Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Contests : Smite to the Death - Pre-Update Work (Update hold drafts get posted here first.)
<<4567
Page 8 of 8
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Mattcrampy
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2388
IP: Logged
icon Re: Smite to the Death - Pre-Update Work (0)  
There's been some discussion on how to do it, and some neat ideas for co-operative multiplayer have been thrown around.

11-06-2005 at 06:46 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Muiff
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 32
IP: Logged
icon Re: Smite to the Death - Pre-Update Work (0)  
Kevin wrote:
I think being earlier in the movement sequence was an advantage, but not enough of an advantage to make it worth the handicap. In many cases, having a lower number didn't really help at the beginning, because of how the starting positions were arranged. For example, players 26-45 all started near players that mostly had a lower number, but players 46-53 started near players that mostly had a higher number. In the beginning of the game, it would have been much better to be #46 than #30, because of the nearby players. Towards the end of the game, it was much more useful to have a low number, because all of the players were in the same area.
What about simply shuffling the starting positions?
11-07-2005 at 09:56 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
<<4567
Page 8 of 8
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Contests : Smite to the Death - Pre-Update Work (Update hold drafts get posted here first.)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com