewhat rune-looking letters in DROD 2.0 main screen (I know, I play the game for four or five months, and only notice them now). I wonder if there is a hidden meaning somewhere in here? If you like not pr0n, cracking down this code should be a piece of cake.
Indeed there is.

Read the contest topic carefully (there are many entry posts there), and you should find the answer you're looking for somewhere around page 4-6.

Click here to view the secret text

[Last edited by agaricus5 at 11-24-2005 10:04 PM]
11-24-2005 at 10:01 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Alneyan
Rank Points: 622
icon Re: Inquiring minds wish to know! (+2)  
I see. Thanks!

(So, not only I was not exactly observant, but I am also late by a good six months. Jamie, mind if I borrow your sig?)
11-24-2005 at 10:23 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
jamie
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 365
icon Re: Inquiring minds wish to know! (0)  
:lol Ok, as long as you promise to give it back.. I feel naked without it!!

11-25-2005 at 04:25 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Inquiring minds wish to know! (What *is* the meaning of these runes?)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com