Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : SF feature requests?
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
zex20913
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1721
IP: Logged
icon SF feature requests? (0)  
Are these still getting new updates? I want to know for curiousity's sake.

07-09-2003 at 03:43 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
ErikH2000
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2794
icon Re: SF feature requests? (0)  
zex20913 wrote:
Are these still getting new updates? I want to know for curiousity's sake.
I'm going to copy-and-paste something I wrote earlier about this:

I wrote:
Ross wrote:
I'm quite impressed at how much thought and effort goes into actually thinking about new feature requests before they are accepted/rejected. It would be oh so easy to just say yes to everything and I'm impressed that you guys find the time to actually go through this stuff with the submitter.
Ah, now I'm feeling a bit sheepish. You are looking at the feature requests generated from a process that we are no longer following. Truthfully, I think the feature request process I originally came up with worked pretty well at first, but eventually some problems came up. One of them is that the amount of time it takes to respectfully respond to each feature request is large. Another is that there are a lot of fair ideas that I can't give a good reason for not using, but I just don't want to use them. Maybe they are simply too close to something else I want to do. I don't like putting the idea-submitters through a lot of trial-and-error due to my unknown design ideas. There is also the problem that I'm hoping to make some money from DROD, and I don't feel as comfortable asking for other people's ideas when they could be used in a commercial endeavor.

So although the feature requests are still up on SourceForge, and we'll be referring back to them later, the whole feedback process had to go. As a replacement, there is the "Feature Requests" board here, which is much less committal version of what we had before. I read every post there, but prefer not to comment too much. There've been some good ideas there lately. My favorites are the simple game elements that can be added easily to the game, yet suggest many opportunities for making puzzles.

-Erik

07-09-2003 at 04:03 AM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
zex20913
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1721
icon Re: SF feature requests? (0)  
Ah. Thank you.

07-09-2003 at 04:35 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : SF feature requests?
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com