Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : Looking for free DDR-style games (Except, without the D.)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
TripleM
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1373
IP: Logged
icon Looking for free DDR-style games (0)  
I remember in a forum (it wasn't this one) a long time ago someone giving a link to a free game - in the rhythm/dance genre, but pressing keys on the keyboard in time to music rather than using an actual dancepad.
I've had a bit of troubling searching for something like that though, its hard to know what exactly to search for (as you can probably tell by the topic..)

Does anyone know if something like that exists?
07-21-2005 at 04:19 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Schik
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5381
icon Re: Looking for free DDR-style games (+1)  
I used to play Flash Flash Revolution sometimes. It even has online multiplayer and keeps all kind of stats. It's been a long time since I've played, but at a quick glance it still appears to be there and is free.

07-21-2005 at 04:28 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Banjooie
Rank Points: 1645
You might try that whole Stepmania thing if you're into a bit more work in getting your songs and things set up. Much, much nicer than FFR.
07-21-2005 at 06:04 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
gamer_extreme_101
Rank Points: 1939
I use PyDance on my computer, as it has the greatest compatibility with homemade songs, is completly written in Python if I want to fool around, works in Linux (Although a Windows port is avaliable), and it uses the numberpad, which helped me improve my DROD maneuvering skills.

Although I admit that making Beethro do the moonwalk isn't as cool as it sounds. Too bad I can't teach him the robot...

07-21-2005 at 06:24 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
masonjason
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 349
You might want a Beatmania-type simulation game such as Delight Delight Reduplication.
http://homepage1.nifty.com/nickle/

And this is a brilliant faq for getting started:

http://www.jpopmusic.com/beatmania/bmfaq.php

07-21-2005 at 12:46 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Walked
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 13
http://www.shipmypirate.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=3

This thing runs on Stepmania - Stepmania is probably the BEST DDR game around that isnt In the Groove or DDR. :)
07-22-2005 at 07:46 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : Looking for free DDR-style games (Except, without the D.)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com