Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Contests : Truthbringer Info Exchange (A place for bartering information) This topic has been locked
Page 3 of 3
New Topic New Poll
Poster Message
Mattcrampy
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2388
IP: Logged
icon Re: Truthbringer Info Exchange (0)  
Sadly, we're not allowed to lynch him until candy and accurate clues come out.

11-09-2005 at 01:57 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts
Maurog
Rank Points: 1501
icon Re: Truthbringer Info Exchange (+1)  
I just wanted to state that all the clues sent by me to people, no matter how many other people verified them, are all dirty lies and contradictions. In fact, if you received from me a fact which accidently turned out to be true, contact me and you will be reimbursed.

Not only that, but I decided to start trading clues in public too, so here you go: Send me a shameless lie, and you will recieve an equally shameless lie in return. True statements will not be accepted (and believe me, I will recognize your truths no matter how hard you conceal them).

11-09-2005 at 02:16 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts
robin
Rank Points: 842
Maurog wrote:
I just wanted to state that all the clues sent by me to people, no matter how many other people verified them, are all dirty lies and contradictions. In fact, if you received from me a fact which accidently turned out to be true, contact me and you will be reimbursed.

Not only that, but I decided to start trading clues in public too, so here you go: Send me a shameless lie, and you will recieve an equally shameless lie in return. True statements will not be accepted (and believe me, I will recognize your truths no matter how hard you conceal them).

Old news :rolleyes

11-09-2005 at 03:57 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores
Chalks
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 267
robin wrote:
Maurog wrote:

Old news :rolleyes

quite. :fun
11-09-2005 at 04:00 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts
Nillo
Rank Points: 548
I give up, and will not accept any trading requests anymore. I still have my list of clues in case anyone is interested.

“Folks say that if you listen real close at the height of the full moon, when the wind is blowin' off Nantucket Sound from the nor' east and the dogs are howlin' for no earthly reason, you can hear the awful screams of the crew of the 'Ellie May,' a sturdy whaler Captained by John McTavish; for it was on just such a night when the rum was flowin' and, Davey Jones be damned, big John brought his men on deck for the first of several screaming contests.”
11-09-2005 at 06:30 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds
forrestfire
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 93
icon Re: Truthbringer Info Exchange (+1)  
eytanz said:
Ok - last chance to join in on my deal!

I believe that as of right now, I have all the information necessary to solve the puzzle. I also believe that after deep analysis, I know which information I have is true and which is false.

So, either tonight or tomorrow morning (depending on when I fall asleep), I will solve the puzzle, and at that moment, the deal ends, and a 24 hour timer begins. Either I, or someone else who is on my deal, will solve the puzzle by the time the timer ends. So unless you are supremely confident of your own abilities to solve this puzzle before Thursday morning (my time) - I suggest you send me your data and join in the race to victory.
Anyone about to send information to eytanz should realize that this may just be a scandal to get enough info to solve the puzzle. As of right now I think eytanz is lying about having enough info to solve the puzzle. After all, wouldn't it be sad to see that your clues helped eytanz win because you thought the contest was already over?

edit: Wow. I wrote the above befor I found out that Krish got 1st place already. I didn't realize it could be done this fast. Now I have no doubt that eytanz can solve the puzzle tonight. See how paranoid I get about lying in this contest?

[Last edited by forrestfire at 11-09-2005 11:50 PM]
11-09-2005 at 11:32 PM
schep
Rank Points: 865
I could still use a bit more information. Send me something you have good reason to believe the Prisoner said, and who originally heard it, about either the Whimspeaker or the Handler, and I'll answer two similar requests of yours. Please don't send a fact involving the Steel Barrier, I already know that. This offer will be good for the next three hours, or when somebody sends me satisfactory information, whichever comes later.

Edit: LATER, not first. I will be happy to answer multiple respondents.

[Last edited by schep at 11-10-2005 12:56 AM]
11-10-2005 at 12:49 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds
Mouse
Rank Points: 246
I'm not participating in the contest (sue to missing the sign-up deadline by about 5 minutes) but I'd like to solve the puzzle.

If you send me your clues I will
-Not pass them on to anyone else
-Attempt to solve the puzzle just for fun,

cheers!
11-10-2005 at 12:54 AM
Mattcrampy
Incidentally, I was Matchmaker.

11-10-2005 at 01:57 AM
The_Red_Hawk
Rank Points: 783
OK, some of these will be lies due to me having got them from other people, (and also due to me having about 60 clues) but most will likely be true. I will not be lying. :)

My clues now contain information on:

First Secretary
Second Secretary
Third Secretary
Fourth Secretary
Fifth Secretary
Sixth Secretary
Seventh Secretary
Eighth Secretary
Ninth Secretary
Tenth Secretary

Fetching Facility
Complaint Department
Storage Index Archives
Office of Inequities
Storage
Office of Renaming

70th Archivist
71st Archivist
73rd Archivist
74th Archivist
75th Archivist
76th Archivist
77th Archivist
79th Archivist

Negotiator
Manipulator
Confectionary
Patron
Whimspeaker
Dispatcher
Watcher
Bruntchief

Tunnel A
Tunnel B
Tunnel C
Tunnel D
Tunnel E
Tunnel F
Tunnel G
Tunnel H

Bronze Barrier
Tothrock Barrier
Wiervish Barrier
Buresten Barrier
Steel Barrier

Minux Cavern
Majux Cavern
Forebread Cavern
Glim Chamber

If you have anything on the stuff I don't have, PM me and I will trade for clues on something you want.

The red hawk's dance of death.

.....the king of the skies.....

[Last edited by The_Red_Hawk at 11-10-2005 02:15 AM]
11-10-2005 at 02:03 AM
Maurog
Rank Points: 1501
Anything you have about a specific Cavern is a lie.

11-10-2005 at 06:40 AM
Krishh
Rank Points: 282
Until second and third place are taken, I'm offering to give a single definetly true clue on any object. If you already have some clues on it, send them along and I'll reply with a different one. If there are no more clues pertaining to the object, I will tell you so, but the opportunity will be used up. If you send me a fake clue, I will tell you so, but that will use up the opportunity too.

[Last edited by Krishh at 11-10-2005 09:01 AM : typos. You (or at least I) never notice them when rereading the text just after typing it.]
11-10-2005 at 08:20 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds
Mattcrampy
These are my original clues:

Storage Index is farther south than building where Fifth Secretary works.

Tunnel A is farther south than the building where 71st Archivist works.

The Patron is in same cave as 73rd Archivist.

78th Archivist and Confectionary are in caves on opposite sides of the Tothrock Barrier.

Caves containing the Office of Inequities and 70th Archivist are on opposite sides of Tunnel C.

11-10-2005 at 08:55 AM
The_Red_Hawk
Rank Points: 783
Maurog wrote:
Anything you have about a specific Cavern is a lie.

Clayton sent them to me. :)

They're just the same ones that are at the beginning of the contest, that Erik lists as "Found on Map"

The red hawk's dance of death.

.....the king of the skies.....

[Last edited by The_Red_Hawk at 11-10-2005 02:37 PM]
11-10-2005 at 02:36 PM
robin
Rank Points: 842
When there is a 2nd & 3rd,
can you (Erik) put all the (true) clues on the forum.
because I like this kind of puzzles,
but I messed up organizing things,
(for searching good clues and double clues,...)
and my excel file is just one big unoverlooking thing.

:weep

11-10-2005 at 06:34 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores
Page 3 of 3
New Topic New Poll
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Contests : Truthbringer Info Exchange (A place for bartering information) This topic has been locked
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com