Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : King Dugan's Dungeon 2.0 : Twenty-Second Level : 1 South, 1 East
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
Unkillable Cat
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 18
IP: Logged
icon King Dugan's Dungeon 2.0 : Twenty-Second Level : 1 South, 1 East (0)  
I've beem finding a fair bit of the new secret rooms in KDD, but this is the first one that actually has me stumped.

I know I'm supposed to align the mimics in a certain direction and I know I'm supposed to position myself on a certain spot so that when the roaches show up, I can squash them all without any of them crossing the arrows.

But I can't figure out where to turn and where to stand. The best setup I've found is turning clockwise twice and standing three to four squares east of the up arrow, but one roaches always escapes me (in the box above me).

I also notice that the mimic in the box to the right of me can "trap" his roaches so that I can deal with them later. I can also sometimes trap one roach above the mimic in the box above me.

Any pointers?

(The irony of the situation is that at the time of writing, I'm also stuck in the secret room of Level 22 of JtRH. There's a voodoo curse involved somehow, I just know it.)
07-30-2005 at 01:31 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
icon Re: King Dugan's Dungeon 2.0 : Twenty-Second Level : 1 South, 1 East (0)  
Yeah, this is the hardest of the secret rooms. Maybe even a little unfair too, but we needed a new challenge, right? ...right?

Anyway, you've got the right idea on the section to your right. After watching my demo from testing, I have 2 hints for you:
Click here to view the secret text

Good luck!

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
07-30-2005 at 01:49 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Unkillable Cat
Still stuck. The problem now is the two roaches in the upper right box. I can arrange the mimics so that the bottom right one blocks his roaches, and that the top mimic can dispatch of one roach and save the other one for later.

But the thing is, the top right mimic cannot kill the lower roach because the upper roach is blocking him! Like so:

MR.
.\\R

Why wasn't Beethro sensible enough to bring a gun along?
07-30-2005 at 01:08 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
icon Re: King Dugan's Dungeon 2.0 : Twenty-Second Level : 1 South, 1 East (+2)  
More explicitly:
Click here to view the secret text

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
07-30-2005 at 09:09 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Unkillable Cat
Thanks for the info. What I was missing was the 4 times bit, I kept approaching them head on, instead of doing it the right way.

Level 22 completed, now on to Level 23...and the dreaded 1N.
07-30-2005 at 10:26 PM
cbemom
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 36
another thanks for the help!

11-09-2011 at 08:36 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : King Dugan's Dungeon 2.0 : Twenty-Second Level : 1 South, 1 East
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com