Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Forum Games : Translate gibberish "tag"
Page 1 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Nillo
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 548
IP: Logged
icon Translate gibberish "tag" (+2)  
Here's a game I recently came up with. It somewhat resembles the Quote Tags of the Times of Old. Here's how it works:

Choose a text, any text. Translate it to a weird language using an online translator, for example the Babelfish. Then translate it back again. The others will then guess from where the text came. Try not to do too easy or too hard. The one who guesses right first posts a new text. If no one has guessed right in 24 hours, anyone can post a new text.
I'll start it off with an easy (I think) one.

Japanese Gibberish
Perfection concept matched to something of the people who do not have value heavyheartedly. With who request perfection it makes boldly in order to pursue recently? Today requesting we of cynicism solve us ourselves in practicality of the drab. If I say me exactly, you think that something we want the complete tuna sandwich? Obtaining obtaining Ohio state... the tuna, mayo, Cheddar, the terrestrial pepper, and the butter the ratio where the grilled rye pan which it can be accustomed to painting is exactly correct. The obstinacy, has delusion that atrocity and so cancelled that it leads to my end? In order for I in Poland to march here, it is not that. Mmmm... tuna.

“Folks say that if you listen real close at the height of the full moon, when the wind is blowin' off Nantucket Sound from the nor' east and the dogs are howlin' for no earthly reason, you can hear the awful screams of the crew of the 'Ellie May,' a sturdy whaler Captained by John McTavish; for it was on just such a night when the rum was flowin' and, Davey Jones be damned, big John brought his men on deck for the first of several screaming contests.”
11-08-2005 at 01:23 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Alneyan
Rank Points: 622
icon Re: Translate gibberish "tag" (0)  
Sounds fun!

Your extract comes from the Illumination letter for November, known as Perfection is its Own Substenance.
11-08-2005 at 01:28 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Nillo
That is exactly right.

“Folks say that if you listen real close at the height of the full moon, when the wind is blowin' off Nantucket Sound from the nor' east and the dogs are howlin' for no earthly reason, you can hear the awful screams of the crew of the 'Ellie May,' a sturdy whaler Captained by John McTavish; for it was on just such a night when the rum was flowin' and, Davey Jones be damned, big John brought his men on deck for the first of several screaming contests.”
11-08-2005 at 01:39 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Alneyan
It used to be in Greek.

At my opinion, the competitions of handhold of rooms are amusement. They too much do not require time to make, they instigate the architectural creativity and in the end they provide in the institutions a probability to see the various forms of different architects. Thus, I think that it should we have more. Thus, I program to run the one (or certain) but who need I they are first certain ideas for the subjects of competition. The subjects can be concrete - eg "only the use djarre'ej and goblins" - or vague - eg "you render a space based" how many Hittites this it takes in order to it changes lightbulb "" I would say that the asafe'stera subjects he would be better since it provides in the architects more room for the creative interpretation.
11-08-2005 at 01:53 PM
Chris
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 144
icon Re: Translate gibberish "tag" (+1)  
That came from here.

This has been to Korean and back:

The space grows. It is big with realness. To be vast and be enormous and the mindboggingly it this it is big to peel, to spread out and not to only believe. You lower part of the road are long method in the chemist, this interval of that two thinking that it is a peanut which is legitimate me it means.
11-08-2005 at 02:26 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
krammer
Rank Points: 904
"Space is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly hugely mindbogglingly big it is."

Chapter 8, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Douglas Adams.

Now, from Portuguese:
The sun was shining in the sea, shining with all the his could. Better Fęz its not to make billows smooth and shining. E this odd age - because it was the way of the night.

"Oook!"
11-08-2005 at 02:42 PM
Alneyan
I didn't notice the "any text" part. Your own text comes from the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, on the topic of space, and goes like that: "Space is big. Really big."

Post wreck with Krammer! All hands, abandon thread!

[Last edited by Alneyan at 11-08-2005 02:44 PM]
11-08-2005 at 02:43 PM
Nillo
It seems that no one gets krammer's gibberish, and 24 hours have passed. Anyone is now free to post a new one.

11-09-2005 at 04:26 PM
krammer
Rank Points: 904
Strange. I thought it was quite easy. Anyway, for those interested, it was:
Click here to view the secret text

"Oook!"

[Last edited by krammer at 11-17-2005 05:10 PM]
11-09-2005 at 05:01 PM
Bombadil
Rank Points: 509
Wow! Korean gibberish

Your attempt my son who all includes the small stuff, inside energetic you, by you it slept in 1 eye which until the sandman that is being opened freely from sin and inside possessing which comes it was warm and it did not forget and the thing and and your pillow tight to dry it talked the single stage it griped.

Clue: It's a song ('92).
11-09-2005 at 06:52 PM
MartianInvader
Rank Points: 126
Say your prayers little one
Dont forget, my son
To include everyone
Tuck you in, warm within
keep you free from sin
till the sandman he comes
sleep with one eye open
gripping your pillow tight

First verse of Metallica's Enter Sandman

I think Korean really is the best language for this. Here's a bit of nonsense that's been to Korea and back:

It sleeps equally all men create and before 87 years, it was thought inside freedom, that, it gave in proposition and the new nation got this by our fathers in the continent.

11-09-2005 at 07:47 PM
Mouse
Rank Points: 246
I believe that is the beginning of the declaration of Independence.

And from Russian:

4 to compare thee to the day of summer? Iskusstvoo Thou is more likable and more temperate.

[Last edited by Mouse at 11-09-2005 07:57 PM]
11-09-2005 at 07:54 PM
stigant
Rank Points: 1182
Um, actually, I believe that's the Gettysburg Address by Abraham Lincoln.

87 = four score and seven

And yours is "Shall I compare thee to a summers day? Thou art more lovely and more temperate"

Shakespeare's Sonnet 18

Here's another from Korea:
The trick or treatment eats and in me which give my foot, the silence it will split sniff.

[Last edited by stigant at 11-09-2005 09:18 PM]
11-09-2005 at 09:02 PM
MartianInvader
Heh. "Trick or Treat. Smell my feet. Give me something good to eat!" How appropriate to the time of year.

Here's one from Dutch:

I do not have fear. Apprehension is the opinion assassin. Apprehension is the a little dead those total oblivion brings.

11-09-2005 at 11:39 PM
Znirk
Rank Points: 613
Frank Herbert, Duuuude!. "Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration."

Via Greek:

It is a truth that is recognized worldwide, that a single individual in the possession of good chance it should they are in the need of spouse.
11-10-2005 at 09:27 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
stigant
Rank Points: 1182
I believe that's Jane Austen's "Pride and Prejudice."
"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune must be in want of a wife."

I feel decidely less masculine for having recognized not only the quote but the source on that one.

From Korean again
The 1st day rises and the nation comfort from truth one meaning of it creed flesh l me there is a dream,: "We in order to be self-explanatory are the n which will catch this truth,: Are all men and it sleeps equally it creates." Me which sit together in the table of the sibling child Georgia the son of the slave previously 1st and the son previously slaveowners is a dream to the deep-red hill. Me with 1st negation to ten of the pressures which burn has difficulty even Mississippi week, the desert nation at the oasis of freedom and process, is a dream will change in hot weather. That 1st it is living inside the nation which means that the children of my, 4 people will not administer justice by the color of their skin in the place by the contents of their quality but me there is a dream. Me today there is a dream.

[Last edited by stigant at 11-10-2005 02:31 PM]
11-10-2005 at 01:02 PM
Swivel
Rank Points: 236
A excerpt from Martin Luther King Jr.’s “I have a dream” speech?

Try this, please:
scarlett: It spreads out what?
Rhett deacon: It will be extensive me it was valuable and the i which it leaves; M You do in now necessity, all your dream of divorce and the Ashley was vivid and there is a possibility of coming.
scarlett: Ohio, negation! It is terrible and it is incorrect, negation and the you. The re it is incorrect! Divorce by the I the don The T it wanted c. It will be extensive Ohio you, in order to talk you it will go out and it will carry and and when knowing, the I... It will be extensive and when loving, Ohio Rhett, today night which is born but, the family which runs it knew!
Rhett deacon: Please the don The T in order to this to think at the outside of our marriage above, el E for dignity goes to us whom it leaves. Us under end economizing ten bedspreads
scarlett End? It goes out and, e li three grade Ohio Rhett which is a fool must have, B in in me, for year when it loves it will be extensive, I didn' The T it listens to it it holds. You it does to worry please my, believe! You the thing the Melly language hayss c.
Rhett deacon: It is born. The Ashley what regarding the Wilkes?
scarlett: I.. It is born, it loved the Ashley assuredly real.
Rhett deacon: It was positive spreads out until this morning with the high piece it it gave the good imitation. The Scarlett, it is born, all it tried. }you{' When the D half method meets to me only, even it will go out and when len ten from coming after.
scarlett: It will be extensive it sees and, it was glad like this. It is born, it was a Rhett, it spreads out but, to be like this it was unpleasant.
Rhett deacon: And at the time of the L you will be sick that time, all my defect which is... In me which am born, it will be extensive but, the respecting you' The D the didn' which it shouts; The T hope it headed and it hoped.
scarlett: You wanted about low in me. You by me under despairing it wants but by you wanting in me where I didn' The T thinks.
Rhett deacon: The we' which is in the objective which intersects; ve, doesn' It it is visible to the T? But the it' of now; The S it uses. Under happiness flag time the Bonnie which is there were we and when as, for a long time. The Bonnie which is born you and the small girl again, and before making war thinks and siph it is a ss, it is empty, it boiled thing in you. It will go out and, when to be ill-bred the flag lu the meat siph being the ss flag, she you is like that together, is born there is a possibility of she, lovably her it is ill-bred the flag lun c. When she goes but, the that nye all it had and it went.
scarlett: Please Ohio and Rhett don' of Rhett; T something to say that. Sensibility be i' M the like this, all for sensibility be i M it is like this.

Edit: Google did this to/fro Korean. Well, they don't call it the BETA version for nothing.

[Last edited by Swivel at 03-12-2006 02:17 PM : Storage! Woo hoo. Yes, I have an E-Mail, but oh well.]
11-10-2005 at 05:31 PM
Mattcrampy
Rank Points: 2388
Is that from "Gone With The Wind"?

11-12-2005 at 05:47 AM
kie
Rank Points: 221
Could it be Romeo and Juliet?

11-12-2005 at 06:28 AM
Alneyan
"The Young and the Restless"?
11-12-2005 at 10:22 AM
Mattcrampy
It's from the final scene of "Gone With The Wind":

Scarlett: What are you doing?
Rhett Butler: I'm leaving you, my dear. All you need now is a divorce and your dreams of Ashley can come true.
Scarlett: Oh, no! No, you're wrong, terribly wrong! I don't want a divorce. Oh Rhett, but I knew tonight, when I ... when I knew I loved you, I ran home to tell you, oh darling, darling!
Rhett Butler: Please don't go on with this, Leave us some dignity to remember out of our marriage. Spare us this last.
Scarlett: This last? Oh Rhett, do listen to me, I must have loved you for years, only I was such a stupid fool, I didn't know it. Please believe me, you must care! Melly said you did.
Rhett Butler: I believe you. What about Ashley Wilkes?
Scarlett: I ... I never really loved Ashley.
Rhett Butler: You certainly gave a good imitation of it, up till this morning. No Scarlett, I tried everything. If you'd only met me half way, even when I came back from London.
Scarlett: I was so glad to see you. I was, Rhett, but you were so nasty.
Rhett Butler: And then when you were sick, it was all my fault ... I hoped against hope that you'd call for me, but you didn't.
Scarlett: I wanted you. I wanted you desperately but I didn't think you wanted me.
Rhett Butler: It seems we've been at cross purposes, doesn't it? But it's no use now. As long as there was Bonnie, there was a chance that we might be happy. I liked to think that Bonnie was you, a little girl again, before the war, and poverty had done things to you. She was so like you, and I could pet her, and spoil her, as I wanted to spoil you. But when she went, she took everything.
Scarlett: Oh, Rhett, Rhett please don't say that. I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry for everything.

This is just before the famous "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn."

Here's a fun one, through Korean:

Me as the Fawful is the company one Cackletta's first pupil which becomes distinction,! I will be here, it will be extensive and it laughs to scorn,! Your U li three in order to get a princess voice when you only give tracking in us, that time U whom it spreads out li is the idiot of three sounds,! The Peach the princess the sweet voice quickly will make the sandwich of Cackletta's desire the bread will connect,! And this battle the delicious mustard will connect in that bread,! Mustard of your fate!

11-12-2005 at 01:49 PM
Banjooie
Rank Points: 1645
I find it disturbing that the guy in the quote in question doesn't sound that much different once he's babelfished. I'm too lazy to babelfish anything myself, so I won't bother actually answering.
11-13-2005 at 01:32 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Swivel
Rank Points: 236
Uh, yes it is from Gone With The Wind. (I love how Rhett Butler becomes Rhett Deacon.) I would have written sooner, but frankly, dear, I don't give a
11-13-2005 at 01:41 AM
pladams9
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 30
"Princess Peach's sweet voice will soon be the bread that makes the sandwitch of Cackletta's desires! And this battle shall be the delicious mustard on that bread! The mustard of your DOOM!" - Fawful

Found that quote in Wikipedia. Unfortunately it's only the second half. Do I still get the next quote?

STRONG BAD: {typing} Television! Kids! BAD Wait, do you people think HARD: {television typing}! Cabritos! Delay, you people think thinks to me for the children? Like, the smallest, very small babies? You know, watch those demonstrations in the public television. I do not think that they cut for that for class of sugarjob.Ím intended to me children? Like, the littlest, tiniest babies? You know, they watch those shows on public television. I don't think for Ím cut out that sort of sugarjob.

This one should be pretty easy to find with some educated guessing/Google. Went through Spanish on Babel Fish.

[Last edited by pladams9 at 11-13-2005 11:00 PM]
11-13-2005 at 10:59 PM
Mattcrampy
icon Re: Translate gibberish "tag" (+2)  
But where is it from?

Also, your quote is from Homestar Runner. It's Strong Bad, in the e-mail "for kids".

Television?!! Kids?!! Wait, do you people think I'm intended for children? Like, the littlest, tiniest babies? You know, they watch those shows on public television. I don't think I'm cut out for that sort of sugarjob.

Now here's one that's less elementary, through Korean:

The man who cuts off them or the pawl ley old Mr. by a what kind of general hatred with the fact that it is controlled that the same fact heads and objection must talk. When it considers the some of company one Hwang proposal ditto, the chance which is started in 3 silk canvas of the bust which is identical must exist in case hundreds inside London to peel, it sleeps and that it assumes an agreement too much with plentifully it is same, the iconoclasm which is disordered.

11-14-2005 at 05:15 AM
MartianInvader
Mattcrampy wrote:

The man who cuts off them or the pawl ley old Mr. by a what kind of general hatred with the fact that it is controlled that the same fact heads and objection must talk. When it considers the some of company one Hwang proposal ditto, the chance which is started in 3 silk canvas of the bust which is identical must exist in case hundreds inside London to peel, it sleeps and that it assumes an agreement too much with plentifully it is same, the iconoclasm which is disordered.

Well, it looks like you've stumped us all. I don't have a clue where it came from, but it's been a couple days so I'm going to invoke the 24-hour rule and post a new one (hopefully this'll be a little easier):

From Japanese:

I nodded, but I am weak, it considers, becomes fatigued, but quaint of lore which is forgotten to midnight being lonesome to one time many and the capacity whose curiosity is strong came thing presently is hit 1 calmly it hits with the door approximately of my room, hitting almost napping, suddenly there. The ` which the `Tis visitor, ' I applied, the ぶ and kana hit with the door of my room - this simply, and what is many. '

11-17-2005 at 04:17 PM
Znirk
MartianInvader wrote:
From Japanese:

I nodded, but I am weak, it considers, becomes fatigued, but quaint of lore which is forgotten to midnight being lonesome to one time many and the capacity whose curiosity is strong came thing presently is hit 1 calmly it hits with the door approximately of my room, hitting almost napping, suddenly there. The ` which the `Tis visitor, ' I applied, the ぶ and kana hit with the door of my room - this simply, and what is many. '
Poe, The Raven, first verse.

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pondered, weak and weary,
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore--
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping,
As of some one gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door.
"'Tis some visitor," I muttered, "tapping at my chamber door-- Only this, and nothing more."

The following has briefly been Italian:

The operator of support in bell, that he was nearly morboso sensitive approximately the appearances, has used to have bowsprit unshipped once or a week to be revarnished two times and it happened more than once, when the moment has come for the substitution it, than nobody to edge could remember itself of which extremities of the ship have belonged. They have known was not useful minimum to make appeal to the operator of support in bell approximately it would only refer to its naval code and to read outside in the instructions pathetic of Ministry of navy of tones that no of they had never been able to understand - therefore that they have been concluded generally in relative who are fixed over, however, through the rudder. The helmsman it has used to make one pause with the breaches in its eyes; it has known that it was all the wrong one, but alas! Rule 42 of the code, "nobody will speak to the man to the rudder," it had been completed from the operator of support in same bell he with the words "and the man to the rudder will speak to nobody."
11-17-2005 at 04:47 PM
Mattcrampy
I was going to do mine in French because it was thematic, but it didn't work.

Also, why would I have said that it was more 'elementary' when it was clearly harder?

11-18-2005 at 08:17 AM
Znirk
Mattcrampy wrote:
Also, why would I have said that it was more 'elementary' when it was clearly harder?
You didn't; you said it would be less elementary. You've certainly delivered on that promise ;)

[Last edited by Znirk at 11-18-2005 12:12 PM : shplelling]
11-18-2005 at 12:12 PM
Mattcrampy
So, why is it that whenever I'm obliquely spilling features people are onto it like a shot but when I drop super-obvious hints, no-one notices?

Click here to view the secret text

11-18-2005 at 02:47 PM
Page 1 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Forum Games : Translate gibberish "tag"
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com