Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : Good Online Games
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Mattcrampy
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2388
IP: Logged
icon Good Online Games (0)  
Let's say I want to play an online game. I don't want to download something (unless it's a client) and I'm already bored with PopCap's offerings and looking for something multiplayer, or so new and innovative that it'll sustain me for a couple of weeks.

Of course, if someone can point me in the direction of an online Tetris, that's good too.

To kick it off, may I recommend Acrophobia. It recently got re-released and butchered, but it's still a good concept.

You basically make acronyms. So DROD, apart from being Deadly Rooms of Death, could also be Danger! Robert's on Drugs, or Dirty Rangers Over Done.

And then you vote.

And then you get points.

And then there's Faceoff, where you have to make some more acronyms. But there's only two people so you've got to be better than the other guy.

Anyway, it's here: http://www.uproar.com/games/games.asp?category=wordgames but you need to sign up, which is a pain and a half.

Matt

[Edited by Mattcrampy on 07-03-2003 at 06:33 AM GMT: Whoops, no it isn't.]

07-03-2003 at 07:30 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Innocuous Innominate
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
icon Re: Good Online Games (0)  
Clevermedia has the best golf on the net, with weekly leaderboards for each course. Their Star Conquest is also worth checking out, you never have any idea what you're doing so it makes you feel that much better when you accomplish something.

Clickmazes, Logic Mazes, and Joker Games are also some cool sites.

[Edited by Innocuous Innominate on 07-03-2003 at 02:46 PM]

[Edited by Innocuous Innominate on 07-03-2003 at 02:47 PM]
07-03-2003 at 03:45 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Innocuous Innominate
Also, as of my last check, BrainBout is still the only free online real-time multiplayer trivia game on the net. The questions repeat themselves a lot more than they should, there's usually no other good players on, and there's no chat, but when it's the only free online real-time multiplayer trivia game on the net, you have to settle.
07-03-2003 at 04:42 PM
Innocuous Innominate
I just discovered NationStates a couple of days ago. You start your own country and then decide how to run it by answering a political issue each day, and any decision you make tends to get blown way out of proportion. Plus they have a really huge forum.
08-08-2003 at 06:29 PM
ClaytonW
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 961
As far as unique online games go, I've become a huge fan of Ferry Halim's site: Orisinal. These games are very unique, clean (no gore), addicting, and irresistably cute. I highly reccommend it.

Also, if you search through the archives (or sometimes on the main page) at B3ta.com, you're likely to find some really quirkly, but occasionally naughty, flash games.
08-08-2003 at 08:50 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : Good Online Games
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com