Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Test hold: "The Code"
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
billbuckner
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 57
IP: Logged
icon Test hold: "The Code" (0)  
Here is my test for a secret level warp using no breakable walls. The puzzles are mostly things that were thrown together since this only is a test. The only nasty puzzle is one involving a tar mother. BTW: READ ALL SCROLLS!!!

<EDIT> There is a bug on my comp that it starts on the last level. A staircase to level 1 is on the last level in case this happens to you. Also, this isn't a "Warp". It would be, but I got bored. And if any of the rooms happen to be unsolvable, sorry.

[Edited by billbuckner on 07-09-2003 at 09:49 PM]
07-09-2003 at 09:39 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
zex20913
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1723
icon Re: Test hold: "The Code" (0)  
Hmm...I don't think your blue doors are opening...and this level is causing my computer to go REALLY slowly.

07-09-2003 at 10:09 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
billbuckner
icon Re: Re: Test hold: "The Code" (0)  
zex20913 wrote:
Hmm...I don't think your blue doors are opening...and this level is causing my computer to go REALLY slowly.
Strange... Blue doors open for me.
07-09-2003 at 10:48 PM
billbuckner
Fixed bug in the snake room. BTW if the tar room is way too hard/impossible,

Click here to view the secret text

[Edited by billbuckner on 07-09-2003 at 11:02 PM]
07-09-2003 at 11:01 PM
bdcribbs
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 390
I also get disfunctional blue doors and it experience drod running really slow. Windows wanted to increase the size of my swap file.

I could only find one staircase and it leads back to the same level. Is there supposed to be a room to the left of the entrance?
07-09-2003 at 11:30 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5058
In what rooms is this hold running slowly? I've peeked in at about all of them and my memory hasn't gone up a bit. Hmm...maybe it's something Schik fixed for build 28.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
07-10-2003 at 12:45 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Quath
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 17
Tar room was fun. So far the only problem I am having is I can not open the blue door. I think I have been to all the rooms I can go to unless there is a room I just overlooked.

Quath
07-10-2003 at 01:12 AM
bdcribbs
icon Re: Re: Test hold: "The Code" (0)  
mrimer wrote:
In what rooms is this hold running slowly? I've peeked in at about all of them and my memory hasn't gone up a bit. Hmm...maybe it's something Schik fixed for build 28.

Actually, the slowness only happens in build 27, not in the CVS I've got (which is a few days old). So I guess you don't need to worry about that.

The blue doors won't open in either version.
07-10-2003 at 01:15 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Schik
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5383
icon Re: Re: Re: Test hold: "The Code" (0)  
bdcribbs wrote:
Actually, the slowness only happens in build 27, not in the CVS I've got (which is a few days old). So I guess you don't need to worry about that.
The slowness *was* happening in the currently checked in code - there was a HUGE memory leak that happened whenever the the room was cleaned of monsters and then more were created - i.e. tar was stabbed and tar babies created. It was eating up about 6 megs every time this happened on my machine. That can add up really quickly. It's fixed for the next build.

07-10-2003 at 02:55 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
bdcribbs
ahh.. sorry for the misinformation :( , I don't generally test in there, I just fired it up to see if I could get past the blue doors and didn't actually play the rooms (I'd already played them in b27).
07-10-2003 at 02:58 AM
Scott
Rank Points: 578
icon Re: Re: Re: Re: Test hold: "The Code" (0)  
Schik wrote:
The slowness *was* happening in the currently checked in code - there was a HUGE memory leak that happened whenever the the room was cleaned of monsters and then more were created - i.e. tar was stabbed and tar babies created. It was eating up about 6 megs every time this happened on my machine. That can add up really quickly. It's fixed for the next build.

I have played both this level and eytanz level. In both levels you clear the room and create more babies but I only saw the slow down on this level.
07-10-2003 at 06:14 AM
bdcribbs
icon Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Test hold: "The Code" (0)  
Scott wrote:
I have played both this level and eytanz level. In both levels you clear the room and create more babies but I only saw the slow down on this level.

Similairly, I am able to reproduce the slowdown in this dungeon even without entering the tar room.

EDIT:
Slows down in build 27 (without entering tar room) but doesn't in CVS. Wait for build 28 and retest.

[Edited by bdcribbs on 07-10-2003 at 06:40 AM]
07-10-2003 at 06:33 AM
billbuckner

File: The Code3.hold (3.7 KB)
Downloaded 61 times.
License: Other
Blue door problems: No idea... Rooms beyond B.D.s are checked as "Not required" as are code rooms. Each room has an exit. Ill check for missing rooms.

[edit] I have an idea. On this level and another similar level with an exit to the same level you were on, there is a blue door problem. Room beyond blue door to west is empty. Try it again. [/edit]

[Edited by billbuckner on 07-10-2003 at 12:35 PM]

[Edited by billbuckner on 07-10-2003 at 12:42 PM]
07-10-2003 at 12:30 PM
eytanz
Rank Points: 2708
My "find the exit" hold also suffers from the blue door bug. I plan to re-create it in build 28 and see if it works.

07-10-2003 at 01:26 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Scott
Rank Points: 578
You guys must have tripped the secret stop hidden exit code. :D
07-11-2003 at 01:29 AM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Test hold: "The Code"
Surf To:

Forum Rules: