Announcement: Remember: you are giving away your fantastic ideas for free, and somebody else might even make money from them (or appear to). That's just how the world works! If you're worried about it, maybe you shouldn't post your ideas here.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : "re-upload a single score"
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
eytanz
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2708
IP: Logged
icon "re-upload a single score" (+1)  
So, imagine I just scored a great 1st place score in a very difficult room in some hold, only to discover that the hold was updated the next day. The room I played wasn't altered, but I don't remember the solution, and since it's over 1200 turns long with no margin of error looking at the old demo would not be very helpful.

Currently, my only option is to upload all my scores, and wait for the spider, and hope that no-one else scores the same score before the spider kicks in.

What is missing is a "export a single demo" button. This would allow me to re-export demos for rooms which are particularly important to me; since it's just a single demo, it could take advantange of the built-in intergrity checks and not have to wait for the spider without taking hours.

It seems like a very simple functionality, I think it really should be added.

10-11-2005 at 04:26 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Schik
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5383
IP: Logged
icon Re: "re-upload a single score" (+1)  
eytanz wrote:
So, imagine I just scored a great 1st place score in a very difficult room in some hold, only to discover that the hold was updated the next day. The room I played wasn't altered, but I don't remember the solution, and since it's over 1200 turns long with no margin of error looking at the old demo would not be very helpful.

Currently, my only option is to upload all my scores, and wait for the spider, and hope that no-one else scores the same score before the spider kicks in.
I agree that a "Upload this demo" button would be nice, but not necessarily for this reason -- If your old demo is found to still work in the new version of the hold, it will be re-instated with the same submission date it previously had. So if someone else tied your #1 demo after the upgrade but before the spider reverified your old #1, you would still keep #1 after the spider okayed your demo.

10-11-2005 at 04:34 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : "re-upload a single score"
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com