Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Journey to Rooted Hold : Eighth Level : 5 South (5S 2E (and farther E))
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
grandmoo
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 17
IP: Logged
icon Journey to Rooted Hold : Eighth Level : 5 South (0)  
Not wanting any hints (yet) about how to do these 5S rooms, this blind wanderer can't figure out how to GET to these rooms... Back in 3S 1E, I went thru the tunnels until i was at the top of the South room, in that next hall, but the next tunnel is blocked by a blue door. When I go N from 3S 1E, I land nowhere helpful ... Can anyone help me navigate the maze?

08-03-2005 at 07:19 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Alneyan
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 622
icon Re: Journey to Rooted Hold : Eighth Level : 5 South (0)  
You aren't expected to visit the 5S rooms right now, and so you cannot reach them at the moment; you will be able to get to them in time, and they aren't needed to drop the blue door.

[Last edited by Alneyan at 08-03-2005 10:13 AM]
08-03-2005 at 10:12 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
grandmoo
Thank you; by "in time," do I understand you correctly that these rooms are required to complete level 8? I'm confused!:unsure

Alneyan wrote:
You aren't expected to visit the 5S rooms right now, and so you cannot reach them at the moment; you will be able to get to them in time, and they aren't needed to drop the blue door.
:unsure

08-03-2005 at 10:58 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Alneyan
Rank Points: 622
icon Re: Journey to Rooted Hold : Eighth Level : 5 South (+1)  
They aren't directly required, as per the required flag in the game: the blue doors will drop without conquering the 5S rooms.

Still, you will need to conquer them if you want to leave the level because of their green doors, and they stand between you and the exit.
08-03-2005 at 11:42 AM
krammer
Rank Points: 904
In other words - the only way to them is through the blue doors. Come back when you've conquered all other rooms and get the "Exit Level" message.

"Oook!"
08-03-2005 at 12:35 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
grandmoo
Thank you! I thought you only got "EXIT LEVEL" after all the monsters were killed... this sounds like a general pattern that I missed, and one that I can take with me to Level 9 and beyond if I don't die from loss of sleep over JtRH first! O:-

krammer wrote:
In other words - the only way to them is through the blue doors. Come back when you've conquered all other rooms and get the "Exit Level" message.

08-03-2005 at 04:41 PM
junglejane
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 55
I am unable to find a way to get to 5S
Click here to view the secret text

And How and Where and Who..... Rudyard Kipling
02-15-2011 at 08:45 PM
mxvladi
Rank Points: 2505
icon Re: Journey to Rooted Hold : Eighth Level : 5 South (+2)  

02-15-2011 at 09:11 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
junglejane
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 55
mxvladi wrote:
Thank you. I had run back and forth acrosa the bottom... Just didn't have my sword in right position.

And How and Where and Who..... Rudyard Kipling
02-16-2011 at 12:15 PM
rchandra
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 12
I found and solved this room during the slayer chase. After I left, I seemed to be trapped as I could no longer continue the path to the exit, and if I leave I end up back in the normal part of the level (where I need the slayer to help me through some gates, but he is no longer there.)

Do I need to restore to an earlier room and then do this room again later? Sadly I didn't hit the checkpoint after solving it, either.
06-23-2015 at 06:05 AM
tempestadept
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 141
You don't need to solve it again. Secrets don't need to be solved on the main save, their status is remembered for the player account.
06-23-2015 at 06:56 AM
rchandra
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 12
OK, I restored to an earlier point in the chase but now the room isn't on my map, and I've lost it from my explored/completed total. I'm confused, sorry :(.
06-23-2015 at 07:19 AM
Dragon Fogel
Rank Points: 2434
The explored/completed is just for that particular save. There's no global stat for that.

When you finish a hold, you get told what percentage of secret rooms you found, and they'll always contribute to that percentage even if you didn't do them all on one save.
06-23-2015 at 07:33 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Nuntar
Rank Points: 4591
If you're playing in JtRH 5.0, I scripted the room to the north so you can resume the Slayer chase after solving 5S. An exit to the east opens, so you can go into 4S1E, then return, and the Slayer will be with you.

06-23-2015 at 12:38 PM
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Journey to Rooted Hold : Eighth Level : 5 South (5S 2E (and farther E))
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com