Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Journey to Rooted Hold : Twenty-Second Level : Secret room (I would think that this one would be easier, because there are currently no topics on it...)
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
cheese obsessive
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 219
IP: Logged
icon Journey to Rooted Hold : Twenty-Second Level : Secret room (0)  
The secret room at
Click here to view the secret text
Is annoying the crap out of me. I just can't seem to make enough time to head up the one-lane paths to kill the roaches and come back out without the slayer waiting for me. This is the last secret room I have to do to get to the dreamplane, but I just can't do it. I just think I am not being efficient enough breaking the walls or something. Please help me. :D
08-15-2005 at 08:03 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Blondbeard
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1486
icon Re: Journey to Rooted Hold : Twenty-Second Level : Secret room (+2)  
Well... When I did this room I didnīt know that the slayer enters only on multiples of 5 and only if you are not too close to the entering point. If you didnīt know that I supose it is usefull information. Other than that

08-15-2005 at 09:13 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
cheese obsessive
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 219
Yay! The dreamplane is so cool. Who is responsible for the art? I am guessing Erik. It is quite good. :D

I can safely say that now, after beating the JtRH hold, that DROD is the greatest game. EVER. Bravo on a game well done. :thumbsup
08-16-2005 at 04:06 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
xramer
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 13
icon Re: Journey to Rooted Hold : Twenty-Second Level : Secret room (0)  
I can't figure this room out.
From my reckoning, I have 32 moves afforded by wisp-evading to get to the 2nd roach (got the 1st roach fine), but I need to be 46 ahead just to get to the roach and escape unharmed, that's not including breaking wall/change of sword direction moves. Am I missing a loop that'll afford me more? Sigh.

08-25-2006 at 11:50 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
xramer
Never mind. Solved. Ten minutes after posting. Duh.

08-26-2006 at 12:39 AM
FROST
Rank Points: 14
The hints in this thread are not helpful outside of the obvious 5 move rule on the part of the slayer. I can get to the first roach but get cornered after that.

Any other help would be appreciated...
11-17-2013 at 04:18 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
JLE
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 46
I solved it by

Now the only thing left is to wonder whether the Slayer is in fact killable in this room...

[Last edited by JLE at 09-16-2015 11:20 PM]
09-16-2015 at 11:19 PM
Olego
JLE wrote:
Now the only thing left is to wonder whether the Slayer is in fact killable in this room...
I managed to kill him by standing on the arrow pointing down (21,14). He was coming from the left side, and I guess he got confused by not being able to move in my direction. That made solving the room a LOT easier.

He reappeared in subsequent rooms, though. :)
08-13-2016 at 12:05 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Journey to Rooted Hold : Twenty-Second Level : Secret room (I would think that this one would be easier, because there are currently no topics on it...)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com