Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Forum Games : Translate gibberish "tag"
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
krammer
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 904
IP: Logged
icon Re: Translate gibberish "tag" (0)  
Over 24 hours, so I googled Znirk's.
Click here to view the secret text

Nice easy one, again via Korean:
The new star our father where the art is a thy name inside the heaven which it does to do. The Thy the kingdom comes. It means that the Thy in the earth, will do that way inside heaven. Us the bread give two days everyday in us. So, we head and us it forgives they we infiltrate? When being, right li forgive our trespass in the field. And with the temptation which is not under the map boil us, convey but from evil. For the thine for until now the kingdom, and force and honor are and until now.

"Oook!"
11-18-2005 at 03:23 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
stigant
Rank Points: 1182
That would be the Lord's Prayer written by, I guess, Jesus (when his disciples asked him how to pray to God)

Our father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name...

Here's one that's been through the ringer (English->Korean->English->Greek->French->English). I apologize for breaking the rules slightly... It was too obvious after only one retranslation.

It was one night correct obscure of storm, it will take consequently with the roof which it begs and kek will take also kek its is generated, is wild and darkness which directs and agitates the fire of which kekljme' nor the slope which fight hard is insufficient with the provisional interval that with the high piece and this one it excludes in the fast current -- the distances (you risk the scene it buys to us, it is in London) resentment of sweepings by the mpoyrj' nj which it is powerful during the inspection, this one they came

[Last edited by stigant at 11-19-2005 02:55 PM]
11-18-2005 at 03:49 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
pladams9
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 30
It sounds like something from the 1800s to me, but maybe not. I also think you meant hallowed not hollowed. Just a mis-spelling, but it can have some serious implications.

11-18-2005 at 08:11 PM
Mattcrampy
Rank Points: 2388
I saw 'kek' and thought World of Warcraft. But that's probably not it.

11-19-2005 at 03:42 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
stigant
I also think you meant hallowed not hollowed
mmm, indeed. I apologize to anybody who might have taken offence.

Here's a hint on my text above: Look at the first clause. Its still got some key words in it that will help identify the passage.

11-19-2005 at 02:54 PM
pladams9
icon Re: Translate gibberish "tag" (+1)  
"It was a dark and stormy night; the rain fell in torrents--except at occasional intervals, when it was checked by a violent gust of wind which swept up the streets (for it is in London that our scene lies), rattling along the housetops, and fiercely agitating the scanty flame of the lamps that struggled against the darkness."

--Edward George Bulwer-Lytton, Paul Clifford (1830)

I was right, 1800s!

When during the human cases, be compulsorily on people one it permits political fastenings which they with others they jump, and to accept separately and equal mail to which and the laws of nature of god natural they gerechtigen are below to the forces from the earth, decent respect require that with the recommendations of humanity they they reason to explain with the separation is recommended them urgently.

This one should be easy even after going through three languages.

11-19-2005 at 06:05 PM
stigant
icon Re: Translate gibberish "tag" (+1)  
That would be the Declaration of Independence by Thomas Jefferson.

When in the course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causees which impel them to the separation.

From Korean (which seems to be consistently the worst of the translations that I try)
It is a duration of civil war. The rebellious space ship which it hits from the foundation which it hides headed, is bad low empire it won their first victories. While fighting, the rebellious spy the empire ultimate weapon, the star which dies, it controlled the fact that to the force which is sufficient destroys the whole planet Hoom it hits a secret plan in the armor space station. By the empire Leia flame one substitute it pursues, the princess races her starship other the family.... her person under storing, Hoom it will be able to rehabilitated freedom under the custodian of the plan which hits

[Last edited by stigant at 11-20-2005 12:08 AM]
11-19-2005 at 11:58 PM
pladams9
Opening text to Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope.

"3 types of bases - bases, the bases and decidedly statistical."

This has been through Russian and Italian. I think it's fairly well known. A few of the words have changed drastically because of multiple meanings, but you can probably figure it out.

11-20-2005 at 03:42 AM
krammer
"There are 3 types of lies: lies, damn lies and statistics". I forget who said it, but I'm pretty sure that's what you wanted.

Ho-hum. I'll put a new one up in a minute.

"Oook!"
11-20-2005 at 11:32 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
pladams9
I have read that Mark Twain said it, but I have also read that it as been attributed to others as well.

"Lies" became "Beds," in Russsian, which became "Bases," in Italian.

11-20-2005 at 07:55 PM
krammer
Right. This one went to German to French and back, and is still ar too recognisable:

My object that all, obtains me sublimates, in time - you can be installed the punishment the crime, the punishment install the crime. * and to let each collect you pent opposite a source innocent merriment, innocent merriment to represent.

"Oook!"
11-20-2005 at 11:40 PM
pladams9
My object all sublime
I shall achieve in time--
To let the punishment fit the crime--
The punishment fit the crime;
And make each prisoner pent
Unwillingly represent
A source of innocent merriment!
Of innocent merriment!

I believe that is from "Let the Punishment Fit the Crime." The chorus. The next person here can post something. I don't feel like it right now. :lol

11-26-2005 at 05:13 PM
stigant
Ok here's another from Korean:

This people are navigation of the enterprise of the boat of the star. She is disowned and one burns the world and that that is new the task of 5 years that purchase. The new life and has tried one new civilizzazione and has put towards outside with regard to this. Song of the boat for the thing for the respects speaks and before every person in the place.

11-26-2005 at 07:09 PM
pladams9
Wait!! I know this one!!! It's Captain Kirk!!!! My sister got the the entire first season of Star Trek from the library!!! Ahahaahahha!!!! That's the beginning talky-thing!

You can count that ' gamer girl ' as good as, if not is better than you will not precipitate! They make it to Lethe, they exactly did not say you they will be women.

11-26-2005 at 11:05 PM
Nillo
Rank Points: 548
Bump, and your quote is from Mattcrampy's old sig. I'll come up with something new soon.

“Folks say that if you listen real close at the height of the full moon, when the wind is blowin' off Nantucket Sound from the nor' east and the dogs are howlin' for no earthly reason, you can hear the awful screams of the crew of the 'Ellie May,' a sturdy whaler Captained by John McTavish; for it was on just such a night when the rum was flowin' and, Davey Jones be damned, big John brought his men on deck for the first of several screaming contests.”
03-27-2006 at 07:42 PM
Nillo
Rank Points: 548
Here's a French one:

the spirit and the flower, the node and the worm,
in small compound, planet aspires
dream of growth open soon prison to us,
human take guard, raised planet

“Folks say that if you listen real close at the height of the full moon, when the wind is blowin' off Nantucket Sound from the nor' east and the dogs are howlin' for no earthly reason, you can hear the awful screams of the crew of the 'Ellie May,' a sturdy whaler Captained by John McTavish; for it was on just such a night when the rum was flowin' and, Davey Jones be damned, big John brought his men on deck for the first of several screaming contests.”
03-27-2006 at 07:59 PM
Bunches
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 192
This one is as easy as... somthing easy!

Korean,dude!

The warfare initially was reduction inside advertisement
2101,:
What happens, me?
Mechanic: The troublesome army song the bomb established us. Communication possibility: We get a signal.
Reduction: What!
Communication possibility: The screen which is important lights.
Reduction: It is you,!
Cat: You as peel the gentleman,! !
Cat: All your foundation belongs in us and.
Cat: In the destruction which spreads out it is a method. Reduction: What you talk! !
Cat: It spreads out and to live I chance do your hour which is a n which it will make.
Cat: hahahaha
communication possibility: Reduction! !
Reduction: Take off angle "Zig!
"Reduction: There is Iss who spreads out your what to do. Reduction: "It moves Zig".
Reduction: Hazard a company one process

[Last edited by Bunches at 03-28-2006 09:30 PM]
03-28-2006 at 09:29 PM
stigant
AYBABTU (Or the prelude to Zero Wing)

[Last edited by stigant at 03-28-2006 10:39 PM]
03-28-2006 at 10:38 PM
Swivel
Rank Points: 236
Ouch. I ran this quote through all of the languages available at Google Language Tools. If anyone recognizes it, they are sure to get a mod point when I next get to a computer.
Disowned Mrs. Mote of the many difficulties the other nyum to feel itself not for the government, in order to arrest the inferior surface of the measurer of the distribution of the lagoon with. Older forces the civil custom in entire film of the system of the source of the aquisizione water.
03-29-2006 at 12:04 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Bunches
About 25 hours!

This one is:

engl to kor to engl to kor to engl to kor to french to portug to french to engl to kor to engl to greek to engl to kor to engl.

Here or side it maintains and, the easy game is caught to recent times inside hour and the cancer. In commerce signal of address of address of ideogram address of report of the hour when the sko'rpjsma of the shape of the blood of the skorpj'smatos of the blood inside the skin subsists long inside hour it resembles in inside to peel, from who. Inside lower part of the thing of 2 things which it sees in here rule,: The case which will be from the individual inside losing the blood which the sko'rpjsma of the blood of the skorpj'smatos of the rind of the blood where the projectile is clear in the place selects. Employment, this moment, inside the line where this inside it represents an interpretation inside the doctor language maciteyo'menwn in the Babelfish the thing, in order thing open circuit the description below which it talks it in order to peel under above. That the hour translate an hour yet, this. The plenty of time the different inside place issue which is abundant inside lower part of this continuity and the dele or opposition daytime end too much plentifully is the br4ulantement, the thing of air she or this Jen that much and inside the force will control the process of at that swip hymn thread song of the army will connect, assumes a production to peel, the substitute too much it wants in this question of the Anh which sufficient is abundant is abundant plentifully in the place and is. 1 inside the new grass the bell in inside in order description below the dog of the riddle thing arranges this in the lower part of xefloydjstej' purity. The thing and the fastidiosafastidiosa which them arranges this in the place from opinion inside hour new quality half daytime inside end inside song of the army in inside will make a red inside the song 24 boat of inside hour of the case will apply the inside inside at this song of the army, assumes in inside. That it thinks, it (b) inside touching the Bswip, starting a production inside the shoulder of the brain of the thing.
03-30-2006 at 01:50 AM
Swivel
Rank Points: 236
Compare
Disowned Mrs. Mote of the many difficulties the other nyum to feel itself not for the government, in order to arrest the inferior surface of the measurer of the distribution of the lagoon with. Older forces the civil custom in entire film of the system of the source of the aquisizione water.
with
Listen, strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.

Are you twitching?

03-30-2006 at 03:30 AM
Bunches
Nobody got Mine! :~(

Click here to view the secret text

Whoever wants to can post next!
04-03-2006 at 07:38 PM
silver
Rank Points: 915
(using Japanese)
"I am noble am good, is not, but you do not take many in order to look at that problem of 3 dwarfs does not become the hill of the bean of the world of this insanity."

04-03-2006 at 07:51 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Forum Games : Translate gibberish "tag"
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com