Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Journey to Rooted Hold : Twenty-Second Level : 3 North, 3 West
Page 2 of 2
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
sjschaffner
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 30
IP: Logged
icon Re: Journey to Rooted Hold : Twenty-Second Level : 3 North, 3 West (0)  
I have tried multiiple times since posting the above requests for help and still am without success. This is the toughest level I have faced in the two major holds. It is the first time I have not been helped by any of the hints. Since no one else is complaining, I assume it must be my elderly senior brain. I would appreciate more clarification of the hints if possible a demo or a partial one to get me past this difficult room.

08-20-2006 at 05:45 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Briareos
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3516
icon Re: Journey to Rooted Hold : Twenty-Second Level : 3 North, 3 West (+2)  
sjschaffner wrote:
Thanks for the suggestion. At the top, all I can do is kill the eyes by moving up and down and not move forward. Are there any examples of this technique?
Ummm... what technique, exactly? Yes, there's a lot of killing to do up there, *after* taking care of all other eyes that are up there.
In the demos you site are there still two sleeping eyes at the end before they go for the brain. If there weren't two remaining eyes to wake up, I could go for the brain directly and save many moves.
Which demo? Chaco's?

In my solution, there were 2 eyes left, but those were just before the bend to the green door at the start and thus easily disposed on my way back to the brain.

Anyway, as I wrote in my old post above, you should have woken all eyes on the west side by the time you're stalled at the top killing the oncoming horde.

If you didn't trigger some eyes, click on them to see where you can step to trigger them, and do so on your next try. Also, hit F4 when you're at the brain to record a demo of your current run so you can analyze it.

If all of the above doesn't help you, I could post a demo - feel free to ask... :)

np: Yello - Si Senor The Hairy Grill (One Second)

08-20-2006 at 06:24 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
sjschaffner
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 30
icon Re: Journey to Rooted Hold : Twenty-Second Level : 3 North, 3 West (+1)  
I immediately finished the room with time to spare after your help. Thanks.
The trick for me was your suggestion to click on the eyes to see where they are activated. By getting them all activated I was able to finish easily. None were sleeping on my way back. Again an obvious solution. I am amazed at how easily I was confused by some of the other comments. Thanks again.
08-20-2006 at 07:30 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
kyevan
Level: Disabled
Rank Points: 54
I take back what I said about wanting anything but more bomb mazes. Can I have the real level 22 now? :lol

(Yep. Apparently even posting a joke will give you the extra brainpower needed to fix small errors. I literally made one wrong step in my previous version apparently and failed to wake two eyes.)

[Last edited by kyevan at 03-23-2012 10:06 AM]
03-23-2012 at 09:58 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
robin
Rank Points: 842
The Challenge for this room
Click here to view the secret text

Comming from "1", must I go to "2" or may I also choose "3".
And can I awake the eyes at "4" and "5" and then go to "1", or is this forbidden?

02-12-2015 at 08:58 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Nuntar
Rank Points: 4590
You may go via 2 or 3 (though I'd be surprised if both are actually possible to complete the room) and you may go to 5 first if you think it helps. The challenge is failed if you go beyond the group of four eyes directly east of 5 before reaching a certain point on the western route.

I should add that the challenge is not as tight as Alex Diener's video made it seem. It can be done with as many as eleven moves to spare.

02-12-2015 at 05:05 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
kieranmillar
Rank Points: 2670
I can confirm that going via
is possible, at least that's how I did it.
02-12-2015 at 10:51 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Chaco
Rank Points: 3624
And I went via 3, so both are indeed possible. ;)

02-12-2015 at 11:52 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
KainXVIII
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 23
Ah, i can't see the picture, so any hints for western route challenge are appreciated :)
07-16-2019 at 10:20 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Page 2 of 2
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Journey to Rooted Hold : Twenty-Second Level : 3 North, 3 West
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com