Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Development : Drod Moviment System By me (DMS 1.0)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
vittro
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 479
IP: Logged
icon Drod Moviment System By me (+1)  
http://superv.altervista.org/DMS.exe

/\\
||
||
||
|| - - -> Download here!

This is the drod moviment ssystem created on multimedia fusion .
If anyone wants the source code i send it by a PM.

10-03-2005 at 01:54 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
ErikH2000
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2794
icon Re: Drod Moviment System By me (0)  
Vittro, the URL above doesn't work. Also is the exe supposed to run an installer or launch something immediately?

-Erik

10-04-2005 at 01:55 AM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Doom
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3226
icon Re: Drod Moviment System By me (+1)  
The URL above worked for me yesterday and it's still working.

The file launches the program immediately. Basically, it's just Beethro on a grid.
10-04-2005 at 05:51 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
jamie
Rank Points: 365
It seems to not want to include "hotlinking".

So, type the URL directly (rather than following the link) and it works!

10-04-2005 at 12:39 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
vittro
Doom wrote:
The URL above worked for me yesterday and it's still working.

The file launches the program immediately. Basically, it's just Beethro on a grid.

Hey, i have created only a moviment system! This is hard! And for all that dont work go on my site www.superv.altervista.org go to section (GIOCHI) and download the DLLS

10-05-2005 at 01:39 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
bradwall
Rank Points: 423
Does it simply move Beethro for you?
I have not downloaded it yet.

A while back, I did create a program that had the computer actually play DROD for me. It didn't make any decisions for me. It simply performed keystrokes based on the room that I was in.

Nothing too hard. I just created a Robot in Java that acutally navigated my computer, opened DROD, and started playing from level 1 and on. It really wasn't very fancy. It was really just playing around with the Robot object in Java.
10-05-2005 at 02:52 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
vittro
bradwall wrote:
Does it simply move Beethro for you?
I have not downloaded it yet.

A while back, I did create a program that had the computer actually play DROD for me. It didn't make any decisions for me. It simply performed keystrokes based on the room that I was in.

Nothing too hard. I just created a Robot in Java that acutally navigated my computer, opened DROD, and started playing from level 1 and on. It really wasn't very fancy. It was really just playing around with the Robot object in Java.

Please, you can send it to me? Please :)

10-05-2005 at 07:48 PM
bradwall
vittro wrote:

Crap... I can't find the code for it anymore. I don't know what computer I have it on or if I have it anymore. I will try finding it. If I can't find it, I can probably program it again... it really wasn't too hard.
10-06-2005 at 05:41 PM
vittro
bradwall wrote:
vittro wrote:

Crap... I can't find the code for it anymore. I don't know what computer I have it on or if I have it anymore. I will try finding it. If I can't find it, I can probably program it again... it really wasn't too hard.
I hope you find it :)

10-06-2005 at 06:57 PM
AlefBet
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 979
If it was made in Java and you still have the .class file, you can decompile that pretty easily with tools you can find on the web. Just about the only things you lose this way are local variable names and comments.

++Adam H. Peterson
10-06-2005 at 07:02 PM
bradwall
AlefBet wrote:
If it was made in Java and you still have the .class file, you can decompile that pretty easily with tools you can find on the web. Just about the only things you lose this way are local variable names and comments.

Well, not really. I do a lot of programming for companies from home and have made a big habit of obfuscating all of my class files when I compile. But, my main problem is that I can't find the class files anymore or anything like that. I will probably have to recode it, if I decide it is worth it. I probably should have posted it. I had it read a file that had all of the moves that I wanted it to take and it would actually start DROD, start a new game, and start playing through it.

Sorry that I didn't keep it... or lost it... or whatever. I will check some of my backup disks to see if I have it somewhere. I rarely lose things like this, but... I have been known to be an idiot.

10-06-2005 at 09:13 PM
Insane
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 154
the file doesn't work for me. some kinda CNS######.dll Missing.

-Insane
10-08-2005 at 07:58 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Krishh
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 282
Bradwall. If you ever find that, delete it, format the hard drive it was on, and then burn the drive. Actually, just don't share it. Considering the demo analysis tools already available, it's probably possible to do something like that, only making the file it read the moves from a demo file, allowing automatic copying of Caravelnet demos.

[Last edited by Krishh at 10-13-2005 03:21 PM]
10-11-2005 at 08:01 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
bradwall
Krishh wrote:
Bradwall. If you ever find that, delete it, format the hard drive it was on, and then burn the drive. Actually, just don't share it. Considering the demo analysis toos lready available, it's probably possible to do something like that, only making the file it read the moves from a demo file, allowing automatic copying of Caravelnet demos.

I only did it to play around with Java's Robot API. It was really just a teaching moment for myself. I could make the Robot perform commands, so I thought that I would just have it play a game... and what game could be better???

I didn't keep it around because it was just garbage code. Nothing of great importance. Just for fun.
10-11-2005 at 10:17 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Development : Drod Moviment System By me (DMS 1.0)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com