Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : Academic Relief Thread
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
RoboBob3000
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1978
IP: Logged
icon Academic Relief Thread (+3)  
I just learned that I passed my Senior examinations for my mathematics major! I was so excited afterwards that I gathered up all the other math majors I knew and we threw a huge, wild... um... Scrabble tournament.

I'm still far from graduating, but I'm so relieved to be over this hump. I had a feeling that I'd have to retake it in November, and possibly even again in February, but it looks like I pulled through the first time!

If any of you are ever excited or even just relieved to be finished with anything huge in your academic career, share it here!

[Last edited by RoboBob3000 at 10-05-2005 07:25 PM]
10-05-2005 at 07:24 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
b0rsuk
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 489
IP: Logged
icon Re: Academic Relief Thread (0)  
I already said in another topic, but... hmm.

About 1 month ago I passed the last math exam. Something we call mathematical anal(i?/y?)sys. It's about integrals and derivatives, and it caused me to waste most of my summer holidays.

Some of you may say these aren't very tough. Yes, I know tougher tasks are possible, but that's not the point.
There was about 34 people in my group.
21 tried to write the exam in in first term. 5 of them succeeded.
Second term, 2 months later: around 10 people failed. (this is when I passed it. I had a lot of catching up so they didn't allow me to write first term)
Third term, several days later: several people failed.

There were 3 kinds of math on first year of my studies. Now there are none ! Everything we have now is related to computers. OS, awk, bash, and, err... english lessons.
Squirrels claim that advanced probability on 3rd year has something to do with integrals. Areas below curves blah blah.

http://www.gamasutra.com/features/20051128/adams_01.shtml
10-08-2005 at 09:33 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : Academic Relief Thread
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com