Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : 2.0.10 patch bug?!? (Bizarre)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Andy101
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 222
IP: Logged

File: Images.zip (721.7 KB)
Downloaded 50 times.
License: All Rights Reserved
icon 2.0.10 patch bug?!? (0)  
Having patched from 2.0.9 to 2.0.10 I encountered the folowing problem; When I run the game the button text is wrong and some buttons have disappeared altogether :? although I have to admit that some of the new labels are quite funny, see attached screen shots.

Also on running the game two files, stderr and stdout.txt are created on my desktop.

[Last edited by Andy101 at 10-09-2005 09:20 AM]
10-03-2005 at 09:24 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
icon Re: 2.0.10 patch bug?!? (0)  
Yikes. Too many people downloaded the patch too quickly! I got it, had a crash to desktop instantly, and told Mike about it. He took it down to fix it and will hopefully put it back up, fixed, soon. Just sit tight...really sorry!

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
10-03-2005 at 09:27 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Andy101

File: drod.err (173.4 KB)
Downloaded 44 times.
License: Public Domain
Oh, and here is my drod.err file

10-03-2005 at 09:28 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Andy101
Oneiromancer wrote:
Yikes. Too many people downloaded the patch too quickly! I got it, had a crash to desktop instantly, and told Mike about it. He took it down to fix it and will hopefully put it back up, fixed, soon. Just sit tight...really sorry!

Game on,

Ok, thanks although I find it quite funny when the exit screen buttons give me options of back or Mike Rimer

Also, is there anyway of saving my recent progress etc. or is this going to need a reinstall?

[Last edited by Andy101 at 10-03-2005 09:32 PM]
10-03-2005 at 09:31 PM
mrimer
Rank Points: 5056
Andy101 wrote:
Oneiromancer wrote:

Game on,

Ok, thanks although I find it quite funny when the exit screen buttons give me options of back or Mike Rimer

Also, is there anyway of saving my recent progress etc. or is this going to need a reinstall?
Oh, man...This type of faux-pas fills me with hysterical laughter. Sorry about that. I've posted a fixed patch. Just install this patch and everything should be back to normal.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
10-03-2005 at 10:15 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Chris
Rank Points: 144
Is there a source patch available?
10-04-2005 at 12:00 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
mrimer
Chris wrote:
Sure. It's coming soon.

10-04-2005 at 12:14 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Banjooie
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1645
I want the invincibility option back! :(

I saw it, damn you! Right in there!
10-04-2005 at 08:05 AM
mrimer
Banjooie wrote:
I want the invincibility option back! :(

I saw it, damn you! Right in there!
I don't know what you're talking about, and please don't swear at me.

10-04-2005 at 03:58 PM
Andy101
When the text was messed up by the buggy patch one of the options on the settings screen became invinciblity.

Having re patched with the new 2.0.10 patch I am still encounterring the problem of DROD sometimes creating stderr.txt and stdout.txt on my desktop when it is run :?

[Last edited by Andy101 at 10-04-2005 05:37 PM]
10-04-2005 at 05:35 PM
Oneiromancer
Rank Points: 2936
Andy101 wrote:
Having re patched with the new 2.0.10 patch I am still encounterring the problem of DROD sometimes creating stderr.txt and stdout.txt on my desktop when it is run :?
That's not a problem, it's more or less typical behavior. Usually the stderr.txt and stdout.txt files are created inside the DROD directory, and then they are removed when you close the program down. If DROD crashes, then the files don't get removed. I don't think there's any reason why you can't delete them when DROD isn't running. As for why they're on your desktop...it might depend on where you run DROD from...but I'm not quite sure on that at all.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
10-04-2005 at 05:43 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Andy101
Oneiromancer wrote:
Andy101 wrote:
That's not a problem, it's more or less typical behavior. Usually the stderr.txt and stdout.txt files are created inside the DROD directory, and then they are removed when you close the program down. If DROD crashes, then the files don't get removed. I don't think there's any reason why you can't delete them when DROD isn't running. As for why they're on your desktop...it might depend on where you run DROD from...but I'm not quite sure on that at all.

Game on,

About 50% of the time they are created in the DROD directory but sometimes I get what sounds like an error sound on starting DROD and they then appear on my desktop :?

10-04-2005 at 05:58 PM
mrimer
Andy101 wrote:
When the text was messed up by the buggy patch one of the options on the settings screen became invinciblity.
Oh! Scripted NPCs can have invincibility turned on so the player either can't or doesn't accidentally kill them (e.g. Halph in the first room of JtRH). In the room editor, place a character and try out some scripting!

10-04-2005 at 07:50 PM
Banjooie
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1645
Mrimer: I wasn't intending to be offensive, I'm sorry. I know it's a scripting option, and the fact the bug made it show in settings amused the daylights out of me.

Hm. Invincible Beethro. Yeah, that'd make the game a spot easier.
10-06-2005 at 06:55 AM
Chris
mrimer wrote:
Chris wrote:
Sure. It's coming soon.
It is available yet? I can't find it anywhere.

Also, the Linux binary patch still seems to be for 2.0.9.

Chris.
10-27-2005 at 03:01 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
mrimer
Chris wrote:
mrimer wrote:
Chris wrote:
Sure. It's coming soon.
It is available yet? I can't find it anywhere.
Yes. You may always find it from this thread.

10-27-2005 at 03:51 PM
Chris
Are you referring to the link to http://www.caravelgames.com/sourcecode.html at the top of that thread?

If so, all I can find there is the whole tarball. I was hoping to find a source code patch. You know, the output of a diff between the 2.0.9 tree and the 2.0.10 tree, so I can apply it to my source tree.

Or is the patch buried somewhere deeper in that thread?
10-27-2005 at 05:23 PM
mrimer
Chris wrote:
Are you referring to the link to http://www.caravelgames.com/sourcecode.html at the top of that thread?
Yes.
If so, all I can find there is the whole tarball. I was hoping to find a source code patch. You know, the output of a diff between the 2.0.9 tree and the 2.0.10 tree, so I can apply it to my source tree.

Or is the patch buried somewhere deeper in that thread?
Ah, I understand now. Sorry, I don't have a source patch available and don't plan to release one with each incremental release.

10-27-2005 at 05:26 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : 2.0.10 patch bug?!? (Bizarre)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com