Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : I Ching Contest Entries : Deliverance (Bibelot) : 1 South, 1 West (Impossible to complete deliverence level as two rooms are impossible to backtrack)
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
Andy101
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 222
IP: Logged
icon I Ching Contest Entries : Deliverance (Bibelot) : 1 South, 1 West (0)  
Rooms 1SW and 1S appear to be impossible to backtrack through and as you access the exit from the entrance room this appears to make the level impossible :?

However someone appears to have completed this level on caravellnet :? :? :?

Am I just being stupid or is there something strange going on here?

[Last edited by Andy101 at 09-22-2005 10:36 AM]
09-21-2005 at 04:55 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Rabscuttle
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2460
icon Re: I Ching Contest Entries : Deliverance (Bibelot) : 1 South, 1 West (+1)  

Something strange is going on.

The room with all the scrolls is impossible with JtRH style brains.

However, you can get scores for later rooms by completing the room under Architect's Edition, then exporting your player and importing it into JtRH and restoring to a point beyond the impossible room.
09-22-2005 at 07:55 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Andy101
icon Re: I Ching Contest Entries : Deliverance (Bibelot) : 1 South, 1 West (+1)  
I think I now know how I can return through 1S to the entrance by not completing it when I first pass through. I still can't see how to drop the green door in 1sw but leave a 3*2 clump of tar to use to leave the room uncompleted.

The room with the scrolls however is beatable in jtrh.

[Last edited by Andy101 at 09-22-2005 10:36 AM]
09-22-2005 at 10:24 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Andy101
icon Re: I Ching Contest Entries : Deliverance (Bibelot) : 1 South, 1 West (+4)  
Done it now :D

09-22-2005 at 10:41 AM
Rabscuttle
Rank Points: 2460
icon Re: I Ching Contest Entries : Deliverance (Bibelot) : 1 South, 1 West (0)  
:-O

I'm gobsmacked.

Wow.

And the really frustrating part is that that hold is on the computer that I am currently not on and won't be until the weekend. argh!
09-22-2005 at 02:40 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
martz
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 414
My problem with this is leaving the room uncleared. I managed it easily enough in AE, but different "brained roaches through force arrows" behavior in JtRH makes this more difficult.

There's only one possible place you can leave a 3x2 piece of tar to destroy after you've cleared the room, but the best I can manage is killing one tar mother just before the spawn, and I'd need a few more moves to kill the babies and remaining mother.

Assuming this has actually been done in JtRH, can anyone show me how???

Progress - Gavin G
05-22-2006 at 04:04 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
martz
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 414
Ahhh, I didn't think it would be possible to leave a 3x2 piece of tar in the western section, but clearly I was wrong :)

Progress - Gavin G
05-23-2006 at 09:39 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Ezlo
Rank Points: 1214
Okay. I need help as well with making a 3*2 blob. I've figured it has something to do with stabbing it like gel on an eye, but I can't get more than that. Bit of help please?

EDIT: Yay! H&S Syndrome strikes again!

[Last edited by Ezlo at 04-19-2007 03:59 AM]
04-19-2007 at 03:42 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
eleasmom
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 11
I'm stuck here. I can leave a blob on the west, but then the babies spawn and the green door doesn't drop when I kill the brains. I can't figure out how to leave a blob on the east.
07-31-2010 at 01:13 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
stigant
Rank Points: 1182
Ok, I'm stuck on this one... anybody got any hints or a demo?

06-16-2012 at 02:06 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Dragon Fogel
Rank Points: 2430
Bumping this because I just did this and people may still want answers.

Click here to view the secret text

04-28-2016 at 04:02 AM
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : I Ching Contest Entries : Deliverance (Bibelot) : 1 South, 1 West (Impossible to complete deliverence level as two rooms are impossible to backtrack)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com