Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Unfortunate Architect Compilation : Restricted Resources : 1 North, 1 West
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
larrymurk
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1911
IP: Logged
icon Unfortunate Architect Compilation : Restricted Resources : 1 North, 1 West (0)  
timer 1, ww- not hard
timer 2, snake eyes gblin- hard
timer 3, snakes goblins roaches- very hard
timer 4, ww eyes roaches- easy (hmmm...)
orb and roach horde- impossible

clearly hitting the orb with no help is suicide, so

Click here to view the secret text

then i tried

any hints?
07-28-2005 at 02:39 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Stefan
Rank Points: 2119
icon Re: Unfortunate Architect Compilation : Restricted Resources : 1 North, 1 West (0)  

08-10-2005 at 12:32 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
larrymurk
Rank Points: 1911
icon Re: Unfortunate Architect Compilation : Restricted Resources : 1 North, 1 West (0)  
Thanks for the help, I got it with your first 2 hints. I sort of cheated on the rest of the room to test this section. I might save this room for a little later. You might say this hold is a tad difficult.
08-11-2005 at 01:31 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
agaricus5
Rank Points: 1838
Stefan wrote:
For some reason, that reminds me of something I've seen before in another hold, although I can't remember what it is.

08-11-2005 at 01:48 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
silver
Rank Points: 915
larrymurk wrote:
then i tried

I like the casual way you write that as though it were somehow possible to get the first ww out of the first chamber while making the timer.

edit: nevermind, I found the spot to get the WW to so that it follows you into the second chamber.

[Last edited by silver at 05-06-2007 08:02 PM]
05-06-2007 at 12:08 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
haaazmaju
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 13
any chance of a demo? This room got me just too frustrated
08-02-2013 at 05:06 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Dragon Fogel
Rank Points: 2434
Last room on this floor and I'm not getting anywhere with it.

The main problem I'm having is

This isn't compatible with my current method of clearing the chamber at all, so I'm going to need a new plan but I have no idea where to start.
07-17-2015 at 06:19 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
martz
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 414
My general method for second chamber is:

Kill the serpent in the trap doors
Take out the eyes along the top (whilst triggering the ones in the SE)
The wraithwing should be over the trapdoors now
Loop round killing the bottom eye and pushing the wraithwing onto the force arrow

I can provide a demo if necessary

Progress - Gavin G

[Last edited by martz at 07-17-2015 07:14 PM : Misread original request]
07-17-2015 at 07:11 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Dragon Fogel
Yeah, I think I need a demo, I just can't see how to manage all that with a goblin getting in the way.
07-17-2015 at 09:19 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
martz
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 414

File: UAC Restricted Resources 1N1W Victory.demo (7.1 KB)
Downloaded 48 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Re: Unfortunate Architect Compilation : Restricted Resources : 1 North, 1 West (+1)  
Demo attached

Progress - Gavin G
07-17-2015 at 09:37 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Dragon Fogel
Thanks, got it now. The rest of the compilation should be more manageable, hopefully.
07-17-2015 at 11:51 PM
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Unfortunate Architect Compilation : Restricted Resources : 1 North, 1 West
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com