Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : King Dugan's Dungeon 2.0 : Seventh Level : 2 South (It makes me cry.)
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
XNC
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 12
IP: Logged
icon King Dugan's Dungeon 2.0 : Seventh Level : 2 South (+1)  
After recently purchasing DROD: JTRH at the Dragonflight con, I decided to first beat KDD before moving on to JTRH itself. However, this room is giving me the greatest difficulties.

I can kill four queens; two from the top that run down after I enter, and two more on the left and bottom most pod-like room. Does any person have suggestions (or a demo if no good ideas are volunteered) for the best way to go about beating this room?

This is my final room and it's giving me a headache. :~(

Many thanks!

09-02-2005 at 08:10 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
XNC
Rank Points: 12
icon Re: King Dugan's Dungeon 2.0 : Seventh Level : 2 South (+1)  
Hah, as these things tend to go, I beat the room the first try after I made the post.

Sorry.

09-02-2005 at 08:15 AM
silver
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 915
icon Re: King Dugan's Dungeon 2.0 : Seventh Level : 2 South (0)  
No worries, that happens to a large percentage of posters here :). A lot of rooms just require one to "sleep on it", or to try explaining the problem to someone else, before the solution becomes self-evident.

09-02-2005 at 09:30 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
By the way, as a secret room, it's not necessary for you to beat this room on your first time through the dungeon. In order to get 100% completion you will need to beat the secret rooms, but the game will still count it if you restore back to find the secret rooms after you've gotten farther in the game. So you can get them on your way down, or come back later if they're too hard (this works for any unrequired room, the ones that show up as pink on the minimap in the corner.)

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
09-02-2005 at 03:53 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
J.L.
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 38
I need help on this room too. And I don't see myself finishing it on my own very soon.
10-14-2005 at 05:53 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
The only hint I can think of right now is that you need to learn where you can make a stand and kill as many roaches as possible...mostly by stepping. Also, sometimes it is possible to run headlong into danger with the ortho-squares when it would kill you without them, because you have extra time to turn your sword.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
10-14-2005 at 06:32 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
bandit1200
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 290
This room is driving me mad! Mad, I tell ye! And it's the last one I need. I simply can't get anywhere at all apart from the queen that ends up at sw.

On another note, can you, and do you need to, reach the previously unreachable NW room in level 13?
10-26-2005 at 10:17 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
agaricus5
Rank Points: 1838
icon Re: King Dugan's Dungeon 2.0 : Seventh Level : 2 South (+2)  
This was a hard room, I agree, but there are one or two things you can do to manipulate roaches, which will make it easier.

First...

Click here to view the secret text

Also...

Being bold, like Oneiromancer said, is also helpful since...

For this room in particular...

[Last edited by agaricus5 at 10-26-2005 11:05 AM]
10-26-2005 at 11:04 AM
Oneiromancer
bandit1200 wrote:
On another note, can you, and do you need to, reach the previously unreachable NW room in level 13?
Since Wesley answered your first question very well, I'll say that no, you don't have to find that room on level 13. It is indeed possible though.

Game on,

10-26-2005 at 03:39 PM
bandit1200
Oneiromancer wrote:
bandit1200 wrote:
Since Wesley answered your first question very well, I'll say that no, you don't have to find that room on level 13. It is indeed possible though.

Game on,
Ah, I always (mis)understood it was not possible to reach that room. Now I'll *have* to find the path. More wasted time! ;)
10-26-2005 at 06:39 PM
Oneiromancer
bandit1200 wrote:
Ah, I always (mis)understood it was not possible to reach that room. Now I'll *have* to find the path. More wasted time! ;)
No, it's true, it didn't used to be possible. The path was opened up for 2.0...I think Cramp did it (but I usually misremember who does what).

Game on,

10-26-2005 at 06:43 PM
bandit1200
Thanks Wes, I went back and finished it in the usual, "leave it alone for a while," way. All done and dusted.
10-26-2005 at 08:20 PM
donbrovar
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 19

File: KDD20 Seventh Level 2S.demo (2.2 KB)
Downloaded 78 times.
License: Public Domain
I still cant do it :(. I can kill 2 queens that come from the top to the bottom. But i don't know how to kill queens in bottom
left corner. I can enter to this small place bu i always have roach behind me when i am at the corner and want to swing sword.

Ive attached demo.

It is last secret for me to complete the game. Please help me !!!
08-02-2008 at 04:44 PM
CuriousShyRabbit
Rank Points: 3170
icon Re: King Dugan's Dungeon 2.0 : Seventh Level : 2 South (+1)  
I've watched the beginning of your demo. When I do this, I usually rush into the SW corner first, before the roaches from the N reach me. The way you do it, you can't rush in there, because two roach queens move S as you enter the room. If you change the way you enter the room, you can have only one roach queen move all the way S, and you'll have time to rush into the SW corner too.

08-03-2008 at 12:20 AM
donbrovar
Rank Points: 19
Thanks for help i did it 5 min after I read it :D Now the master door
08-03-2008 at 08:06 AM
DCLeadboot
Rank Points: 17
Having just finished JtRH, I'm returning to King Dugan's Dungeon to polish off the secrets.

I hate to pull up an old thread, but I can't even reach the bottom-left cell safely due to the extreme weight of numbers!
I'm barely done killing off one spawn when another takes its place!
If I try to move in directly after, they're already crawling up my backside! :thumbsdown

Or at least, I'm lucky if I get further...

--EDIT--
Darn! It's true - there's a weird almost-supernatural effect with this forum that as soon as you post to report a difficulty on a room... BAM! You beat it!
But, in the case of this room, I certainly had to be aggressive

[Last edited by DCLeadboot at 09-16-2010 05:24 PM]
09-16-2010 at 05:02 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
waib120
Rank Points: 10

File: Capture Drod KDD 7th level 2S.PNG (1.1 MB)
Downloaded 75 times.
Hi everybody,

I found this specific room very hard to be beat. I still didn't beat it. Can someone attach a demo so that I move forward into the game ?
Currently, I've beat the southwest corner and find it is very hard to move to the north or to reach any east position. At every spawn of roaches, I'm blocked. See image I attach.
05-07-2014 at 05:13 PM
Kwerulous
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 340

File: KDD20 Seventh Level 2S Victory.demo (2.9 KB)
Downloaded 72 times.
Not the most elegant I'm sure, but hopefully this will provide some insight!
05-07-2014 at 05:38 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
waib120
Rank Points: 10
Kwerulous wrote:
Not the most elegant I'm sure, but hopefully this will provide some insight!

I'm sorry I can't see your demo. Are you sure it is for DROD King Dugan's Dungeon 2.0 ? Maybe I don't have the latest version of this game. How can I see the version of my game ?

After you saw my image, can you tell me I was on the right direction to conquer this room ?
05-07-2014 at 08:11 PM
Kwerulous
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 340

File: KDD20 Seventh Level 2S Victory .demo (2.3 KB)
Downloaded 75 times.
Ah yes, mine was for DROD 4.0 - I didn't notice you were in 2.0. Okay, I just loaded up KDD in 2.0 and speed ran though levels 1-6 and tried the room again*. The result is actually a less efficient demo, but hopefully this should help!

*Alright, I got to level 4 and used the warp room

Also, it's difficult to tell from the image -- but I would guess 'yes, you can solve the room from that position'.
05-07-2014 at 09:09 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
pamacdon
Rank Points: 20
Whew!! This was a tough one. So tense until i got the west side done as there are no saves. A few hints in here really helped.
07-01-2022 at 04:39 AM
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : King Dugan's Dungeon 2.0 : Seventh Level : 2 South (It makes me cry.)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com